The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 21 August 2013, 11:49 PM   #31
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Richard, as a seller, I believe it's a responsibility to have patience and answer all questions asked to make sure your buyers are comfortable with what they are purchasing since they can't see it in person first. Of course, if they are rude or continue with multiple low ball offers, then that changes.

I don't sell much, but with my last sale, the buyer probably sent me 15 PMs / e-mails over 6-7 days, which was the most I've ever dealt with. While I was getting the feeling the deal might fall through, his questions were clearly to get everything straight in his head and I always answered them promptly and professionally, refraining from venting my frustration (which like you, was partly due to a stressful situation at work).

My suggestion - always take the high road to protect your reputation.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2013, 12:46 AM   #32
CharlieSheen

This is meant for day time television - Jerry. Jerry, Jerry!
CharlieSheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2013, 01:38 AM   #33
mike@ec
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer II,
I also agree that the seller should have more patience, even if he had a bad day at his daytime job..

I don't come home from my daytime job if I had a bad day, snapping at my friends
mike@ec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2013, 06:06 AM   #34
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKflyer View Post
Guys, I am the seller that Mark is speaking of. The way things went down is that Mark contacted me with a couple of questions about the watch, which I answered. He then proceeded to make a rather low offer, which I simply chose to ignore. A little while later, he messaged me again asking if I would make a counteroffer. So I made a reasonable counteroffer and he messaged me again saying that "we have a deal" and he will wire the money the following day.

Then a few hours later, he messages me again asking if the number of links quoted in my ad is the correct number (i.e. fully linked). Now keep in mind this was after he had already agreed to purchase in no uncertain terms. I told him that in my opinion, the watch did have all links as original. Mark then replied that he wasn't sure about doing the transaction until he had time to verify what the proper number of links should be and that in the meantime if anyone else would want to purchase the watch, that I should sell it to them.

The next morning, Mark messages me again that he researched the link situation to his satisfaction and wanted to move ahead, so I sent my payment instructions. Later that evening, he messages me that he can't send the wire and that if anyone else wants the watch, I should sell to them. That was when I told him not to contact me again about buying the watch. It was my opinion that not being able to send the wire was the second strike after waffling about the number of links after we had already made a deal.

Granted, I was a little short tempered due to tension at my "real job" but no four-letter words were used or anything like that. I just had a bad feeling about the way things were progressing and would rather sell to another member. If you do a search on this section of the forum, you will see that I have engaged in many successful transactions with other members.

This is my watch and it is my right to choose whether I want to sell to someone or not. I'm not sure why Mark started this thread except as a smear campaign, but it certainly reinforces my decision not to engage in a transaction with him!

Thanks for reading,
Richard

I've had correspondence with this seller before. I found him very unprofessional, and he also resorted to name calling. I'd stay away, I learned my lesson.....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2013, 06:25 AM   #35
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
I've had correspondence with this seller before. I found him very unprofessional, and he also resorted to name calling. I'd stay away, I learned my lesson.....
You have a bad memory on that one, buddy. I was the buyer and it was you who became hostile and condescending when I was merely pointed out some flaws in an effort to justify why I thought my offer was reasonable. Flaws that were not disclosed in the ad. So be careful who you accuse.
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2013, 06:39 AM   #36
Knappo 1307

Quote:
You have a bad memory on that one, buddy. I was the buyer and it was you who became hostile and condescending when I was merely pointed out some flaws in an effort to justify why I thought my offer was reasonable. Flaws that were not disclosed in the ad. So be careful who you accuse.
I never said I was a buyer or seller I stated I had correspondence with you and you were unprofessional. You actually lowballed me, the exact same thing you accused the 2thdr of doing. The description of my watch was accurate. Even after all the browbeating, you did over it, you still offered on it?? So buddy, the memory is good...
Old 24 August 2013, 06:59 AM   #37
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
The description of my watch was accurate.
I disagree. There were flaws that were not disclosed and not apparent in the ad until I viewed some larger photos that I had to request via email. But did I start a thread here saying "Knappo1307 is dishonest about the condition of his watches"? There are probably dozens of such harmless disagreements between buyers and sellers every week in the FS section, with each party firmly believing he or she is correct! Most members don't feel the need to tattle about them.
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2013, 07:02 AM   #38
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
I disagree. There were flaws that were not disclosed and not apparent in the ad until I viewed some larger photos that I had to request via email. But did I start a thread here saying "Knappo1307 is dishonest about the condition of his watches"? There are probably dozens of such harmless disagreements between buyers and sellers every week in the FS section, with each party firmly believing he or she is correct! Most members don't feel the need to tattle about them.
Tattle? LOL!
2th Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2013, 07:07 AM   #39
Knappo 1307

Quote:
That's funny, when I sent the pictures to your email you said you couldn't tell from them.. Again, you still offered to buy the watch. Now you're lying... Anyway I'm done with this and just plain bored with it. Just thought I needed to add my 2 cents. By the way here the ad I posted:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=309672
Old 24 August 2013, 07:16 AM   #40
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Hang on.

