The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 April 2020, 05:49 AM   #31
JerBear
"TRF" Member

Closed in New Orleans, though I've gotten extremely quick email replies from the manager when I reached out earlier this week with questions. This particular manager has always been great and I have no history with this AD (other than being on current waiting lists).
JerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 06:44 AM   #32
blada4life
"TRF" Member

whats interesting is that i bet they wish they didnt throw away all those "interest" cards they have you fill out with the watch you want. now i know its BS, i havent received a call from any ADs i've been to in the last 1-2 years. not one. tells me they toss those. in other words, there is no list unless the AD really wants to help you
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 06:50 AM   #33
ChuckB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 126710BLNR
All closed in the Seattle area. My go-to AD is closed until all the state restrictions lift (a big unknown) - which is a dilemma for me as I'm ready to sell my year-old Tudor Black Bay Bronze, but the warranty card is currently kept at the AD. Can't sell until I have the card....can't get the card until the AD opens again.
ChuckB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 07:24 AM   #34
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckB View Post
All closed in the Seattle area. My go-to AD is closed until all the state restrictions lift (a big unknown) - which is a dilemma for me as I'm ready to sell my year-old Tudor Black Bay Bronze, but the warranty card is currently kept at the AD. Can't sell until I have the card....can't get the card until the AD opens again.

Wow, there was/is a USA AD that held warranty cards!!?? I thought that was just an UK AD thing. And on a Tudor watch. Was this a required anti-flipping measure or something else? BB or AG's?

Good luck.
ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 08:40 AM   #35
RichM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: out now,take care!
Closed in Delaware. We only have two.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 09:29 AM   #36
campfire
"TRF" Member

The corporate one is closed but the family owned one is doing business remotely.
campfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 09:32 AM   #37
dmearc
"TRF" Member

I know one AD in Phoenix Arizona area that is open with appointment only.
dmearc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 09:34 AM   #38
Wck88
Banned

Not in New York
Wck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 10:12 AM   #39
Brian1966
"TRF" Member

All closed up here in Michigan and I’m so ready to buy a Datejust 41 with white dial and jubilee. I hope they open soon
Brian1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 10:18 AM   #40
EconTigerOrange
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 MKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexc View Post
None in NC
I know of one in Charlotte that is still doing business by appointment. Unfortunately, the one that I’ve been building a relationship with is in the mall, which is closed even for the AD.
EconTigerOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 11:04 AM   #41
SeaDuba
"TRF" Member

My local AD in Omaha has remained open throughout everything. Stopped by the other day. They had a pretty good selection of PM, DJ, & DD. Only SS piece was a Sea Dweller. Still fun to get in and try them all on.
SeaDuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 11:05 AM   #42
ChuckB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOK View Post
Wow, there was/is a USA AD that held warranty cards!!?? I thought that was just an UK AD thing. And on a Tudor watch. Was this a required anti-flipping measure or something else? BB or AG's?

Good luck.
It depends on the AD. My AD doesn't require that they keep the warranty cards (at least for me); I ask them to hold them so 1) I know they're in a safe place, and 2) because I typically don't intend to resell the watch, I don't have an immediate need for the cards. When I eventually ask for the cards, though, they always oblige without issue. But it's an issue right now because the AD is closed as it's not considered an "essential business."
ChuckB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 11:53 AM   #43
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
I really like this combo. It disputes the notion someone had recently that black dial watches don't exactly go with brown straps. Looks very nice!!
Looks great! In the first Bond film, Dr No, Connery wore his Submariner on brown leather. It was his personal Rolex. Just watched the film in Hi Def.
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 12:00 PM   #44
Spencer
"TRF" Member

I don't think any in the US are open, but it seems like all AD's have their inventory list, and receive shipping reports on new inventory, contact preferred customers, and try to make sales that way.

