The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 August 2012, 11:39 PM   #1501
Mac-Apple
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Diver
Quote:
Originally Posted by witch watch View Post
Me neither to be honest. Perhaps we should start a specific thread for it? Anway to continue for now.

Yep! I totally standby my views on Reasonable Doubt being overrated as in my opinion Jay never got anywhere near his current status until he made The Blueprint which is far and away the best album he has made. I think this 'classic' status bestowed upon it has came from calls by Jay himself and everyone else has thus decided "yeah he's right". I'll be honest and say i never bought a Jay album till The Blueprint as although liked the odd song he made album wise he never did it for me...i should add i bought The Blueprint on the day of it's release after thinking that i would give him a chance to prove himself that he could produce a classic and boy was i not disapointed!

One last thought on it for now. Can you honestly tell me that RD comes anywhere near the others you have listed in your top half?

Of your second listing i agree on the whole only changing Roots to Things Fall Apart, not that i do not rate Do You... i just love Things.. that bit more, All Eyez On Me i never tire of listening to BUT it lacks the sheer honesty and grit of Me Against The World,Grip It is a fine choice and v big congrats for including a GB effort as for me Scarface is without a shadow of a doubt one of the best there was and the true King Of The South but just that iconic cover alone elevates We Can't Be Stopped above it.

One of the reasons I believe Reasonable doubt is a amazing album is its sheer rawness ,and attention to detail. I believe the first album of every rapper is ((generally)) there finest piece of work for it ,and usually cannot be duplicated. Illmatic,Only built 4,Tical,liquid Swordz,The Infamous etc etc, these are all works by hungry Mc's who put there blood sweat and tears into making them what they are today.

I love the fact that Reasonable Doubt was slept on by so many , as I had the cd the day it came out ,and have bought every Jay album since then . Once the Hard Knock life album came out it was finito for the hungry Jay Z, not that Jay has fallen off or anything , just some of his new beats leave me scratching my head ,and cannot listen to them for the beat just loses me.

Scarface is w/o a doubt one of my favorites as well ,and forgot to list him as he would be right there with the honorable mentions, Nwa Straight Outta Compton is one of my favs , but honestly today if Nwa got back together Eazy E came back Big Daddy Kane, Special Ed , these cds/albums wouldnt sell at all, the Kids today wouldn't know what they heck they were listening too. They would call it humpty dumpty music ,and would never give it a chance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040114.JPG (94.4 KB, 1077 views)
Old 5 August 2012, 11:44 PM   #1502
Mac-Apple
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FremStar View Post
After reading all the responses I must admit that though we all come from different walks of life and from different backgrounds we all have the same common denominator and that is music! The words are powerful and hip-hop which hasn't been around very long is a very moving genre... That was my Russel Simmons speech this morning before Church Carry on gentlemen! Crazy collection Hal and Mike, witch knows what he's talking about... Jay did self proclaim RD... His own words... "Reasonable Doubt, classic! Should have went triple" Hard Knock Life is what commercialized him... Smart move by Dame Dash and Kareem Burke...

Sam , Jay is definitely the Smartest Mc in the game!!!! This guy only touches thing that make money , he is in essence an ALCHEMIST.
Old 5 August 2012, 11:55 PM   #1503
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Wall Street
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Apple View Post
One of the reasons I believe Reasonable doubt is a amazing album is its sheer rawness ,and attention to detail. I believe the first album of every rapper is ((generally)) there finest piece of work for it ,and usually cannot be duplicated. Illmatic,Only built 4,Tical,liquid Swordz,The Infamous etc etc, these are all works by hungry Mc's who put there blood sweat and tears into making them what they are today.

I love the fact that Reasonable Doubt was slept on by so many , as I had the cd the day it came out ,and have bought every Jay album since then . Once the Hard Knock life album came out it was finito for the hungry Jay Z, not that Jay has fallen off or anything , just some of his new beats leave me scratching my head ,and cannot listen to them for the beat just loses me.

Scarface is w/o a doubt one of my favorites as well ,and forgot to list him as he would be right there with the honorable mentions, Nwa Straight Outta Compton is one of my favs , but honestly today if Nwa got back together Eazy E came back Big Daddy Kane, Special Ed , these cds/albums wouldnt sell at all, the Kids today wouldn't know what they heck they were listening too. They would call it humpty dumpty music ,and would never give it a chance.
All I can do here is smile! They should have had forums when I was growing up, that would have eliminated all the fights I saw from disagreements I could tell you stories for days!

Quote:
Sam , Jay is definitely the Smartest Mc in the game!!!! This guy only touches thing that make money , he is in essence an ALCHEMIST.
I totally agree Mike!

