The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 February 2024, 07:16 PM   #31
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporalq View Post
I left the case back sticker, and clasp stickers on. Will Rolex remove all those stickers before they send it back to me? The lady at my local AD was rude as hell but she said they would and I don't trust her advice, I would rather hear it from someone here.
Why would you care wether they leave the stickers on or off?

They will not increase the value of your watch, and if you wear the stickers on long enough, they will get nasty, from sweat, fungus and who knows what else.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2024, 11:12 PM   #32
corporalq
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty88 View Post
It sucks that the decision was made for you rather than by you… but if you want to add protective film to your watch to protect it as you mention previously, there are options out there.

I wouldn’t be comfortable recommending any, as I’m of the ‘what will be will be camp’ - but others might be able to help, or a quick search of other threads
I appreciate the empathy. This was my thoughts as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
They sell clear film to protect the finish. Just do that, when it comes back. I watched a YouTube video showing how to apply it.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's not about the protection really, it's about having something that most others don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaTuna View Post
Maybe they can put new stickers on since it came in to them with stickers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcameron View Post
Why would you care wether they leave the stickers on or off?

They will not increase the value of your watch, and if you wear the stickers on long enough, they will get nasty, from sweat, fungus and who knows what else.
Riiight, Lord knows none of us would love to have a 5 digit serial with its original stickers and that would NEVER sell for more than one without. Plus, it no longer belongs to Rolex, it's MY watch and that's how I bought it and that's how I wanted to keep it. It's about having something that I shouldn't have. I understand about the sweat, but I rotate through and clean my watches alot, so we're probably talking decades before that happens.
corporalq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 12:15 AM   #33
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Rolliworks. LA Watch Works.

This watch is still under warranty. RSC was his only option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 12:22 AM   #34
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

I will say that people here have been nicer than I expected.
That being said, I think it was probably a bit much to expect them to leave on stickers that the watch wasn’t supposed to leave the store with to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 12:43 AM   #35
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master ll
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgCarr View Post
I thought being a rude attendant at an AD was a requirement for employment....

After one not very good experience, I now bypass the local AD and deal directly with RSC. In my experience, the good folks at RSCs are good communicators. You can always ask them not to remove the stickers. But keep in mind that stickers are good collectors of bacteria and all sorts of stuff you might otherwise not want to touch. And I doubt that at this point, the stickers will add any value to your watch. Stickers aside, I'm sure you will be very happy with your watch when you get it back from RSC.
I agree at the RSC Toronto the woman I dealt with is terribly rude every time you contact them so I think it is a prerequisite at Rolex for receptionists and customer service people to be rude and obnoxious LOL
Old 12 February 2024, 01:05 AM   #36
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Quote:
Riiight, Lord knows none of us would love to have a 5 digit serial with its original stickers and that would NEVER sell for more than one without. Plus, it no longer belongs to Rolex, it's MY watch and that's how I bought it and that's how I wanted to keep it. It's about having something that I shouldn't have. I understand about the sweat, but I rotate through and clean my watches alot, so we're probably talking decades before that happens.
I still don't get it. Anytime anyone sells me any watch with a sticker on it, the first thing I do is peel it off. But your watch, so your call.
Old 12 February 2024, 01:08 AM   #37
Dave O
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Most of the original stickers protect the watch from unnecessary dings and scratches so I liked having them on there.

I own a relatively expensive car also and I've had the paint corrected and now there is Paint Protection Film on most of the vehicle. I like to take care of the things that I work my butt off for.

Plus, the other upside to this is that since I take great care in how I treat my watches, this will make the completely original watch easier to pass to my son and so on.

Hopefully this is a good enough explanation?
Quote:
I appreciate the empathy. This was my thoughts as well.

It's not about the protection really, it's about having something that most others don't.

I understand how you might be upset. But the stickers never should have been on there in the first place. All AD's are required to de badge prior to giving the watch to the customer. If they violate this rule, they could lose their AD. You also mention that "none of us would love to have a 5 serial digit serial with its original stickers and that would NEVER sell for more than one without." But you also said this would be passed on to your son, so there should be no worries about resale. You also state you put PPF on your car. So why not put it on your watch? This is what I do on my clasp to protect it and it provides much better protection than the stickers that come from Rolex with no concern about bacteria.

I'm sorry I don't have more empathy for you. I'm as anal as they come which is why I put protection on the clasp. But in my opinion, this is much ado about nothing. Just let it go and if you are that concerned about protecting the watch there are options out there.
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 11:53 AM   #38
corporalq
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
I understand how you might be upset. But the stickers never should have been on there in the first place. All AD's are required to de badge prior to giving the watch to the customer. If they violate this rule, they could lose their AD. You also mention that "none of us would love to have a 5 serial digit serial with its original stickers and that would NEVER sell for more than one without." But you also said this would be passed on to your son, so there should be no worries about resale. You also state you put PPF on your car. So why not put it on your watch? This is what I do on my clasp to protect it and it provides much better protection than the stickers that come from Rolex with no concern about bacteria.

I'm sorry I don't have more empathy for you. I'm as anal as they come which is why I put protection on the clasp. But in my opinion, this is much ado about nothing. Just let it go and if you are that concerned about protecting the watch there are options out there.
You've kinda made my point for me. The stickers are not suppose to be on there so it made it more valuable.to me. I see all the options for protection, but that was only a small part of the want of having them. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter because they're gone now and I can't do anything to change it. I appreciate your input.
corporalq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 12:36 PM   #39
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
I hope you still can enjoy the watch and make some wonderful memories with it and pass it on to your son.

Enjoy it in good health!
Rolex1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 01:08 PM   #40
Medem
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Most of the original stickers protect the watch from unnecessary dings and scratches so I liked having them on there.

I own a relatively expensive car also and I've had the paint corrected and now there is Paint Protection Film on most of the vehicle. I like to take care of the things that I work my butt off for.

Plus, the other upside to this is that since I take great care in how I treat my watches, this will make the completely original watch easier to pass to my son and so on.

Hopefully this is a good enough explanation?
The plastic covers are not always completely impermeable to sweat. Using the watch with the plastic stickers on can cause oxidation under the sticker. Seiko, for instance, specifically recommends that they be removed prior to use.
I do not leave them attached to any of my watches when they get used for the first time or when they come back from service.
Medem is offline   Reply With Quote