The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 March 2024, 01:12 AM   #61
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

I’m not sure if the chono24 site is the most accurate barometer for the current market though
Paddydog52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 01:15 AM   #62
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

I track the price on the follower site, presuming that the daily fluctuations are predicated on used watches though:

https://watchcharts.com/watch_model/...26610lv/prices
Old 5 March 2024, 03:09 AM   #63
AI bot
Banned

AI bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 03:43 AM   #64
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI bot View Post
Why? For what reason?
Old 13 March 2024, 01:57 AM   #65
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

I don’t personally have mine insured but is it common for people to insure for a higher value than the market value? Just wondering why it states that the insurance value is £18999.00?

Thanks

https://www.devonco.co.uk/shoponline...full-set-2021/
Old 13 March 2024, 01:58 AM   #66
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

I don’t personally have mine insured but is it common for people to insure for a higher value than the market value? Just wondering why it states that the insurance value is £18999.00?

Thanks

https://www.devonco.co.uk/shoponline...full-set-2021/
Old 13 March 2024, 05:59 AM   #67
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

Here comes the bad news.

The watch is with a MK2 bezel, which the hangtag confirms "m126610LV-0002" - these didn't come until 2023. The date of the warranty card is signed in 2021 - it's literally impossible that this watch could have been sold in 2021.

Something doesn't add up.

Fakes today are so good that no one, specially the old timers in this forum, can authenticate based on images.
VonSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 06:03 AM   #68
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

Warranty card model + serial stamp looks fake. Does not look like that on any of my cards, or cards I could find online.
VonSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 06:41 AM   #69
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

I wasn’t wondering about the authenticity, more just the valuation for insurance which is around £4000 more than the current market value of the watch
Old 13 March 2024, 06:48 AM   #70
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Date of purchase states 18-06 then it doesn’t show the year but presumably it will state 2021
Old 13 March 2024, 07:00 AM   #71
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSomething View Post
Here comes the bad news.

The watch is with a MK2 bezel, which the hangtag confirms "m126610LV-0002" - these didn't come until 2023. The date of the warranty card is signed in 2021 - it's literally impossible that this watch could have been sold in 2021.

Fakes today are so good that no one, specially the old timers in this forum, can authenticate based on images.
Not sure the posters on here will like being denounced as “old timers” lol

What are the chances of the experienced Rolex enthusiasts on here all being wrong and you being right, maybe you’re a bit confused, my images are very clear, if there was anything off authenticity wise with my watch then I’m pretty sure one of the or multiple knowledgeable posters on here would have picked up on such an obvious issue before you cast your eye over my images, it better not be a dud as I turned down an £11,500 cash alternative offer and took the watch instead!
Old 13 March 2024, 07:08 AM   #72
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

But I sent all the same images to many dealers and major auction houses such as Sotheby’s for example and they all were prepared to offer to buy the watch off me or put it through their auctions, surely one of them would have looked at my images and very quickly noticed that the tag I have doesn’t match with the bezel?
Old 13 March 2024, 07:29 AM   #73
Callmepeshy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSomething View Post
Here comes the bad news.

Not true. I have a MK1 bezel 126610LV (same as OP) and my white tag also says 0002. A quick chrono search shows loads of the same.

Watch also looks perfectly authentic.
Old 13 March 2024, 08:09 AM   #74
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callmepeshy View Post
Not true. I have a MK1 bezel 126610LV (same as OP) and my white tag also says 0002. A quick chrono search shows loads of the same.

Watch also looks perfectly authentic.
Thank you for confirming, I think I was being trolled but stupidly took the bait!
Old 13 March 2024, 08:49 AM   #75
Galevin
"TRF" Member

Absolutely 100% it’s the real deal
Galevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 03:02 AM   #76
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

This seems like a decent price for a stickered brand new one, unless I’m missing something, can’t see how you would lose on it if you just bought and held on to it for a while, seems to state that you can’t return it though if you’re buying from a private seller on that site so presumably that’s putting people off taking risk:

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/sub...9_0s7WHR&pos=9
Old 24 March 2024, 06:06 PM   #77
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
[QUOTE=VonSomething;13185292]Here comes the bad news.

This old timer still thinks it looks good.

It is usually understood that only an internal examination can confirm this but an old timer knows this.

Read the first reply in post 3.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 06:56 PM   #78
hojlund
"TRF" Member

I think it's the mk1 bezel, colour same as the hulk.
hojlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 01:12 PM   #79
Twisted Vicar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojlund View Post
I think it's the mk1 bezel, colour same as the hulk.
Of course it is. The Mk2 wasn't released for another two years, almost.

