The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 February 2024, 05:49 AM   #121
Order 72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetione View Post
I believe the imperative word is "RESERVED", which is to hold and retain from shared ownership in the future. Exclusive means it's the only one like it. Reserved means it will remain that way. The subject of the sentence is green, not a combination of green and black.
Well, are Rolex using language and writing with such precision. Keep in mind, Rolex operates in English as a secondary language.

If your statement holds then the initial instagram quote means Rolex were not precise in their use of English, as the exclusive green was not in fact exclusive ie the only one like it, in 2022 when the bezel was described. So my interpretation is , the combination and not the colour green are what Rolex were describing.

It’s only now that the actual green itself is exclusive.
Order 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 06:05 AM   #122
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 72 View Post
Thank you.

Seems like the proof needed to conclude Rolex are simply talking about the green and black combination.
OTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 06:07 AM   #123
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, are Rolex using language and writing with such precision. Keep in mind, Rolex operates in English as a secondary language.

If your statement holds then the initial instagram quote means Rolex were not precise in their use of English, as the exclusive green was not in fact exclusive ie the only one like it, in 2022 when the bezel was described. So my interpretation is , the combination and not the colour green are what Rolex were describing.

It’s only now that the actual green itself is exclusive.
Well, I can't comment on whether or not enough care went into that exact line on their website. Who knows.

But I don't think the Instagram post conflicts at all with the current website language. In fact, if anything, it seems like it only makes the case stronger for the current language being reliable.... otherwise, why bother rephrasing it?

"Exclusive Cerachrome bezel in green and black ceramic"

No mention of being "reserved". Clearly distinguishes the subject as being the bezel (in G&B) and not just the color green. And of course, at the time, that was an exclusive bezel but NOT an exclusive or reserved shade of green (MK2 Starbucks came out a year later). Seems to me someone thought about it and revised the statement to match the new reality.

Based on my read i dont expect to see a new release (primarily, a right hand VTNR) with that green on the bezel before the current VTNR bites the dust.
yetione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 06:35 AM   #124
Order 72
Banned

Quote:
Well, I can't comment on whether or not enough care went into that exact line on their website. Who knows.

But I don't think the Instagram post conflicts at all with the current website language. In fact, if anything, it seems like it only makes the case stronger for the current language being reliable.... otherwise, why bother rephrasing it?

"Exclusive Cerachrome bezel in green and black ceramic"

No mention of being "reserved". Clearly distinguishes the subject as being the bezel (in G&B) and not just the color green. And of course, at the time, that was an exclusive bezel but NOT an exclusive or reserved shade of green (MK2 Starbucks came out a year later). Seems to me someone thought about it and revised the statement to match the new reality.

Based on my read i dont expect to see a new release (primarily, a right hand VTNR) with that green on the bezel before the current VTNR bites the dust.

Based on your read and interpretation of reserved then the 126720 will forever be the only green/black, as your stated definition of reserved means into the future. So even if the 126720 stops, its current green/black combination will never become available for other references.

My read, Rolex is not using exclusive and reserved as two separate meanings.

Let’s say one reserved a table at a restaurant. Does that indicate the table is on permanent reserve? No, it 99.9% of the time means for that day/evening and even time period. It means it is reserved for your exclusive use for a limited time period. Also note, exclusive in this usage does not imply “only one like it” but rather for that particular table, as there could be many tables at once designated as reserved for exclusive use for a limited time period on any given day.
Old 17 February 2024, 07:31 AM   #125
WatchSmith
2024 Pledge Member

My friend who is president of the pepsi division @ RLX told me Ford is going to stop making pickup trucks.
WatchSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 07:47 AM   #126
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Why would Rolex discontinue watches that are near impossible to get>
BillA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 07:51 AM   #127
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Why would Rolex discontinue watches that are near impossible to get>
and who would notice?
Rolexatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 08:03 AM   #128
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Based on your read and interpretation of reserved then the 126720 will forever be the only green/black, as your stated definition of reserved means into the future. So even if the 126720 stops, its current green/black combination will never become available for other references.

My read, Rolex is not using exclusive and reserved as two separate meanings.

Let’s say one reserved a table at a restaurant. Does that indicate the table is on permanent reserve? No, it 99.9% of the time means for that day/evening and even time period. It means it is reserved for your exclusive use for a limited time period. Also note, exclusive in this usage does not imply “only one like it” but rather for that particular table, as there could be many tables at once designated as reserved for exclusive use for a limited time period on any given day.

"Based on my read i dont expect to see a new release (primarily, a right hand VTNR) with that green on the bezel before the current VTNR bites the dust."

We can agree on that much, with the limited period time being however long it takes for the VTNR to bite the dust. I'll stick to the traditional meaning of exclusive though.
Old 17 February 2024, 08:15 AM   #129
majidessa
"TRF" Member

Rolex will release multiple new gmt variants so Pepsi won't be the only gmt axed this year!
majidessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 09:15 AM   #130
Order 72
Banned

Quote:
"Based on my read i dont expect to see a new release (primarily, a right hand VTNR) with that green on the bezel before the current VTNR bites the dust."

We can agree on that much, with the limited period time being however long it takes for the VTNR to bite the dust. I'll stick to the traditional meaning of exclusive though.
But you said previous to that “ Reserved means it will remain that way” therefore you closed the door to it being used in the future elsewhere. That is what I replied to as you appeared to contradict what you said after and above. If you meant something else that’s fine.

All that I conclude from everything Rolex has said around the 126720 bezel is that,

It is green and black and it’s the only model that uses it.
Old 17 February 2024, 09:46 AM   #131
russ86
"TRF" Member

Well, I expected Sprite to go, but not the Pepsi
russ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 10:16 PM   #132
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Cooper View Post
There's been a Pepsi bezel in the catalog since the GMT-Master was introduced in 1954. I doubt it will be discontinued.
No there was actually no pepsi bezel from the time they discontinued the 16710 around 2007, and until the 116719blnr in whitegold was introduced in 2014.

I don´t think they will ever leave it out of the collection again though. But they might only make it in WG, to keep the PM sales going.
Swiftneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 10:29 PM   #133
Straphanger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126500LN
From CH direct .
Called my AD yesterday about trying to get a glide lock set on a rubber B strap for a GMT unfortunately that is not the same width !!!
Went there this morning.
On the rumours around the Pepsi he thinks that it is just rumours ,but on the Sprite he knows that they have issues with the movement which was specifically made for that watch and that they are likely to discontinue.
We shall see.
Straphanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 10:34 PM   #134
ndirish2001
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straphanger View Post
From CH direct .
Called my AD yesterday about trying to get a glide lock set on a rubber B strap for a GMT unfortunately that is not the same width !!!
Went there this morning.
On the rumours around the Pepsi he thinks that it is just rumours ,but on the Sprite he knows that they have issues with the movement which was specifically made for that watch and that they are likely to discontinue.
We shall see.

That’s bizarre, because the movement on the Sprite is the same as all the other GMT-Master II models. The only difference is the orientation of the printing on the date wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ndirish2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 11:05 PM   #135
heonrlx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico81 View Post
Pepsi will not be discontinued
Sprite… i could see that

How are you so sure?

heonrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2024, 06:31 AM   #136
yetione
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straphanger View Post
From CH direct .
Went there this morning.
We shall see.
First time hearing that one lol