The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 22 January 2024, 04:57 PM   #121
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I see a US ad with online purchasing for both silver and black dials. Wow. The scarcity thing just not happening for this model.

It’s definitely not scarce. Was just in Milan and was able to try on each dial color at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2024, 02:48 AM   #122
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
A word in support of the new IWC Ingenieur

Was visiting the local IWC flagshipstore to pick up my aqua ingenieur which needed to be regulated.
The SA was so nice to show me the new titanium Ingenieur. Smashing piece.

Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2024, 02:49 AM   #123
quantumdna
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC 4000V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannr1 View Post
Was visiting the local IWC flagshipstore to pick up my aqua ingenieur which needed to be regulated.

Hold on… your Aqua needed regulation… like running slow or fast?
Old 4 February 2024, 02:52 AM   #124
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumdna View Post
Hold on… your Aqua needed regulation… like running slow or fast?

Running slow, 20 seconds a day.
Old 4 February 2024, 10:25 PM   #125
Artking3
"TRF" Member

How did you like the titanium model compared to your aqua? Does it feel and look substantially different? I’ve handled the steel models but not seen the titanium in person. I’m wondering if it’s worth the price premium.
Artking3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 12:42 AM   #126
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
Quote:
Any specifics like which model(s) or what percentage of decrease?
most of the models.
ceramic pilots
ingenieur etc

about 3-5%
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 02:21 AM   #127
rockysw
"TRF" Member

I am just beginning to think about my next watch (a daily watch). Ingenuier and Mark XX are on the short list. And ingenuir seems to be availabe in WoS london (per their online stock checker), so I will see if I can try it on (I dont live in London, so bit of pain) and decide if it is worth the price.

But my initial thinking is that it is not worth the price especially compared to other watches on my shortlist. For example Grand Seiko (SLGH005) has an awesome movement, brillaint finishing and dial. So from that perspective it is much better value (although different type of watches).
rockysw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 02:58 AM   #128
F131F
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 14060A
Quote:
Is this really the titanium? Looks a lot like the steel with white dial...🤔
F131F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 03:14 AM   #129
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by F131F View Post
Is this really the titanium? Looks a lot like the steel with white dial...

Yeah black hands and markers and media blasted look rather than brushed.
Old 5 February 2024, 08:59 PM   #130
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artking3 View Post
How did you like the titanium model compared to your aqua? Does it feel and look substantially different? I’ve handled the steel models but not seen the titanium in person. I’m wondering if it’s worth the price premium.

If we keep pricing aside, the Ti would be my second choice after the Aqua. It has half the heft of the SS ones and the sandblasted finish of the case and bracelet makes it more toolish. Especially the light slate color of the dial is very attractive. Is it worth the €3k extra? I guess not, but in this price range no watch is worth the MRSP.
Old 7 February 2024, 11:49 PM   #131
aquawatch
"TRF" Member

Has anyone had success getting the micro-adjustment clasp for this? I went into two Australian IWC boutiques and they both said it currently wasn't available and weren't sure if it ever would be available.

I really like the watch, but I simply cannot wear a non micro-adjustment bracelet. Here in Melbourne, it's routinely 30+ degrees during the day and 14 at night. That means my wrist is constantly shrinking and expanding over the course of the day!
aquawatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2024, 12:41 AM   #132
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquawatch View Post
Has anyone had success getting the micro-adjustment clasp for this? I went into two Australian IWC boutiques and they both said it currently wasn't available and weren't sure if it ever would be available.

I really like the watch, but I simply cannot wear a non micro-adjustment bracelet. Here in Melbourne, it's routinely 30+ degrees during the day and 14 at night. That means my wrist is constantly shrinking and expanding over the course of the day!

There should be a micro-adjustment clasp available. It was announced by the IWC CEO

https://youtu.be/YFxFrFLFmf0?si=Qe5SvbF6EsgXpALG
Old 8 February 2024, 08:20 AM   #133
aquawatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There should be a micro-adjustment clasp available. It was announced by the IWC CEO

https://youtu.be/YFxFrFLFmf0?si=Qe5SvbF6EsgXpALG
Haha I know! I even showed them that video but they still insisted it wasn’t possible right now and may never be.
Old 8 February 2024, 09:29 PM   #134
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Haha I know! I even showed them that video but they still insisted it wasn’t possible right now and may never be.

The IWC rep at 800 number said April 2024 and put me on a list to be called. Try calling them.
Old 8 February 2024, 09:32 PM   #135
aquawatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
The IWC rep at 800 number said April 2024 and put me on a list to be called. Try calling them.
Thanks will do! I think that's the confirmation I need to go ahead and proceed with the watch.

In Melbourne, the IWC boutiques aren't corporate-owned and are run via a local third party, which sometimes compromises the quality of service/information available.
Old 8 February 2024, 09:35 PM   #136
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks will do! I think that's the confirmation I need to go ahead and proceed with the watch.

