The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 10 April 2022, 06:03 AM   #31
fullofboats
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVx2 View Post
The PF line will wear smaller in wrist span than AP RO.

The 42mm annual calendar I tried doesn’t wear as big, across the span, as a 41mm RO. The 40mm pf three hand will actually also wear smaller in that way, compared to my 39mm RO. In both cases the dial will however appear slightly larger.

The PF has a form fitting downturn and the bracelet wrap doesn’t protrude initially from the case as do the AP ROs.

So, without any measurements, and speaking from memory without doing a direct comparison with your question in mind, I would say the 40mm PF wears closer to a 39mm AP RO than to a 41mm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Your assessment is spot on as someone who has owned multiple 41 RO, the 15202 and Tonda PF micro rotor. You can think of the PF as a very close size comparison to the jumbo except it wears with more heft due to the platinum bezel and micro rotor. Bonus is the 100m wr.

~7” wrist

Thanks for the feedback. Any thoughts on the quality of finishing and comfort of the bracelet vs. ROs?

There’s a +1 year waitlist with my AD for the steel pf now and the idea of dropping +$20k sight unseen isn’t appealing.
fullofboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 10:21 AM   #32
LVx2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofboats View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Any thoughts on the quality of finishing and comfort of the bracelet vs. ROs?

There’s a +1 year waitlist with my AD for the steel pf now and the idea of dropping +$20k sight unseen isn’t appealing.
The PF case, bracelet, dial and hands all exude quality. I love my BLNR but next to the annual it really shows the refinement of the PF. BLNR against the AP RO would also show that difference.

The subtleness, of both brushing and wrist feel, is perhaps greater on the PF. The side brushing is exceptionally fine and plays with very thin polished areas much like the AP RO. The way the case has been formed has that balance you feel in a RO as well. So, in terms of craftsmanship and build it's on par with AP RO. Also, I really appreciate how PF is 100m rated, higher than the AP. Even the annual calendar, with little external push areas, is 100m. That indicates quality.

Of course, I've only had limited time with the PF and GB-man with both at his disposal would have a more complete opinion.
LVx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 01:16 PM   #33
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofboats View Post

The way the entire case and bracelet is constructed on the PF is right there with the RO. The lugs are special, the polished and brushed surfaces are gorgeous, and its just really solid and comfortable in the same way an ap bracelet is. There are not many complaints to be made about the pf micro rotors bracelet. As noted before there is a bit more heft due to the platinum.

At the end of the day this is a watch that is right up there with the jumbo in many ways but it's not a jumbo. I unfortunately sold my 15202 for a song many moons ago because I found it to be an incredible pain in the arse to set and also you literally walk around on pins and needles trying to dodge door frames and contact with other forms of life.

I could barely put a grand or two in my pocket for the difference between what I sold my 15202 and bought my pf. Of course today I wish I could reverse such a move but in this market the 15202 is for all intents and purposes a 6 figure watch. That makes the PF a steal in comparison and one I am happy to own.
Old 10 April 2022, 01:53 PM   #34
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

.....aren't you selling it?
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 02:02 PM   #35
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Parmigiani Fleurier question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
.....aren't you selling it?

No I sold my 5513 instead. If my wallet was infinite I’d never sell anything. Unfortunately not the case and it’s always this vs that.
Old 12 April 2022, 12:13 AM   #36
smg8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smg8 View Post
I expect the manufacturer to tell me whether what the AD I contacted told me is accurate, in so much as the only way I can try a watch on before buying it is to pay a deposit and have one made specifically for me. That doesn't seem a normal way of spending £15k on a watch to me.
Pleased to confirm PF have been very helpful and indeed confirmed that what their retailer told me is complete nonsense.

They also shared with me which retailers have the exact ones I want to try on in stock/which expect to receive them soon, and I have one arriving at a local retailer to try on in the coming days (one of only 2 in the country at this time apparently).

Looking forward to trying it on
smg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2022, 12:54 AM   #37
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Pleased to confirm PF have been very helpful and indeed confirmed that what their retailer told me is complete nonsense.

They also shared with me which retailers have the exact ones I want to try on in stock/which expect to receive them soon, and I have one arriving at a local retailer to try on in the coming days (one of only 2 in the country at this time apparently).

Great news. Let us know what your take is
Old 12 April 2022, 01:27 AM   #38
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Would you mind sharing who has stock in London? I wouldn’t mind seeing it in the flesh…
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2022, 02:35 AM   #39
rag5178
"TRF" Member

Good on PF for sorting that out for you. Eager to hear your opinion of the models you try.
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2022, 03:33 AM   #40
LVx2
Banned

Quote:

Good stuff. Look forward to hearing more.

This new Tonda GT looks cool, if you see it I’d love to hear your impressions, or from anyone else who’s seen it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5255DFCB-BC05-41F4-BBC2-C62CE6A7BC0D.jpeg (108.0 KB, 255 views)
LVx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2022, 03:40 PM   #41
phiberoptiks
"TRF" Member

My AD needed a deposit for one incoming but that said it'd be fully refundable since they know they'll sell any Tonda PF steel micro rotor or gmt rattrapante
phiberoptiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 06:59 AM   #42
Watchristic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Has it landed? Was it a good decision? Would love to see a pic, not enough PF's on the forum!

Yes and picking it up in May

Will share my thoughts on it once I have had it for sometime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watchristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 07:12 AM   #43
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Best thing in my mind about this is that it's unmistakably a parm. This is how to jump on the bandwagon but not copying anything. I put down a deposit but sounds like the wait is longer and longer....
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 01:41 PM   #44
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Best thing in my mind about this is that it's unmistakably a parm. This is how to jump on the bandwagon but not copying anything. I put down a deposit but sounds like the wait is longer and longer....

Congrats in advance
Old 21 April 2022, 11:14 PM   #45
rag5178
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How long a wait are you expecting? I've been getting told 12-18 months from a few different ADs at this point.
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote