The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 1 October 2023, 05:46 AM   #121
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Nfl 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets_fan44 View Post
@Krash, you think the Jets would have done something right if A-Rod was still playing? You think they would be at 3 and O, and a possible win in the meadowlands on Sunday against KC? It’d be fun to know if whether or not he would have been the jets’ saviour. Just wish he didn’t crap out on the heel cause i wanted to know if he indeed was going to bring the jets to the promised land.

So, going into the season, I didn’t think the Jets would be able to compete with the Bills and Dolphins even with Rodgers.

Obviously, the Jets beat the Bills anyway, and they did so with Zach Wilson. So that pretty much blows up my theory right there.

But after watching Rodgers last year, it was clear that he’s just not the same player. Is he better than Wilson? Yes, absolutely. Is he good enough to win a division? Probably not.

It sort of reminds me of the 76ers acquiring James Hardin. He’s just not the same player he once was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2023, 10:38 AM   #122
Stan Cooper
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Purdy and the Niners are looking for 4 - 0 tomorrow against the Cardinals.
♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Stan Cooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2023, 06:16 AM   #123
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

hmm... bears lol

how long til someone gets fired? that was horrible play calling even after throwing a 20 pt lead and Fields had an incredible game
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2023, 06:24 AM   #124
Maleg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
hmm... bears lol

how long til someone gets fired? that was horrible play calling even after throwing a 20 pt lead and Fields had an incredible game
The Bears are loathe to eat a contract. They’ll keep the staff intact and take the losses.
Maleg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2023, 06:39 AM   #125
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Can’t wait to hear swagu’s dumb a** explain again to me on first take how Josh Allen is not elite lol

Old 2 October 2023, 08:42 AM   #126
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
hmm... bears lol

My wife and I were there today. My first Bears game in 15 years. For the first half I thought I was a good luck charm. Then I learned what it’s like to be a Bears fan
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2023, 01:41 AM   #127
Maleg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Can’t wait to hear swagu’s dumb a** explain again to me on first take how Josh Allen is not elite lol
Not everyone with game can be elite. In a sample size as small as the NFL the number that transcend just being good is perhaps one or two that are elite.

For me, the criteria is first ballot hall of fame. I definitely put Mahomes in that class. Josh Allen doesn’t get there for me. He’s good, but not consistently great, which isn’t elite. Maybe down the road he will get there, but today he’s just a good QB.
Old 3 October 2023, 02:20 AM   #128
austinp
"TRF" Member

Gotta love how week to week the NFL is. New narratives every week. One week a team is a playoff favorite the next week pushing the panic button. Love it.

austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2023, 06:04 AM   #129
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1888 Appleton Trac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
So, going into the season, I didn’t think the Jets would be able to compete with the Bills and Dolphins even with Rodgers.

Obviously, the Jets beat the Bills anyway, and they did so with Zach Wilson.
week one was a long time ago, still think the Jets are better than the Bills ?
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2023, 06:05 AM   #130
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleg View Post
Not everyone with game can be elite. In a sample size as small as the NFL the number that transcend just being good is perhaps one or two that are elite.

For me, the criteria is first ballot hall of fame. I definitely put Mahomes in that class. Josh Allen doesn’t get there for me. He’s good, but not consistently great, which isn’t elite. Maybe down the road he will get there, but today he’s just a good QB.
LOL, 'yesterday' he was great !
Old 3 October 2023, 06:58 AM   #131
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54 View Post
week one was a long time ago, still think the Jets are better than the Bills ?

No, I never said they were. I think the Bills or Dolphins are more likely to win that division.

Old 3 October 2023, 08:14 AM   #132
Jets_fan44
"TRF" Member

Watch: And Learn
The Jets were robbed last night - the zebras are blind
Jets_fan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2023, 08:38 AM   #133
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets_fan44 View Post
The Jets were robbed last night - the zebras are blind
Yeah, so were the Eagles. It was a joke. The Eagles still won, but there were at least two questionable calls that could have gone either way, and one NO DOUBT ABOUT RIP-OFF. It looked like the refs wanted the Eagles to lose.
Old 3 October 2023, 09:25 AM   #134
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

idk, he's consistently a top 5 qb the last 2-3 years so i think he's elite for me. obviously we all have our criteria and there's nothing wrong with that

Mahomes is a clear step above everyone else in the top 5 though

the definition of a "good" qb to me is Kirk Cousins. a guy that will consistently get you 4000+ yards a season and to the playoffs sometimes (with a decent team), but will never make a team a contender and clearly not a game changer
Old 3 October 2023, 11:45 PM   #135
Maleg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
idk, he's consistently a top 5 qb the last 2-3 years so i think he's elite for me. obviously we all have our criteria and there's nothing wrong with that

Mahomes is a clear step above everyone else in the top 5 though

the definition of a "good" qb to me is Kirk Cousins. a guy that will consistently get you 4000+ yards a season and to the playoffs sometimes (with a decent team), but will never make a team a contender and clearly not a game changer
I guess if top 15% is elite, Josh can be elite. I’m thinking more like a one percenter, and 32 teams only gets you one of those.

