The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 March 2020, 12:58 PM   #31
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
The owner is Mike and he does not sell fakes

Last edited by padi56; 2 March 2020 at 12:02 AM..
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 01:12 PM   #32
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
For all the cries of “dealers selling out the back door,” prove it. This is one of the most used mantras here from people who can’t get the watches they want from an AD and yet a large percentage of the members here are getting their watches at retail.
I believe almost all resale pieces come from AD buyers making a quick buck aka flippers.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 01:19 PM   #33
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Oh wow. A gray dealer has inventory. Surprise surprise. Next...
Old 1 March 2020, 02:35 PM   #34
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Why you guys hating this guy so much? It’s his business... I mean literally. I guess when watches became really hard to get He should have closed up shop, donated all his inventory and given up his entire life to charity!? Lol. Cmon.

We don’t know how many of these slipped out of ADs, which I get the frustration on that front, trust me I get it!! But again, we don’t know. He might have bought 90% of his inventory at market value.

I think you guys need to check your haterade and take a breath.

Oh and btw, lets not forget, this isn’t bread, milk and shelter in the time of crisis. These are luxury items that no one on the planet needs. Dont feel too bad for all those naked wrists starving for a GMT or Daytona. ADs aren’t calling me for anything, don’t feel bad for me, I don’t feel bad for myself.

Kind of agree with you to be honest

Haters gonna hate
Rolex Daytona 126500LN/Rolex 126710BLRO/Rolex 126720VTNR/Rolex 126710BLNR/Rolex Oyster 126000/Breitling B01 CHRONOGRAPH 43 CURTISS WARHAWK/Omega“SILVER SNOOPY AWARD” 50TH ANNIVERSARY/Some Swatch x omega x blancpain
time_and_cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 02:53 PM   #35
atique
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM, GMTII, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcjvr View Post
From a Greys Instagram feed.

How many of these came out the backdoor from ADs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unscrupulous AD’s

atique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 02:53 PM   #36
cerendigit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio digital
Beautiful.

(ps. to people that are angry, don't hate the players).
cerendigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 02:53 PM   #37
atique
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM, GMTII, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by atique View Post
Unscrupulous AD’s

We should stop buying from grey market

atique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 02:54 PM   #38
cerendigit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio digital
Quote:
Why you guys hating this guy so much? It’s his business... I mean literally. I guess when watches became really hard to get He should have closed up shop, donated all his inventory and given up his entire life to charity!? Lol. Cmon.

We don’t know how many of these slipped out of ADs, which I get the frustration on that front, trust me I get it!! But again, we don’t know. He might have bought 90% of his inventory at market value.

Oh and btw, lets not forget, this isn’t bread, milk and shelter in the time of crisis. These are luxury items that no one on the planet needs. Dont feel too bad for all those naked wrists starving for a GMT or Daytona. ADs aren’t calling me for anything, don’t feel bad for me, I don’t feel bad for myself.
You nailed it. Some people in this forum live in fantasy land.
cerendigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 03:17 PM   #39
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muxi View Post
I just don’t understand the market strategy behind these Instagram posts. If at all, it discourages me from considering the reference. That’s all.

Agree. If anything, showing abundance probably leads to pressure on pricing and not an uplift.

But I’m guessing 99% of his buyers aren’t on TRF but those that will flock to him to get a ‘hot’ watch they can’t score at the AD.

Cheers

Old 1 March 2020, 03:35 PM   #40
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Quote:

Well said
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 04:02 PM   #41
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
If they came straight from ADs then they'd be in coffins.

To me they look like fakes but it's impossible to tell at this resolution.

The plastic wrap around them says their origin is likely the Asian market.
1. Not necessarily
2. They look like fakes but its impossible to tell, what does that mean?
3 greya store watches like that.

4. You have no idea what you are talking about
Xtralarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 04:04 PM   #42
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona BLNR SubLV
Quote:

I completely agree. I have absolutely no problem with someone creating a legal business and doing well. I have absolutely no problem with ADs selling their wares to the highest bidder. It's a free market. Right now, these pieces are worth more than MSRP. There will be a time when things change and the ADs and Greys will be offering discounts -- as they did just a few years ago.

I work with a national luxury home builder. The base prices of homes in my community have gone up $38,000 in the last 8 months (and on Monday we are increasing the base prices another $3,000 across the board). Why shouldn't we? That is what the market dictates. In time, when the economy slows and interest rates increase, we will lower our prices ... but not now.
Dougiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 05:03 PM   #43
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

I don’t like it and have never bought grey before and have always bought from my AD

however I remember a time when people would try on a Sub or GMT at AD pretend like their ready to buy and then say they’ll think about it and walk out the door leaving the SA high and dry and go to Grey market and buy it for 10-20% cheaper.

Why weren’t people complaining about grey dealers then??????

You have to take the ups and downs with greys.

I always stuck with my AD.

brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 06:00 PM   #44
Macnavara
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrejb View Post
F this guy

X 100....what a plonker
Old 1 March 2020, 07:10 PM   #45
peterpl
Banned

Still think a BLRO/BLNR or Hulk etc....are rare? LMFAO.