Resident Audemars Piguet Fanatic
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 12:04 PM   #45
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckB View Post
It depends on the AD. My AD doesn't require that they keep the warranty cards (at least for me); I ask them to hold them so 1) I know they're in a safe place, and 2) because I typically don't intend to resell the watch, I don't have an immediate need for the cards. When I eventually ask for the cards, though, they always oblige without issue. But it's an issue right now because the AD is closed as it's not considered an "essential business."

I see. Thanks for the explanation.
ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 12:50 PM   #46
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Michigan is shut down until May 1st. That date could change as now NY has an extension until May 15th

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 01:39 PM   #47
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I’ve spoken to my AD contact weekly since Mayors closed. They’re not selling online nor over the phone, however, they’re owned by Watches of Switzerland and that company is selling in the UK over the phone.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 03:34 PM   #48
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

AD in the DC area called to offer me a Milgauss and said they could mail it to me.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 11:43 PM   #49
BogdanS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariettaMike View Post
My AD in GA closed for in-store business but doing business over phone. Hulk purchased via phone call. Was on list for Hulk, only waited 30 days. AD mailed watch overnight. No drive-up pickup available.

Am considered a VIP customer with AD. Only drawback, had to size bracelet myself. Thanks to Google and this board, got good advice on resizing the oyster bracelet. No problem. Only complaint: AD didn't include outer box that normally is included when bought in-store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You got a HULK after just 30 days of waiting? WOW...

BogdanS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2020, 11:49 PM   #50
BogdanS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDuba View Post
My local AD in Omaha has remained open throughout everything. Stopped by the other day. They had a pretty good selection of PM, DJ, & DD. Only SS piece was a Sea Dweller. Still fun to get in and try them all on.

Was that the SD43 or the 40mm one? I hope your took the opportunity

BogdanS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 12:48 AM   #51
Ballzzz

Not round these parts.
Old 18 April 2020, 07:57 PM   #52
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
Not the US but in my home in Japan all 4 ADs are closed.

3 of the 4 greys that I go to I saw closed. One was gutted. Like no display tables etc. The 4th is in an underground mall with recirculated air and I did not want to go down there to check. I suspect it is closed too. As far as I know they are not doing curbside VIP sales.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 08:33 PM   #53
vesnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
My AD is officially closed but I am picking up my latest from them today - GMT II BLNR. O heard from them a couple times since the quarantine with a couple Rolex they are selling. So they are still selling but no open to the public.
vesnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2020, 02:45 PM   #54
shipitfresh
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41
All the AD's on the westside of Los Angeles down to OC are closed. Not sure about the Asian dealers in the San Gabriel Valley. Wouldn't be a shock to me if they are still open in some form or fashion. The manager of the AD where my wife and I recently bought 2 new watches has called me twice to check-in as my watch is in their hands being evaluated for service. It started losing 30-40 seconds per day and I dropped it off a week before the lockdown.
shipitfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2020, 06:33 PM   #55
Jimbogigolo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona W&B
Not in NJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Jimbogigolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 01:14 AM   #56
MariettaMike
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogdanS View Post
You got a HULK after just 30 days of waiting? WOW...

Yes. I'm a regular at my AD and get excellent service.

MariettaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 09:08 AM   #57
SeaDuba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDuba View Post
Stopped by my local AD this evening. I have not bought from them yet. So far, they have made the process of looking really enjoyable. I'm holding out for an Explorer 1, I think. We'll see when I actually try it on.

Only SS pieces tonight were a YM2 and Oyster Perpetual. There were some really fun PM pieces. My son tried on a YG President.
SeaDuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 09:10 AM   #58
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipitfresh View Post
All the AD's on the westside of Los Angeles down to OC are closed. Not sure about the Asian dealers in the San Gabriel Valley. Wouldn't be a shock to me if they are still open in some form or fashion. The manager of the AD where my wife and I recently bought 2 new watches has called me twice to check-in as my watch is in their hands being evaluated for service. It started losing 30-40 seconds per day and I dropped it off a week before the lockdown.
SG ADs are closed too. I called one of the SAs directly on her cell and asked if she could sell over the phone and ship it....nothin’ doin’.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote