The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 June 2009, 08:52 PM   #121
Taffi Abernathy
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ, SS DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Just got back from 8 days in San Antonio. So, in fact I happen to have a swimsuit photo taken at the hotel pool, but you have to look at the background! That's as close to a camera as I want to get in my swimmin' suit. The munchkin is Violet, who turned 2 today.

Before having kids I used to use dumbbells for toning my arms, but nothing got results like 9 year of kid hauling, grocery lifting and laundry carrying.

Lisa,

You little cut-up! You look terrific (and you can't hide those toned arms). Violet is so cute, I could squeeze those cheeks off. Hope you had a good time on vacation. Faith
Old 23 June 2009, 12:13 AM   #122
KJacques
"TRF" Member

Watch: the skies
Lisa, wow! Okay, Violet is beautiful, esp. those eyes, and even the "Where's Waldo" conservative one-piece shot is great.

But your back, shoulders and arms in that shot are awesome. You have beautiful shape to your arms, esp. the defined tricep sweep where many women collect a lot of flesh. You have an outstanding natural athletic gift that you should take advantage of and think about seriously training. You shouldn't have any concern about wearing any bathing suit you like. Thanks for posting those.
KJacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2009, 01:38 AM   #123
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJacques View Post
Lisa, wow! Okay, Violet is beautiful, esp. those eyes, and even the "Where's Waldo" conservative one-piece shot is great.

But your back, shoulders and arms in that shot are awesome. You have beautiful shape to your arms, esp. the defined tricep sweep where many women collect a lot of flesh. You have an outstanding natural athletic gift that you should take advantage of and think about seriously training. You shouldn't have any concern about wearing any bathing suit you like. Thanks for posting those.
Thanks for the kind words, Kevin. Truthfully, after 3 kids and 4 1/2 decades, a one-piece is a must. My belly looks like a shar-pei. And the ol' rear end is a bit of a problem area. Still, I think that like a lot of women we are our own worst critics. I mean, hanging out at a hotel pool for a week has proven that lots of people have overcome embarrassment and donned a suit. If they aren't bothered, power to them!

Seeing your pics - at age 50 - is inspiring. I have to admit that getting older has been a little depressing at times, and it's easy to fall into the "who cares? It doesn't matter" way of thinking. But you've shown us all that age is nothing - muscles respond to training whether we're in our 20s or our 70s. You look fantastic and you're probably in better shape than most people half your (our) age.

Finding ways to get the exercise I need is tricky - I think for upper body I get plenty with the lifestyle I have, but toning the lower half has always taken a more dedicated approach. I think more bicycling (towing two kids in a trailer), stair climbing and walking (holding the 25 pound toddler) will make a difference - though my 9 year old may grumble about not getting to take the escalators. Maybe by summer's end I'll post a shot of my hiney. Or maybe not!
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2009, 01:43 AM   #124
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue YM today!
Quote:
Maybe by summer's end I'll post a shot of my hiney. Or maybe not!

I love you just the way you are. Sounds like a song title.
redshirt1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2009, 01:52 AM   #125
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirt1957 View Post
I love you just the way you are. Sounds like a song title.
Aw.....

Remember this comment? "When I haul a@@, I have to make two trips!"
Old 23 June 2009, 07:23 AM   #126
KJacques
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words, Kevin. Truthfully, after 3 kids and 4 1/2 decades, a one-piece is a must. My belly looks like a shar-pei. And the ol' rear end is a bit of a problem area. Still, I think that like a lot of women we are our own worst critics.
Lisa, a lot of people can train as hard as an olympic athlete and never develop beyond what they've been given genetically. You've got this beautiful muscle shape and definition that is a natural gift. It would be a sin not to get yourself in the best condition possible. I don't mean bulking up at all, but a lean, refined physique like a powerful cat. You focused on your weak points, but that's just your own inner critic hounding you. That belly and rear end would come together easily. You're just storing fat there and that's easy to take care of.

I'm just really impressed by that pic. I know that having 3 kids under 9 really absorbs your time and energy, but you shouldn't let this pass. I've trained and trained with mostly women, including one that took a runner up at a state physique competition and none of them have the type of muscle shape you show in that flexed shot. You could have a killer physique in no time at all.

And think about those wonderful endorphins! Yee haw!
Old 23 June 2009, 07:35 AM   #127
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Sigh.... This thread is my dark territory In 29 years I went from a sharp honed athlete's body to a sack of potatoes I haven't got the strength to battle this anymore. Power to those (Lisa ) who can I'm a spineless git
Old 23 June 2009, 07:46 AM   #128
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Aw.....

Remember this comment? "When I haul a@@, I have to make two trips!"
I have been known to double dip with my chip.
Old 23 June 2009, 07:47 AM   #129
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch View Post
Sigh.... This thread is my dark territory In 29 years I went from a sharp honed athlete's body to a sack of potatoes I haven't got the strength to battle this anymore. Power to those (Lisa ) who can I'm a spineless git

Keep that up and you will bring out the Irish love in me.
Old 23 June 2009, 08:45 AM   #130
KJacques
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Come on, Frans...you've been there and it doesn't take that much to get back. We got the best ally on our side called "muscle memory".
Old 23 June 2009, 09:02 AM   #131
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have been known to double dip with my chip.
Somehow I don't think "nips and tucks" have the same meaning in your vocabulary as they do mine...?
Old 23 June 2009, 09:03 AM   #132
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Whatever.... you're still a dreamboat!
Old 23 June 2009, 09:08 AM   #133
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lisa, a lot of people can train as hard as an olympic athlete and never develop beyond what they've been given genetically. You've got this beautiful muscle shape and definition that is a natural gift. It would be a sin not to get yourself in the best condition possible. I don't mean bulking up at all, but a lean, refined physique like a powerful cat. You focused on your weak points, but that's just your own inner critic hounding you. That belly and rear end would come together easily. You're just storing fat there and that's easy to take care of.

I'm just really impressed by that pic. I know that having 3 kids under 9 really absorbs your time and energy, but you shouldn't let this pass. I've trained and trained with mostly women, including one that took a runner up at a state physique competition and none of them have the type of muscle shape you show in that flexed shot. You could have a killer physique in no time at all.

And think about those wonderful endorphins! Yee haw!
Again, I really appreciate your comments, Kevin. My belly doesn't have extra fat as much as extra skin from all those pregnancies! But at least that's some motivation not to slouch...

Hmmmm..... as one of my fave comics Jim Gaffigan says, "it's just so hard to find the time to work out when.... I don't really want to."
Old 23 June 2009, 09:41 AM   #134
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Watch: 16610,PAM. 111, G
Quote:
Just got back from 8 days in San Antonio. So, in fact I happen to have a swimsuit photo taken at the hotel pool, but you have to look at the background! That's as close to a camera as I want to get in my swimmin' suit. The munchkin is Violet, who turned 2 today.

Before having kids I used to use dumbbells for toning my arms, but nothing got results like 9 year of kid hauling, grocery lifting and laundry carrying.

Nice Delts.

Here are some of my shots.

I'm still working hard and eating clean but I have a lot more to go before I would post a full body shot. Plus I'm afraid of all the photochopping.
Brunotheboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2009, 10:15 AM   #135
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
Nice Delts.

Here are some of my shots.

I'm still working hard and eating clean but I have a lot more to go before I would post a full body shot. Plus I'm afraid of all the photochopping.
Looking good, Bruno.

All that last photo lacks is a kid sitting on your foot and using your leg as a teeter-totter.

I'm telling ya, about all the working out you need can be done via those short little humans.
Old 23 June 2009, 10:27 AM   #136
KJacques
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hmmmm..... as one of my fave comics Jim Gaffigan says, "it's just so hard to find the time to work out when.... I don't really want to."
That sounds like my daily mantra. But I give into the siren call of fresh endorphins squirting through my brain. Just like some kind of crackhead.
Old 23 June 2009, 10:30 AM   #137
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Quote:
Looking good, Bruno.

