The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 12 March 2024, 07:29 PM   #391
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrandseirolexguy View Post
If you’re referring to the micro adjustment, I believe it’s 2mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m referring to the push button micro adjustment on the clasp. Thank you

brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 08:26 PM   #392
Nicolamilton
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamana View Post
Because wearing a Speedy says you have style and know something about real historical watches, not just wearing a hyped watch in which it's only history is being worn by an actor. Beautiful mechanical movement to look at, legible dial, and superb build quality.
Omega wouln't dare
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (142.6 KB, 626 views)
Nicolamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 09:47 PM   #393
thegrandseirolexguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I’m referring to the push button micro adjustment on the clasp. Thank you

Yup, that one gives you a half-links worth of micro adjustment. Just over 2mm.

thegrandseirolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 09:50 PM   #394
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrandseirolexguy View Post
Yup, that one gives you a half-links worth of micro adjustment. Just over 2mm.

Thank you I appreciate knowing that

brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 02:38 AM   #395
Pablito
"TRF" Member

What an expensive and addictive hobby. AD told me it is possible for me to place a full pre order (no deposit) for this beautiful baby.
Guys, the day before it released I was like : "Darling, I've already had a crush for the blue Zenith Pilot in January, believe me, there's NO way I can fall in love to one more watch this year." The wife answered "Till the next one"
Then Speedy Tuesday happened with this white dial the day after.
I'm hesitating on the fact that I should see a therapist or buy the watch :D
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 04:28 AM   #396
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
New white speedy pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetione View Post
Many are talking about holding out for AD discounts. Couple things to consider:

AD will discount only the pieces they can't sell for full price. If there's a line at the door for this one, why expect a discount?

Omega raises prices to pace inflation. Very well documented. Whats inflation this year? 5%? What discount were you planning on obtaining from an AD?

I'm going for it now. Don't see too much logic in holding back....

If you’re patient and wait 1-2 years post release the secondary market will be selling these at a good discount.

Case in point: the NTTD. I remember when they first came out people were lining up paying retail. Hype wore off and they can now be found on the secondary market for a nice discount

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 04:52 AM   #397
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

I think the NTTD at one point were even going above retail because the hype was so high.

I remember the older Apollo 11 DSOTM also was going above retail very briefly due to hype.

Both watches have significantly come down 1-2 years post release.
gamingdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 05:35 AM   #398
Pablito
"TRF" Member

What is the NTTD sorry ?
Old 13 March 2024, 05:41 AM   #399
raclaims
"TRF" Member

No Time to Die - bond ti version
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 09:03 AM   #400
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
No Time to Die - bond ti version
Thank you!
Old 13 March 2024, 09:27 AM   #401
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 126334 Silver
I'm really curious if anyone that placed a full deposit/pre-order down last week/over the weekend has heard anything further about availability of actually getting their watch. I figure I'll give my OB about two weeks before I call them and ask if they've got any information on when I might see the watch. They quoted 'up to two months'.
Midlifegoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 12:50 PM   #402
NCD1979
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I agree that waiting 1-2 years will likely result in paying a lower price; however new watches will be released, and omega will continue raising MSRPs. I’m going to shell out at the current MSRP and enjoy the new speedy soon as possible. To each their own, but that will be my path. Cheers!
NCD1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 12:54 PM   #403
misochew
"TRF" Member

Watch: n+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlifegoals View Post
I'm really curious if anyone that placed a full deposit/pre-order down last week/over the weekend has heard anything further about availability of actually getting their watch. I figure I'll give my OB about two weeks before I call them and ask if they've got any information on when I might see the watch. They quoted 'up to two months'.

I went to an OB today to look at it. Asked to be put on waitlist expecting a request for deposit. She never asked. Of course after leaving I started to wonder if I’m on the real list or not.
Old 13 March 2024, 01:01 PM   #404
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’ve got a full deposit down and plan to visit the OB tomorrow to try their display model on. I’ll ask her and post an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCD1979 View Post
I agree that waiting 1-2 years will likely result in paying a lower price; however new watches will be released, and omega will continue raising MSRPs. I’m going to shell out at the current MSRP and enjoy the new speedy soon as possible. To each their own, but that will be my path. Cheers!
Same. I’m buying now, knowing it will probably depreciate. I want the watch and I can comfortably afford the depreciation.
yetione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 05:44 AM   #405
djtheot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT IIC
Quote:
Just picked mine up today
djtheot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 06:02 AM   #406
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtheot View Post
Just picked mine up today

Nice!! From an Omega Boutique in the states or elsewhere? Curious how many they got in.

Old 14 March 2024, 06:18 AM   #407
djtheot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT IIC
Quote:
Nice!! From an Omega Boutique in the states or elsewhere? Curious how many they got in.

UK boutique

djtheot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 11:32 AM   #408
watchfan1845
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
That’s interesting because the release was limited to 4 for each Boutique worldwide initially and then later to AD’s.
I know in HK there was just 10 allocated for the first month of release. Boutique sales reps are asking those who received allocations to keep quiet on social, because they're getting lots of upset VIP customers demanding (when they see another collector receive one and posting the new speedy on IG) "why did they get it before me???"

I told the Boutique sales reps that "at least you don't work for Rolex ADs", as at Omega they can almost always get a watch for someone if they're patient enough, that they actually have stock and more realistic wait lists...
watchfan1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 11:37 AM   #409
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchfan1845 View Post
I know in HK there was just 10 allocated for the first month of release. Boutique sales reps are asking those who received allocations to keep quiet on social, because they're getting lots of upset VIP customers demanding when they see another collector receive one (and posting on IG), "why did they get it before me???"

Yeah, I don’t blame the OBs for that at all. Basically impossible to keep everyone happy. I’m sure this will all be ancient history by July. So I hope!