Put another way, does Josh’s performance so far put him in a conversation with Payton Manning, Joe Montana, or Tom Brady? I think Mahomes belongs in that conversation, others not so much.

There is no shame in being a good QB in the NFL. There aren’t that many that can legitimately be called good in context of the competition. Josh is definitely good, but he has yet to rise to elite IMO.
Old 4 October 2023, 06:33 AM   #136
austinp
"TRF" Member

Most teams in the league would love to have him. The QB position is pretty pedestrian for most teams. I heard Steve Young say very few teams even know how to develop a QB. I think he’s right.

Old 4 October 2023, 12:46 PM   #137
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

He leads the league in touchdowns over the last 4 years. If he’s not elite nobody this side of Mahomes is either. I wouldn’t conflate first ballot hall of famer with simply elite.
Old 4 October 2023, 11:37 PM   #138
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Nfl 2023

Quote:
He leads the league in touchdowns over the last 4 years. If he’s not elite nobody this side of Mahomes is either. I wouldn’t conflate first ballot hall of famer with simply elite.

We’ll find out how good the Bills and Allen are later in the season. They play the Eagles, Chiefs, and Cowboys in 3 consecutive weeks. That’s a pretty tough gauntlet to go through. Then they visit San Diego on the west coast. Despite their coach, Herbert and the Chargers are a dangerous team. BTW, I think Herbert is the guy who’s closest to Mahomes.

Old 5 October 2023, 12:54 AM   #139
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
We’ll find out how good the Bills and Allen are later in the season. They play the Eagles, Chiefs, and Cowboys in 3 consecutive weeks. That’s a pretty tough gauntlet to go through. Then they visit San Diego on the west coast. Despite their coach, Herbert and the Chargers are a dangerous team. BTW, I think Herbert is the guy who’s closest to Mahomes.

the potential is there for Herbert but their coaching is horrible and limits him. i think the closest active qb to Mahomes is Lamar (in terms of greatness), even though he has a much different skill set. his mvp season was one of the greatest seasons a qb ever had and he's really a generational talent. hopefully now that he has some help he can get back there
Old 5 October 2023, 03:48 AM   #140
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
the potential is there for Herbert but their coaching is horrible and limits him. i think the closest active qb to Mahomes is Lamar (in terms of greatness), even though he has a much different skill set. his mvp season was one of the greatest seasons a qb ever had and he's really a generational talent. hopefully now that he has some help he can get back there

Yeah, I agree about coaching. They’re awful. Just awful.

But I’d trade Hurts for Herbert in a heartbeat, and this coming from a diehard Hurts/Eagle fan.

Old 6 October 2023, 07:52 AM   #141
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I wouldn’t even put Herbert in the top 5. He’s well behind Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson, Tua at a minimum.
Old 6 October 2023, 10:56 AM   #142
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Fields looking good again. idk why but i wanna see him succeed lol. maybe it's because i really wanted the giants to get him
Old 6 October 2023, 01:37 PM   #143
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Fields looking good again. idk why but i wanna see him succeed lol. maybe it's because i really wanted the giants to get him

Man you were right about the giants this year.
Old 7 October 2023, 12:19 AM   #144
Maleg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Fields does look better, but WAS’s defense made him look better than he was. Denver’s defense had the same effect.

I would love to see Fields succeed, but he hasn’t looked this good against competent defenses yet. I think a lot of that has to do with terrible coaching and a poor performing Bears defense. Neither of which will see much improvement this year, resulting in the pursuit of the next Bears QB in the draft.

I would like to see the Bears fire Eberflus and move on to the next waterboy, but the Bears will ride this disaster to the end of his contract.
Old 7 October 2023, 12:25 AM   #145
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Man you were right about the giants this year.
yeah really wish i wasn't but last season was a colossal F up by the front office

Quote:
Fields does look better, but WAS’s defense made him look better than he was. Denver’s defense had the same effect.

I would love to see Fields succeed, but he hasn’t looked this good against competent defenses yet. I think a lot of that has to do with terrible coaching and a poor performing Bears defense. Neither of which will see much improvement this year, resulting in the pursuit of the next Bears QB in the draft.

I would like to see the Bears fire Eberflus and move on to the next waterboy, but the Bears will ride this disaster to the end of his contract.
most likely yeah, no improvements on coaching or elsewhere this season and even if they land Caleb Williams it'll be the same thing. maybe it'd be best for Fields if he got sent somewhere else though
Old 7 October 2023, 12:29 AM   #146
Dynamite_Kid19
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I was 50/50 on Lions going for him. He had the flash stars with TD's last night but his completion % was still bad going 15-29.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Dynamite_Kid19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2023, 01:56 AM   #147
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Last night was one of the easiest bets I'd seen in a long time. Both teams went in allowing more than 30 points per game, yet the total was just 44.5. And on a short week, no less. Sometimes, it's like they're giving it away.
Old 9 October 2023, 04:03 AM   #148
austinp
"TRF" Member

Nice win for the Jags.

What happened to the Steelers? They look terrible.

Old 9 October 2023, 05:53 AM   #149
austinp
"TRF" Member

Lamar isn’t elite either. His receivers stink but that pick was awful in that situation. Terrible.

Old 9 October 2023, 07:24 AM   #150
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Bills choke, so what's new !