All that last photo lacks is a kid sitting on your foot and using your leg as a teeter-totter.

I'm telling ya, about all the working out you need can be done via those short little humans.
Thanx.
You should see my wifes face when I ask her to help me take some pics so I can post them on the interweb. She does not like.

As far as kids go I think you were on vaca. when I made a thread stating I'm never having kids. Ive baby sat my nephews and while its a good cardio workout I never really get a good pump.
Old 23 June 2009, 10:48 AM   #138
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
Thanx.
You should see my wifes face when I ask her to help me take some pics so I can post them on the interweb. She does not like.

As far as kids go I think you were on vaca. when I made a thread stating I'm never having kids. Ive baby sat my nephews and while its a good cardio workout I never really get a good pump.
Oh, I do remember that thread. Those must be dog toys, then!
Old 23 June 2009, 10:53 AM   #139
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Quote:
Oh, I do remember that thread. Those must be dog toys, then!
Roflmao. Milk just went up my nose when I read your post. Yes those are all my dogs toys as my wife has to buy a new one just about every week because she thinks the dog needs them all. I really hate the squeaky ones.
Old 23 June 2009, 11:02 AM   #140
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
With my health issues I can not do stress bearing exercises like weights and machines. I'm restricted to walking, bicycling and swimming so what can I do for upper body exercises? For my legs and cardio I do a lot of bicycling and am up to two workouts a day!!!

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2009, 11:07 AM   #141
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
With my health issues I can not do stress bearing exercises like weights and machines. I'm restricted to walking, bicycling and swimming so what can I do for upper body exercises? For my legs and cardio I do a lot of bicycling and am up to two workouts a day!!!
What about those gadgets that you hold in your hands and you kind of do some resistance training in a swimming pool. I've seen them in bodybuilding mags. for when you are on vaca. and cant get to the gym.
Old 23 June 2009, 12:38 PM   #142
KJacques
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
If you're swimming, you're doing a great upper body workout. I wouldn't worry so much about weight lifting exercisees if you have health issues. Is it anything that you can discuss? There might be work arounds that you can benefit from for your upper body. Perhaps some isometrics. It worked wonders for Bruce Lee.

But basically, from the sound of your routine, if what you're doing gets or keeps you where you want to be, then you're gold.
Old 23 June 2009, 03:34 PM   #143
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvision View Post
148lbs body weight. Squatting 315lbs parallel 8reps.

Jeez! Maybe a NSFW would be in order...
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2009, 09:16 PM   #144
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Watch: it, Bubba!
um... yikes!?
.Member #5380
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2009, 11:44 PM   #145
KJacques
"TRF" Member

Now if some kind moderator would ban that picture since they've already taken care of the owner of that puke green underwear.

Unbelievable. It's a shame doing squats doesn't do much for one's intellectual capability. From the reading of your last posts, you're going to need a lot of good luck out there, pal.
Old 24 June 2009, 12:21 AM   #146
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now if some kind moderator would ban that picture since they've already taken care of the owner of that puke green underwear.

Unbelievable. It's a shame doing squats doesn't do much for one's intellectual capability. From the reading of your last posts, you're going to need a lot of good luck out there, pal.
Agreed. Please make that pic go away! I'll have nightmares about renegade tube socks....
Old 24 June 2009, 12:27 AM   #147
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

As ole' PeaShooter76 would say, "you will shoot your eye out".

Old 24 June 2009, 12:32 AM   #148
B Square
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
Jeez! Maybe a NSFW would be in order...
How bout a NSFM
B Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2009, 12:34 AM   #149
JimSnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ask me later.....
Quote:
As ole' PeaShooter76 would say, "you will shoot your eye out".

"Bumpuses' dogs" ...................... One of the best movies "ever"
Old 24 June 2009, 01:20 AM   #150
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Watch: it, Bubba!
Eww - it's still there. Why did I look???

When good underwear goes bad...
.Member #5380
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote