The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 14 October 2023, 01:38 AM   #61
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Spender View Post
...Thx
Wow, many truly excellent suggestions on this thread, which one did you decide to get Big Spender?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 02:12 AM   #62
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Other than Journe, a number of them are more than 95% in-house, like Voutilainen, Roger Smith, Greubel Forsey, Akrivia, Bexei, etc. These watchmakers spend a lot of time doing hand-finishing /hand-making which take up a lot of the manufacturing time. Journe doesn't do much hand-finishing though, and he stamps all his dials, so he is probably the most efficient of the bunch.
Wonder how come Voutilainen delay is so long now. When I first interested in placing an order, the delivery window is under 1 year. And after that, it seems like every 3 months the delivery date gets pushed out many months. It almost feels like he should close the order book for now so the existing orders can get cleared out. When the order book is stretched out to 2028+ while all the orders already have a 20-30% deposit, it seems safe to close the order book for a year or two.

On the other hand, it is disappointing to see GF increasing production and shift focus to the less refined sports line. I would rather see a smaller Signature One like model than more Balancier's.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 02:24 AM   #63
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
On the other hand, it is disappointing to see GF increasing production and shift focus to the less refined sports line. I would rather see a smaller Signature One like model than more Balancier's.
Their interior angles have disappeared. I quite like the Signature 1 but the retail price is more than double the Origine, a handmade watch finished to very impressive standards. My money goes to Sylvain Pinaud.

Btw MB&F also doubling to 500 by 2024.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 02:48 AM   #64
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Their interior angles have disappeared. I quite like the Signature 1 but the retail price is more than double the Origine, a handmade watch finished to very impressive standards. My money goes to Sylvain Pinaud.

Btw MB&F also doubling to 500 by 2024.
The Balancier is nice but not 280k nice to me. GF should have stayed with the original DNA but I guess the new CEO is hired to "right the ship".

I thought MB&F is increasing production by 20% this coming year and same 20% for the following 2-3 years? 2x in one year is a lot. Maybe my LM Sequential will show up sooner than expected.
Old 14 October 2023, 02:48 AM   #65
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Which brand in this tier of luxury watches provide timepieces worth buying?

Kari isn’t actually hands on with the watches anymore correct? I thought he was just a ceo at this point? Speaking of which what’s going on with UJ I was excited about that project and have heard not a peep.

Not hating on Kari I’d kill for a v8. That Chocolate brown combo is fire. I don’t have the patience for that long though. I recall a few members here ordering and getting them in like 8 months. How times have changed.
Old 14 October 2023, 02:49 AM   #66
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS719691 View Post
Very nice. What strap is that?

Delugs elastic
Old 14 October 2023, 02:54 AM   #67
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Kari isn’t actually hands on with the watches anymore correct? I thought he was just a ceo at this point? Speaking of which what’s going on with UJ I was excited about that project and have heard not a peep.
You are probably correct as most work is done by his team of watchmakers now.

BTW, anyone saw the new Worldtimer CSW? Any opinion? The price is a little on the high side IMHO.

For UJ, I think his daughter Veena (sp?) is running the operation there. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. When he first got UJ, he did mention he will wait a year before making his mark. UJ shares so much DNA with Voutilainen, it will be a perfect stepping stone to the brands. Sort of a gateway drug.
Old 14 October 2023, 04:17 AM   #68
GS719691
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Delugs elastic
Thank you. It suits your watch perfectly.
GS719691 is offline   Reply With Quote