In Melbourne, the IWC boutiques aren't corporate-owned and are run via a local third party, which sometimes compromises the quality of service/information available.

I'd wait til you have the buckle. Prices seem to be coming down quickly and I had a hard time with sizing on mine.
Old 9 February 2024, 07:56 PM   #137
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
My understanding is adjustable buckle arrives in April.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2024, 09:45 PM   #138
aquawatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
My understanding is adjustable buckle arrives in April.
I hope so. I rang the official IWC number for Australia and they told me there was no plan to roll out a micro-adjustment for the Ingenieur.

Again, I think that IWC in Australia uses a third party to run their business, and the customer service here is inferior to other IWC boutiques I've visited across Asia and Europe. That said, it's weird that two Melbourne boutiques + official IWC Australia phone number all said there's no micro-adjustment coming. One even said that if I were to try and change the clasp, it's an unauthorised modification and voids the warranty lol.
Old 10 February 2024, 12:52 PM   #139
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
The IWC rep I deal with told me today they don’t even have a part number for the clasp yet and they are expecting an announcement in April, but the actual clasp won’t likely be in the chain for a while after that.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 02:11 PM   #140
wagenx
"TRF" Member

OK, we are a year, and many months, into this thread. Any regrets on the new Ingenieur? I’m optimistic that we will see the Ingenieur in regular ADs, and not just boutiques. Love to hear any 3 / 6 / 12 month reviews?
wagenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 07:40 PM   #141
djtheot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT IIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagenx View Post
OK, we are a year, and many months, into this thread. Any regrets on the new Ingenieur? I’m optimistic that we will see the Ingenieur in regular ADs, and not just boutiques. Love to hear any 3 / 6 / 12 month reviews?
I picked up one of the first Aquas in October, no regrets, it has turned into the piece I wear the most. Its an extremely versatile watch. The dial has kept me interested and the finishing on the bracelet and case is superb. I had an alpine eagle which I eventually sold as it was not getting a look in. Some critics focus on price without experiencing the watch firsthand. It’s essential to appreciate the craftsmanship behind it. Its become clickbait to focus on the price bashing. I have bonded with it more than I expected and hope to see a gold one at some point.
djtheot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 08:02 PM   #142
mario1971
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS
Some time ago I measured Inge at a friend's place. The watch doesn't seem very big, I think the bracelet is too tight for my 19 cm wrist and if I were to buy it, I would have to choose an additional link. The version with the blue dial is too sweet - so candy-like. I think a much better solution would be a black or white (silver) dial, or a titanium model.
Old 12 March 2024, 01:56 AM   #143
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Just a great photo of the Aqua Ingy. Still prefer ny black one. Don’t understand the complaints about the price. The design DNA of the Nautilus and Royal Oak at a fraction of the price or wait a few years and see if costs less used.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 02:45 AM   #144
dr.ns23
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202
To be honest, the Ingenieur is a beautiful watch - the finish and quality are excellent. I find myself wearing it the most and it has become one of my favorite watches. Oh and it is the only watch that people notice on my wrist and ask me about!!
Most complaints are from people who didn’t even try or handle the watch. The moment you do you will appreciate it more. I think it deserves way more credit!
Old 12 March 2024, 02:46 AM   #145
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

[QUOTE=mario1971;13183416]Some time ago I measured Inge at a friend's place. The watch doesn't seem very big, I think the bracelet is too tight for my 19 cm wrist and if I were to buy it, I would have to choose an additional link. The version with the blue dial is too sweet - so candy-like. I think a much better solution would be a black or white (silver) dial, or a titanium model.
[/QUOTE

It looks SWEET to me in a good way, thanks for sharing. Mines imminent
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 04:02 AM   #146
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

Ok, so I finally had a chance to try this on at a boutique and to say I was blown away would be a massive understatement. Keep in mind the following is all just my opinion.

25 years of collecting, tried on over 1000 watches probably. I don't recall ever trying on a watch that felt so right on my wrist. First time with an integrated bracelet watch that felt smaller on my wrist than the dimensions suggest. It felt like a 39mm, which is pretty much my personal sweet spot when it comes to watch size. The endlinks also drape down instead of flaring out like most IBs. The proportions felt perfect, right amount of thickness not just in the case but also the bracelet itself.

I own the Overseas and have tried on basically all the well known watches in this category. The usual RO and Nautilus, and then the Alpine Eagle and Laureato.

Aesthetically nothing beats the RO, but this Ingenieur comes in second. Quality/finishing is definitely not as good as my Overseas or the big boys, but I think it's about on par with the Laureato. Alpine Eagle is a bit better. So in that regard pricing is fair.

Bottom line, I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since trying it on, and that rarely happens with watches these days. For example I was also at the Rolex AD that day and tried on a Sky Dweller. Awesome watch, might want to own someday. But it has not stuck with me like the Ingenieur has.

My only criticisms would be what most people have said. Lack of microadjust (thought that may be remedied soon?). The watch felt awesome, again, the best I ever remember a watch feeling at an AD. But I was doing the usual pinch bracelet against wrist thing to approximate fit. Not sure how well it will fit once links are removed without microadjust.