Who's supposed to be fighting with who?

Miss an episode and the plot is long lost.
Welshwatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2013, 07:55 AM   #41
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
Hang on.

Who's supposed to be fighting with who?

Miss an episode and the plot is long lost.
Old 24 August 2013, 07:58 AM   #42
Knappo 1307

Sorry Peter wasn't trying to hijack the thread, just sharing my experience. I do find it very entertaining that a member (NKflyer 400+ posts 85% FS section), is calling a very well respected member (2th DR 11,000+ posts) a waste of time.....
Old 24 August 2013, 09:59 AM   #43
Rags
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16233,16610,214270
Wow this is getting good. I had a conversation with Tony G ( Justrolexes ) this morning & in less than 10 minutes we had a deal. That's why I deal with Tony. He's a great guy.

114300 Oyster Perpetual
76200 Tudor Date+Day
Rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2013, 10:09 AM   #44
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags View Post
Wow this is getting good. I had a conversation with Tony G ( Justrolexes ) this morning & in less than 10 minutes we had a deal. That's why I deal with Tony. He's a great guy.
Well yeah, but that's Tony, a professional and true gentleman!
Old 24 August 2013, 10:53 AM   #45
samsmart
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Tint
Bad deal. Was he a seller with a good track record? Maybe he had mulitple offers on the table. Not trying to defend anyone, just playing devil's advocate.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
samsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2013, 11:53 AM   #46
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by threemonkeys View Post
Seems like a rude response from seller. I don't know that I would have gone public on this. But in general, I avoid people that don't demonstrate basic courtesy and kindness.
I agree, if you are sending thousands of pounds/dollars to someone then the least the seller can be is very patient and understanding and polite. Anything less is unacceptable and should be made public, that is the point of a forum.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2013, 12:07 PM   #47
Knappo 1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags View Post
Tony is the best, have not done a deal with him but have talked with him a few times..... The best......
Old 24 August 2013, 01:37 PM   #48
canwatchco
"TRF" Member

Personally, I don't see what anyone gets of berating a prospective buyer. People change their mind. Often, as a seller, it is quite predictable. But that's the sales game. You have to keep on smiling! Sometimes you have to bite your lip and move on.

That being said, the expression "in the meantime, if you have another buyer, go ahead and sell" more than often represents a deal that is about to die.

Yes, its polite to tell the seller that, and the seller shouldn't be mad. People change their minds, and they have every right to.

Now, if the buyer had said "please give me another day to get this straightened out", then there would be no question that he was still interested in completing the deal.

Either way, no reason for name calling.

I have never dealt with either buyer or seller, so I have no stake in this. Just stating my humble opinion.
canwatchco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2013, 11:34 PM   #49
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canwatchco View Post
Personally, I don't see what anyone gets of berating a prospective buyer. People change their mind. Often, as a seller, it is quite predictable. But that's the sales game. You have to keep on smiling! Sometimes you have to bite your lip and move on.

That being said, the expression "in the meantime, if you have another buyer, go ahead and sell" more than often represents a deal that is about to die.

Yes, its polite to tell the seller that, and the seller shouldn't be mad. People change their minds, and they have every right to.

Now, if the buyer had said "please give me another day to get this straightened out", then there would be no question that he was still interested in completing the deal.

Either way, no reason for name calling.

I have never dealt with either buyer or seller, so I have no stake in this. Just stating my humble opinion.
Good point. But I did say, "Let me try and figure out what's going on and I'll get back to you if/when I find out something". AND I in fact DID get it straightened out and was actually in the process of setting up the wire transfer when he blew me off. No worries, I ended up with a nicer watch anyway.
Old 24 August 2013, 11:56 PM   #50
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th DR View Post
Your explanation of what transpired is exactly the same as mine, so not sure what your point is in regurgitating it. If my intention was to smear your reputation as you so put it, I would have mentioned who you were from the very beginning but instead I chose not to.
As you have a right to sell or not to sell to whomever you want, I have a right to let others here know how you handled yourself and they have the right to know.
You could have? That's exactly what you did, you mentioned his name after 6 posts were made/within the hour.
I get that you are annoyed (and still are/were especially when I read your other posts) but don't you think you overreacted?