All white tags show -002, which is for the oyster bracelet.
Twisted Vicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2024, 11:30 PM   #80
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Are the any free sites where you can keep up to date with the market values in GBP? Was using watchcharts but can no longer view the prices without paying. Thanks
Old 29 March 2024, 11:40 PM   #81
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddydog52 View Post
Are the any free sites where you can keep up to date with the market values in GBP? Was using watchcharts but can no longer view the prices without paying. Thanks
Have you worn your watch? Are you enjoying it?
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 02:10 AM   #82
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

I am enjoying it very much, gave it a wind last week
Old 30 March 2024, 02:57 AM   #83
thatswhatshesaid
"TRF" Member

Ebay authentication is worthless and I know of an AD that was fooled by a super clone. Since you can order a super clone with a cusom serial number to match authentic paperwork, the only way to know the entire watch is authentic is to take it to a RSC.
Opinions given in this thread are simply opinions, so keep that in mind.
thatswhatshesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 03:14 AM   #84
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

EBay work with the company Stott and Co who I believe are a respected outfit? Not sure they would agree that their appraisals are “worthless” but you are entitled to your opinion! Lol
Old 30 March 2024, 09:42 AM   #85
thatswhatshesaid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddydog52 View Post
EBay work with the company Stott and Co who I believe are a respected outfit? Not sure they would agree that their appraisals are “worthless” but you are entitled to your opinion! Lol
Because of the volume coming through them from ebay, obviously the quality of "authenticators" has been watered down. There are plenty of horror stories out there if you do some looking.

I've seen with my own eyes what has passed as authentic and is was comical to the point that it was hard to believe anyone really even looked at it.
Old 30 March 2024, 10:09 AM   #86
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Additional Authentication required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswhatshesaid View Post
Because of the volume coming through them from ebay, obviously the quality of "authenticators" has been watered down. There are plenty of horror stories out there if you do some looking.

I've seen with my own eyes what has passed as authentic and is was comical to the point that it was hard to believe anyone really even looked at it.

Au contraire, I just had a buyer of my Tissot PRX BNIB, pay to have them authenticate it, and they said, although authentic, there was a hairline scratch visible on the bracelet, so they sent the guy blown up pics of the scratch, and he refused to go ahead with the purchase. The watch was returned to me, and I asked eBay to have their authenticator send me pics they took. So I got the watch back, relisted it as new with defects, at the same very reasonable price as before, and posted my pics, including the pics from authenticator. I also included what authenticator had said in the body of my listing. A guy messaged me and said, “what scratch are you talking about? I answered, “Beats me, but you should be able to see it in those last 4 hi res pics. He then paid for the watch. So, my theory is they REALLY check these watches thoroughly, and with a magnifying loupe can see any tiny flaw, in the brushed finish, and report it as a defect. The guy who authenticated my watch concluded that it was “very minor significantly not as described”. I’m pretty sure that’s an oxymoron. So, I’m not sure what to think about their authenticators. I was also surprised to learn that The Tissot Ice blue PRX is a watch that is often counterfeited.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 10:47 AM   #87
DarthSimon
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD.Daytona.SD.Subs
1000000 percent real bro. Agree don’t show your serial numbers…
DarthSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 08:58 AM   #88
thatswhatshesaid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Au contraire, I just had a buyer of my Tissot PRX BNIB, pay to have them authenticate it, and they said, although authentic, there was a hairline scratch visible on the bracelet, so they sent the guy blown up pics of the scratch, and he refused to go ahead with the purchase. The watch was returned to me, and I asked eBay to have their authenticator send me pics they took. So I got the watch back, relisted it as new with defects, at the same very reasonable price as before, and posted my pics, including the pics from authenticator. I also included what authenticator had said in the body of my listing. A guy messaged me and said, “what scratch are you talking about? I answered, “Beats me, but you should be able to see it in those last 4 hi res pics. He then paid for the watch. So, my theory is they REALLY check these watches thoroughly, and with a magnifying loupe can see any tiny flaw, in the brushed finish, and report it as a defect. The guy who authenticated my watch concluded that it was “very minor significantly not as described”. I’m pretty sure that’s an oxymoron. So, I’m not sure what to think about their authenticators. I was also surprised to learn that The Tissot Ice blue PRX is a watch that is often counterfeited.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All this tells me is that you had a picky authenticator. There are a lot of them and there are real horror stories out there if you care to look into it. And I'm referring to actual authentication issues, not condition.
Do you trust one of those people to detect a fully documented super clone when AD's have mistaken them for authentic? I do not.
Old 3 April 2024, 09:10 AM   #89
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswhatshesaid View Post
All this tells me is that you had a picky authenticator. There are a lot of them and there are real horror stories out there if you care to look into it. And I'm referring to actual authentication issues, not condition.
Do you trust one of those people to detect a fully documented super clone when AD's have mistaken them for authentic? I do not.

Fair point. I have purchased Rolex watches from eBay, but only vintage models. My daughter purchased a used Breitling, that I checked out the pics on, and thought it looked legit, and it went through the authentication process, and was deemed authentic. I have since seen it in person, and it was fine. I am under the impression that the company eBay uses is very legitimate. Based on what you are saying, the only safe place to buy is from an AD. I’m not sure I’m in that camp.

Kat
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 10:27 PM   #90
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Model still showing on Rolex official site but from what I’ve read a particular model can quietly be removed at any time making it then officially discontinued so just have to intermittently check over the coming weeks and months I guess