The other criticism is that I would have liked to see some kind of strap change system, like my Overseas or even the ones IWC already has. Having said that, this is nowhere near a deal breaker.

My big hesitation right now is that I just picked up the Overseas, so don't know if I can justify another big purchase of a fellow IB watch so soon. Or honestly if I can justify it at all with my desire to trim the collection and already owning the Overseas.

OTOH, I doubt I'll ever get a Royal Oak (a bit too blingy/flashy) and doubt I can afford a Nautilus ever. Considering the Ingenieur is a Genta watch and there for the taking, I might not be able to resist and talk myself into it. I guess I'll see.
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 12:50 AM   #147
dr.ns23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dark knight View Post
Ok, so I finally had a chance to try this on at a boutique and to say I was blown away would be a massive understatement. Keep in mind the following is all just my opinion.

25 years of collecting, tried on over 1000 watches probably. I don't recall ever trying on a watch that felt so right on my wrist. First time with an integrated bracelet watch that felt smaller on my wrist than the dimensions suggest. It felt like a 39mm, which is pretty much my personal sweet spot when it comes to watch size. The endlinks also drape down instead of flaring out like most IBs. The proportions felt perfect, right amount of thickness not just in the case but also the bracelet itself.

I own the Overseas and have tried on basically all the well known watches in this category. The usual RO and Nautilus, and then the Alpine Eagle and Laureato.

Aesthetically nothing beats the RO, but this Ingenieur comes in second. Quality/finishing is definitely not as good as my Overseas or the big boys, but I think it's about on par with the Laureato. Alpine Eagle is a bit better. So in that regard pricing is fair.

Bottom line, I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since trying it on, and that rarely happens with watches these days. For example I was also at the Rolex AD that day and tried on a Sky Dweller. Awesome watch, might want to own someday. But it has not stuck with me like the Ingenieur has.

My only criticisms would be what most people have said. Lack of microadjust (thought that may be remedied soon?). The watch felt awesome, again, the best I ever remember a watch feeling at an AD. But I was doing the usual pinch bracelet against wrist thing to approximate fit. Not sure how well it will fit once links are removed without microadjust.

The other criticism is that I would have liked to see some kind of strap change system, like my Overseas or even the ones IWC already has. Having said that, this is nowhere near a deal breaker.

My big hesitation right now is that I just picked up the Overseas, so don't know if I can justify another big purchase of a fellow IB watch so soon. Or honestly if I can justify it at all with my desire to trim the collection and already owning the Overseas.

OTOH, I doubt I'll ever get a Royal Oak (a bit too blingy/flashy) and doubt I can afford a Nautilus ever. Considering the Ingenieur is a Genta watch and there for the taking, I might not be able to resist and talk myself into it. I guess I'll see.
Very well said!
I was very excited about it when it first launched and I immediately put a deposit for the black dial one, few months after it I started doubting my decision and wondered if I did a mistake. When the boutique called me to collect it, I went with very low expectations. And there was the pleasant surprise. The moment I held it and put it on my wrist every single doubt I had was erased. The finishing, the bracelet, the dial, everything was super cool about it. Every time I wear it I find myself staring at it or taking pictures of it. And this is coming from a person that owns a RO and many other watches.
The watch has something special that you can only appreciate when you see it live. Again, most people are criticizing the watch without seeing it.
Personally, I find it way more nicer than the Alpine Eagle and the Laureato (I’ve tried both multiple times).
I definitely think you should buy it, may be the black dial version if you have the blue overseas. Keep us posted with your decision!
Old 13 March 2024, 05:17 AM   #148
JCZ5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dark knight View Post

Can you expand more on the Overseas and Ingenieur comparison? I am debating between the two in my future purchase. I also have a RO so have seen the quality of top-tier finishing.

I know the Overseas have good case finishing, but is it so in your face compared to the Ingy.
JCZ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 07:43 AM   #149
dr.ns23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Can you expand more on the Overseas and Ingenieur comparison? I am debating between the two in my future purchase. I also have a RO so have seen the quality of top-tier finishing.

I know the Overseas have good case finishing, but is it so in your face compared to the Ingy.
I don’t own the Overseas but have seen it so many times on the wrists of my friends. There’s no doubt that the watch is beautiful and the quality is top notch but it is indeed too flashy when compared to the Ingenieur. It is shiny and the way the dial color changes with the light attracts attention. The black Ingenieur is more discreet but still has its own presence without being so in your face. Having said that, I get a lot of compliments when I am wearing it. People don’t even notice my colored OPs!
Anyways, both are very nice watches but it is best if you try them on and see what you like the most. Personally, I declined an Overseas simply because I had zero feelings when I tried it on.
Old 13 March 2024, 09:53 PM   #150
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
I really liked the white after trying it on at the NYC Boutique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
travisb is online now   Reply With Quote