You guys getting taken for a ride.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 07:14 PM   #46
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Think its a shame - A lot of people would be loved and enjoyed to wear these
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 08:24 PM   #47
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

How many of them are genuine? Let's see some coffins and boxes. I mean, tight fitting hard plastic? Come on. Who treats a watch like that? And then asks for a grey premium!
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 08:33 PM   #48
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
I remember a time when people would try on a Sub or GMT at AD pretend like their ready to buy and then say they’ll think about it and walk out the door leaving the SA high and dry and go to Grey market and buy it for 10-20% cheaper.
My AD has always been accommodating with pricing. They might not be able to match grey pricing but they have always been willing to discount by a big enough margin to keep the business.

Flexibility, not to mention realism, needs to go in both directions to work. I've had two Rolex watches from my AD with discounts. And three at MSRP. It would be hypocritical, not to mention taking the piss to expect a discount on any SS or TT Rolex from my AD today. They will discount my next Omega.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 08:46 PM   #49
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbombkid View Post
Maybe photoshopped just to get likes, hits, people pissed off? I don’t believe it.
Not photoshopped look at the time on each dial all are different. I believe they are located in the Seybold Building in Miami, if you've ever been there this wouldn't shock you there are literally thousands of Rolexs there.
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 08:48 PM   #50
DJ39
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT
I think people get upset when the Daytona is double the retail price, or even the Pepsi at double the price, it seems like price gouging and not the actual market, I do not know the answer

The case to look at is Debeers holding a large amount of diamonds to create a market. Business schools admire the company for marketing genius and market creation, And given that it is a luxury item they are given a pass.

I think the jewelry business, watches included, get a pass to do these things that in other industries would not be acceptable.

DJ39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 09:31 PM   #51
SLSteve
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
How many of them are genuine? Let's see some coffins and boxes. I mean, tight fitting hard plastic? Come on. Who treats a watch like that? And then asks for a grey premium!
Much easier to put them in a safe like this. The safe will hold many more watches this way.

Anyways, with the Coronavirus, big stockmarket crash and falling grey prices I’m guessing it won’t be long before models will be more attainable.
SLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 09:39 PM   #52
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
As a CFO in the retail world I would give this guy zero “open to buy.”
What does this mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavli3 View Post
I believe they are located in the Seybold Building in Miami, if you've ever been there this wouldn't shock you there are literally thousands of Rolexs there.
Why is that?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 09:40 PM   #53
Monty22
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126715CHNR, 116400
Quote:

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Monty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 10:13 PM   #54
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnith View Post
I am curious to know if the pieces pictured are all authentic. We all know how challenging it is to differentiate replicas from genuine pieces nowadays. It won't be difficult to photograph a bunch of replica pieces on social media in order to boost business.

I am not saying the company is selling replica/fake pieces; I am simply wondering if what we see on social media is a marketing ploy to drive business, and that perhaps the actual inventory of the authentic pieces is simply not that.
Or, they could be selling fakes .... like Horology House if anyone recalls....
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 10:25 PM   #55
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

Dude seems legit at least based on some insta followers I know.
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 10:37 PM   #56
djgallo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
For all the cries of “dealers selling out the back door,” prove it. This is one of the most used mantras here from people who can’t get the watches they want from an AD and yet a large percentage of the members here are getting their watches at retail.
I believe almost all resale pieces come from AD buyers making a quick buck aka flippers.
^^^^This and a lot of them right here on this forum.....
djgallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2020, 11:27 PM   #57
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Nice watches and I believe them to be real. If you watch some video of industry watch shows for dealers, not AD's, you will see a lot of the watches packaged this way. Do pictures like this hurt or help the seller? I believe that it helps, as he does it all the time and most people would not consistently doing things that hurt their business. In the end, what does it matter? The market is the market, the dealers are the dealers and the AD's are going to do what they are going to do. Price will ride up and down and demand will surge and wane. If you want a watch then buy one. Get it from an AD if you can. If not, then go grey and get the best price you can. Enjoy your watch and move on. The never ending complaining about prices on TRF is one of the true consistencies of the site. It does not bother me but I have to wonder what are these folks going to complain about once things correct and they can get what they want from an AD. I know, they will brag about the discount they got. In the end it is about the watches for me.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2020, 12:07 AM   #58
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtralarg View Post
1. Not necessarily
2. They look like fakes but its impossible to tell, what does that mean?
3 greya store watches like that.

4. You have no idea what you are talking about
1. Now that I know who this is on IG, I've not seen a photo of bulk watches in coffins in his feed. If they were coming straight from ADs then it's reasonable to expect coffins. I personally don't buy into the "AD backdoor" rumors.

2. I was speculating they might be fake, again before seeing this seller's feed.

3. I don't buy grey but have seen plenty of watches in Asia wrapped like that, leading me to think that's where they might have originated. It's speculation. Nothing more.

4. Good.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2020, 12:27 AM   #59
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcjvr View Post
From a Greys Instagram feed.

How many of these came out the backdoor from ADs...
All of them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
I personally don't buy into the "AD backdoor" rumors.
Just because some do it, or have done it (many ADs have been stripped of status now), doesn't mean they all do. And many definitely have or still do.

A close family friend is a diamond dealer in the diamond district of NYC, and it isn't exactly a secret.
mykii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2020, 12:36 AM   #60
mcnealstash
Banned

Watch: 116610LN, 116500LN
I'd rather not buy what is quite possibly a fake watch for over retail when I can just be patient and get one from the AD in the next 3-4 months. Already collected a Black SubC-Date and SS Daytona in 2020, will only be a few more months till batman arrives! The Rolex trifecta completed in a year!

Remember everyone, patience is a virtue
mcnealstash is offline   Reply With Quote