Old 14 March 2024, 11:39 AM   #410
watchfan1845
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah, I don’t blame the OBs for that at all. Basically impossible to keep everyone happy. I’m sure this will all be ancient history by July. So I hope!

People have to remember this is NOT a limited edition OR limited production. So just wait. The only problem you'll face is potential price increases in the meantime.

I managed to get a Snoopy after 3 years of waiting. Just don't be a dickhead to your OB contacts. And buying the odd NATO strap or accessory from time to time always helps. ;)

On the Rolex front - I'm trying to encourage my AD contact that I've already been spending money this year at IWC and Omega and would LOVE to add a Rolex to the collection... please think of me if a nice piece comes in.
watchfan1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 11:57 AM   #411
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchfan1845 View Post
People have to remember this is NOT a limited edition OR limited production. So just wait. The only problem you'll face is potential price increases in the meantime.

I managed to get a Snoopy after 3 years of waiting. Just don't be a dickhead to your OB contacts. And buying the odd NATO strap or accessory from time to time always helps. ;)

On the Rolex front - I'm trying to encourage my AD contact that I've already been spending money this year at IWC and Omega and would LOVE to add a Rolex to the collection... please think of me if a nice piece comes in.

Haha, wow! Congrats on the Snoopy.

I feel sure Omega wants to sell as many of these things as they can, and since it’s not limited- they only stand to lose potential sales by not getting these out before folks change their mind and move on.

Old 15 March 2024, 10:05 AM   #412
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
I’m starting to feel FOMO on this one, I might have to order it.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2024, 01:34 PM   #413
baamvino
"TRF" Member

I have a feeling that Omega will reduce the amount of units based on the market reaction and make it more desirable down the line. It's not going to be as limited as Snoopy or Ed White, but I'm pretty sure they will follow the path of Rolex.
baamvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2024, 10:29 PM   #414
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baamvino View Post
I have a feeling that Omega will reduce the amount of units based on the market reaction and make it more desirable down the line. It's not going to be as limited as Snoopy or Ed White, but I'm pretty sure they will follow the path of Rolex.
I hope you are wrong, as I’m sure you do, too. I’m only a week in to my full deposit for the watch (quoted 1-3 month wait), and I’m already getting very impatient…haha. I’d love to have it before the first official day of summer!
Old 15 March 2024, 10:54 PM   #415
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baamvino View Post
I also have a feeling that their plan for the white speedy will evolve...

For example:

Swatch: Don't worry! The moonswatch will be available online! No need to queue up at stores. Everyone be civil.

(Sir - the moonswatch has been a massive success and is driving huge amounts of traffic to our flagship locations. If the watch they wanted isn't available, many of the customers are buying something else while they wait)

Swatch: Correction! No online!

Now....

Omega/Swatch: Don't worry! The white speedmaster will be available in all AD locations! No need to queue up in OB stores.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The white speedmaster will be available through the AD network, and with discounts, only after every last drop has been squeezed out of the OB network. My OB said they no longer accept full-price deposits as they've taken their maximum, and their waitlist is already in the 3 digits. And when I visited my OB to see the white speedy I was shown all the summer blue dials and other models they obviously hope to sell while people wait.... as will be their playbook.
Old 15 March 2024, 10:58 PM   #416
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

[mention]yetione [/mention] totally plausible, and yet I desperately hope you’re wrong! Haha

I’ll be curious to see when the second round of folks start getting watches. I was hoping it would be this week, but I haven’t seen much activity. Not very many YouTube videos or Instagram reels of folks with watches in-hand.

Holding out a glimmer of hope that my full deposit gets fulfilled in the order it was placed…

Old 15 March 2024, 11:13 PM   #417
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
[mention]yetione [/mention] totally plausible, and yet I desperately hope you’re wrong! Haha

I’ll be curious to see when the second round of folks start getting watches. I was hoping it would be this week, but I haven’t seen much activity. Not very many YouTube videos or Instagram reels of folks with watches in-hand.

Holding out a glimmer of hope that my full deposit gets fulfilled in the order it was placed…

Based on what I was told, the OB's have almost no idea what their delivery schedule will be. It sounds like the super VIPs have their watches already but round 2 /deposit people / could take 6 months. I remember the associates using the word "patience" several times lol.

I was among the very first deposits at my OB, albeit with a relatively limited spend history, and will be happy to provide an update when I get called.
Old 15 March 2024, 11:17 PM   #418
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

I am not sure they will play games with this for too long. My bet is by Xmas you will be able to buy one just like the black dial. I hope so anyway.

DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2024, 11:22 PM   #419
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetione View Post
Based on what I was told, the OB's have almost no idea what their delivery schedule will be. It sounds like the super VIPs have their watches already but round 2 /deposit people / could take 6 months. I remember the associates using the word "patience" several times lol.

I was among the very first deposits at my OB, albeit with a relatively limited spend history, and will be happy to provide an update when I get called.

Yeah, my OB also had no idea. They quoted me 1-3 months, but were up front about not having a clue. I have zero spend history (but been in several times shopping for my first Omega), which is why I figure if they don’t go chronologically, I’ll be waiting a while.

Old 15 March 2024, 11:40 PM   #420
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post
I am not sure they will play games with this for too long. My bet is by Xmas you will be able to buy one just like the black dial. I hope so anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzlQCiWzV1U&t=12s

Here's a pretty solid look behind the curtain at the market, and what the guys in the executive suites who pull the levers are thinking about. Whole video is worth watching but Rolex and Omega come in around 3:53. In a nutshell though, Omega will be doing things that help them increase their average price/unit sold. They have this massively popular hero product which, if they can drive full retail price sales, will help them significantly in doing that. Part of that though is to be very careful so as not to oversupply the market.