Miscommunications happen, that's the real world. Take it in and let go of it.

No offense to anyone but I just had to post this since NKflyer remained calm and explained everything very clearly and seems like a good guy.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2013, 12:02 AM   #51
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
You could have? That's exactly what you did, you mentioned his name after 6 posts were made/within the hour.
I get that you are annoyed (and still are/were especially when I read your other posts) but don't you think you overreacted?

Miscommunications happen, that's the real world. Take it in and let go of it.

No offense to anyone but I just had to post this since NKflyer remained calm and explained everything very clearly and seems like a good guy.
Remained calm? What posts are YOU reading???
Old 25 August 2013, 12:51 AM   #52
waQstar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16760
Guys come on, let by gones be by gones, we are humans and do slip up sometimes.
Old 25 August 2013, 01:21 AM   #53
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqstar View Post
Guys come on, let by gones be by gones, we are humans and do slip up sometimes.
I have no problem with that.
Old 25 August 2013, 09:33 PM   #54
mfnj
2024 Pledge Member

I think we have heard just about every opinion possible by now. Can't we get back to the age old "which is better, a Rolex Sub or Omega Planet Ocean"
mfnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2013, 01:26 AM   #55
Knappo 1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfnj View Post
I think we have heard just about every opinion possible by now. Can't we get back to the age old "which is better, a Rolex Sub or Omega Planet Ocean"
Sure go to general discussion.........
Old 26 August 2013, 11:01 AM   #56
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfnj View Post
The Sub, of course.

Taking private issues to a public thread makes for an inhospitable forum methinks.

Just my 2p

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2013, 11:12 PM   #57
ChrisVH
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
I'm pretty new here and have bought 2 watches, so far. This thread reminded me of when I asked a question to a known seller on trf a few months back. I asked about how his Sub he was selling was keeping time. He replied asking if I was a serious buyer, and if I was, then he would time test it. He also stated a lot of people waste his time. I could not believe it. I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't serious. I would like to know before I drop $5.5k. Anyway, I bought one from someone else, here, instead.
I have had great customer service from other sellers here, whether I bought from them, or not.
I still remember the rude seller, though, and everytime I see his name, I wince a little.
It's just something for sellers to consider, even if the buyer is new to the forum.

I love this forum, btw. I check it everyday. It makes me strive for more $$. Aren't watches awesome?!?! :)
ChrisVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2013, 12:45 PM   #58
WayneWatches

A Time waister ? Wow im glad this thread was started because I would NEVER EVER trust somebody that disrespectful and short tempered with my money.

Yes maybe the OP should of researched the link situation before making a deal but the Seller should have a bit more patience in the situation. Very Un professional.

Cant we all just get along???
WayneWatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2013, 04:42 PM   #59
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Oh man Mark, you flip so many watches, you don't have time to waste time on flipping watches.
What a joke. If a seller can't take a couple questions to confirm it's a fair deal or understand a (less than) one day payment delay, I don't want to deal with them either.
I got stuck at work until 6 today and was tied up until 9. I guess he would have cancelled my deal as well. I don't have time to waste actually buying watches, let alone jerking someone's chain.
Stuff happens. Or something like that.
BTW, if I was lead to believe by the seller that something was complete and found out through further research it was not, you better believe that our sales agreement would be off pending renegotiation. That's not a time waster's move, that's a smart buyer. If that's not OK, don't sell to me either, somebody else will, and my checks don't bounce. ;). But if you have deal on a Patek 24, maybe I'll reconsider.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2013, 09:27 AM   #60
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
Oh man Mark, you flip so many watches, you don't have time to waste time on flipping watches.
What a joke. If a seller can't take a couple questions to confirm it's a fair deal or understand a (less than) one day payment delay, I don't want to deal with them either.
I got stuck at work until 6 today and was tied up until 9. I guess he would have cancelled my deal as well. I don't have time to waste actually buying watches, let alone jerking someone's chain.
Stuff happens. Or something like that.
BTW, if I was lead to believe by the seller that something was complete and found out through further research it was not, you better believe that our sales agreement would be off pending renegotiation. That's not a time waster's move, that's a smart buyer. If that's not OK, don't sell to me either, somebody else will, and my checks don't bounce. ;). But if you have deal on a Patek 24, maybe I'll reconsider.
I'll have a dram to that doc!