The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 November 2023, 10:14 AM   #31
Cassian739
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Looks great!
Cassian739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2023, 07:08 PM   #32
Tbird
"TRF" Member

Looks great! How long have you had it? The "before" picture doesnt show much wear at all, too.
Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 02:21 AM   #33
macoutu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SD43
I believe the argument for a "no polish" request may be more applicable to models that have sharp edges, like my SD43. I wouldn't want a polish to affect those lines as they are a big part of the look. That particular watch won't see a polish as long as I own it.
macoutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 02:23 AM   #34
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
Looks great! How long have you had it? The "before" picture doesnt show much wear at all, too.
11 years, this is the first service. This watch was my daily for at least 3 years. The picture doesn’t show how bad it was, sometimes I couldn’t tell the difference between the satin and polished center links on the bracelet
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 02:32 AM   #35
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzi View Post
For rolex, only service if it aint moving or is low/off by much.
I originally was in this camp, but realized there’s a few benefits from a maintenance standpoint:

1. They change out the crown which has the seals, and they also pressure test the watch to confirm it’s water resistant to the 100m. Seals do wear, and it’s nice knowing it’s been changed as well as pressure tested.

2. They basically disassemble the whole movement, and then ultrasonic clean all the parts individually. I don’t know how much debris is generated over the years, but ultimately with any mechanical movement I have to imagine that after ticking 2.5 billion times over 10 years, it must generate some debris which gets all over the movement.

3. They lubricate the movement. Same deal, after 10 years of ticking the original oils must be pretty dry.

I’m not rushing to get my other watches serviced, but once every 10 years seems reasonable.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 01:13 PM   #36
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PM’s/Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
From what I understand, and this is some info from the service center AD,

NYC and Dallas are Rolex run, and they can do “anything” as it’s Rolex.

An authorized Rolex service center is basically a service center that has been authorized by Rolex to perform the service. They are authorized based on caliber, and need to have someone trained/authorized in that caliber. If they don’t have someone, even though they’re authorized. They would then send it off to the Rolex service center in Dallas or NY. If the AD isn’t authorized for anything, they’ll just send it along.

Here’s the list: https://www.rolex.com/en-us/watch-ca...7068052742&z=3

Here’s info on the post service warranty: https://www.rolex.com/watch-care-and...?cmpid=qr-code

Well for example in the DV/VA area where my cousin lives, they send most to RSC Rolex Dallas. Eventhough they are in the list of Service Centers. All vintageRolex go for sure. They do some service
locally, but then
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 08:54 PM   #37
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by macoutu View Post
I believe the argument for a "no polish" request may be more applicable to models that have sharp edges, like my SD43. I wouldn't want a polish to affect those lines as they are a big part of the look. That particular watch won't see a polish as long as I own it.
IMO no model should be polished. A sub has slabs and sharp edges, and corners.

But people are free to do whatever they want.
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 09:28 PM   #38
Callmepeshy
"TRF" Member

I'm half and half on the polishing argument...

On the one hand, I don't care about scratches and do believe they add a certain element to my personal history wearing the watch (especially since I've only bought new from AD).

But then the feeling and look of a brand new Rolex is something special too... although maybe that's partly because I'm thinking of when they're new purchases!
Old 6 November 2023, 10:01 PM   #39
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Looks great! I like the new servicing packaging as well.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote