The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 August 2021, 06:50 PM   #61
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewester View Post
Curious as to what it was you expected or wanted from the watch? It sounds like it's easy to wear and you enjoy it so what's the problem? If it was harder for others to obtain, would that increase your enjoyment?

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 06:54 PM   #62
ninjin
"TRF" Member

Watch: give me time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalifam View Post
Hi all,

*What's going on with THE BB58 (UK)*

Recently in the UK I have noticed the Tudor BB 58 (blue and black) available in AD windows... My local Tudor AD had one for about 9 weeks in their window and didn't sell - my brother was after one so he purchased it, but I was shocked that it was there for 2 months + (the blue one)

Today, I seen on a Facebook group someone trying to sell their Blue 58 purchased this month for £2600 (RRP in the UK is £2760)

There were comments like good luck been trying to sell mine for £2200 and had no interest, another comment saying no one wants these any more?!

Whats going on? Has the love for the 58 really shifted? Or is Tudor just straight up hype?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
And that is the fickle world of Social Media. Hype-Price up... No Hype-price down. If you buy because you like it, then the price really never enters the equation.

I have a few Tudor's, all purchased brand new at list or below. All the recent ones (last 2years) all worth less than I paid. I'm not upset at this, as for me, I buy because I like the watches and I knew it wouldn't go up in value (flipping value).
Old 3 August 2021, 07:26 PM   #63
krounchou
"TRF" Member

I think it's a pretty normal situation. Only Rolex, PP and a few others are difficult to obtain.
It would not stop me from buying one if I like it for sure. It may stop flippers, which is a good thing
krounchou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 12:04 AM   #64
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Bought mine (58 Blue) recently from my AD with a small discount. All of my local ADs had a couple in stock.

It was really refreshing to walk in (having chosen which AD to use) and try on the various strap/bracelet options and make my choice based on actually wanting to buy the watch.

Do I care its now worth less than I paid for it? Not one bit.

Its probably my favourite watch

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 12:10 AM   #65
Tuma
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
BB58 love still here!

Where is this strap from?
Tuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 12:24 AM   #66
Kenworthy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlaw View Post
the BB58 is a great watch for its price point - obviously i thought so as i bought the blue one and recently the 925

i paid rrp and as i didnt expect to sell either in the immediate near future i bought both in the full expectation that when i came to sell either one i would probably lose say 35% but was not too bothered as that loss is one i can easily afford and a new tudor is never going to be an "investment piece"

anyone that buys any watch as an investment is on to a loser as a long term investment in my view - save for daytona and select patek/AP models. quick flip in a barmy market maybe but that is it

i am jaded with all the talk about watches as investments - what happened to i wanted/needed that watch and bought it with the heart not the head
Agree with your comments. I was comparing my Tudors with my Rolex which is an unfair comparison as even at RRP Rolex is around 2x+ the price on a similar reference / model Tudor . Tudor are amazing value for money watches . So I decided to keep both my because to sell them for around 40% loss would be madness . Just have to work a bit harder to get my next piece Rolex. Apologies if caused any offence to other Tudor owners….
Kenworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 03:46 AM   #67
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
I suspect that the 58 OG will be discontinued in the next couple of years and then the prices will rise
Old 4 August 2021, 03:57 AM   #68
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
Or perhaps just being overly speculative....

There's no shortage of any Tudor models where I am in Southern England once the initial hype wears off. GMTs, 58 Blue, PO1's - every Tudor AD (and I have 3 in fairly close proximity) has all of them readily available in the window. Obviously the latest hyped-up pieces aren't in the windows yet, but they will be. Just normal market conditions IMO.

Rolex is the outlier, and it amuses me how some people think that all watch brands MUST be like Rolex.

Yep, Goldsmiths Southampton has got pretty much of of the above in the window all the time and has done for a while. GMT has been an easy walk in over a year so baffles me how greys are asking well over msrp. Speculative and can’t shift them I suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 04:02 AM   #69
JakeK
"TRF" Member

Watch: VCO
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
If you're buying watches you like it doesn't matter. If you're buying watches for other reasons then no sympathy.

After 4 years I have no intention of moving on.

Fantastic!
JakeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 07:40 AM   #70
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I can’t see how these could be ever worth more than their retail price. Every AD I have ever visited has each variant languishing in the window. Why would anyone pay over retail? Am I missing something or maybe I don’t know enough about the model?
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 07:40 AM   #71
talkingbollox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmavan View Post
After 4 years I have no intention of moving on.
4 years?
talkingbollox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 07:45 AM   #72
boring_sandwich
"TRF" Member

WoS group have all the BB58's on either bracelet, strap or nato available to buy online with next day delivery, they also throw in a free watch winder!

So in the UK they are readily available.
boring_sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 08:07 AM   #73
Sthe
Banned

I look for to purchasing this soon.
Sthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 08:30 AM   #74
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingbollox View Post