"A Watch Is An Emotional Object, And So, It Is The Responsibility Of The Brand To Create Emotion Through It's Products" - Georges Kern

"In the 1950s and 60s, they made the Ref 8171, which is a cult collectible—now that’s the ultimate Rolex you could own with a calendar and a moon phase.” - John Reardon

"Heh, heh, heh..." - Michael Kilyung
FremStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2012, 12:19 AM   #1504
Mac-Apple
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=FremStar;3485687]All I can do here is smile! They should have had forums when I was growing up, that would have eliminated all the fights I saw from disagreements I could tell you stories for days!

Sam, I have the same stories!!!!! I can count numerous discussions on rap music. We used to just have name a MC contest we would go on for hours until we named everyone .

I went to school with a kid named Pete Nelson , and we used to argue back and forth on who was the best MC ,and why they were the best. Pete Nelson is now known as Copywrite a hip hop MC from Columbus. This guy is a fantastic MC , if you ever get a chance burn a few of his songs. He will not disappoint you,

These are the guys who brought me into Hip Hop, Eric B Rakim , and you will notice these are first prints, not a re issue :D I will never get rid of these classics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040117.JPG (99.4 KB, 1065 views)
File Type: jpg P1040118.JPG (100.7 KB, 1068 views)
Old 6 August 2012, 12:44 AM   #1505
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sam, I have the same stories!!!!! I can count numerous discussions on rap music. We used to just have name a MC contest we would go on for hours until we named everyone .

I went to school with a kid named Pete Nelson , and we used to argue back and forth on who was the best MC ,and why they were the best. Pete Nelson is now known as Copywrite a hip hop MC from Columbus. This guy is a fantastic MC , if you ever get a chance burn a few of his songs. He will not disappoint you,

These are the guys who brought me into Hip Hop, Eric B Rakim , and you will notice these are first prints, not a re issue :D I will never get rid of these classics.
Awesome stuff Mike! That paid in full album is legendary! I know Levar is going to be upset with me for this one, however, the stories I'm talking about are real artist going to blows! The so called "beef" that you heard about between Wu-Tang, Nas, Jay, Biggie/Pac is real... See I went to high-school with a bunch of nimrods (including myself) who had no hope, someone was looking out for us... I have multiple friends in the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL, (Mega), entertainment biz, power Finance, lawyers, etc. that no matter where life takes us we always come back to talk about music... I know I digress, however, the reason I bring Lavar up is because he has produced some of the hottest songs you, the world and I listen to today... Being in the studio realizing the work these artist put in is simply crazy and it shows in their music! I will check out your boy Pete Nelson...

"A Watch Is An Emotional Object, And So, It Is The Responsibility Of The Brand To Create Emotion Through It's Products" - Georges Kern

"In the 1950s and 60s, they made the Ref 8171, which is a cult collectible—now that’s the ultimate Rolex you could own with a calendar and a moon phase.” - John Reardon

Old 6 August 2012, 03:34 AM   #1506
witch watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
Quote:

You are spot on about the hunger aspect as normally when that goes the momentum goes and thus the slide begins and when your talking about Hip-Hop artists were one of the main points is the success of their music to get them out of the hardships they faced or face everyday, the sudden wealth can dull them. But a TRUE artist like Jay GROWS as an artist with each passing album and that's why i really believe The Blueprint was Jay fully in his stride.
witch watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2012, 05:54 AM   #1507
Mac-Apple
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Awesome stuff Mike! That paid in full album is legendary! I know Levar is going to be upset with me for this one, however, the stories I'm talking about are real artist going to blows! The so called "beef" that you heard about between Wu-Tang, Nas, Jay, Biggie/Pac is real... See I went to high-school with a bunch of nimrods (including myself) who had no hope, someone was looking out for us... I have multiple friends in the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL, (Mega), entertainment biz, power Finance, lawyers, etc. that no matter where life takes us we always come back to talk about music... I know I digress, however, the reason I bring Lavar up is because he has produced some of the hottest songs you, the world and I listen to today... Being in the studio realizing the work these artist put in is simply crazy and it shows in their music! I will check out your boy Pete Nelson...

Nyc is the birth place of hip hop , and home to the Yanks , so you guys are top notch in my book in everything!!!! Hip Hop being #1 and Fashion 2nd. I didn't go to any school with any celebrities just the plain old run of the mill urban High School. The funny thing is I talk to a lot of Nyc'ers on a day to day basis ,and most of them think Ohio is full of cows, little do they know its not far away at all. 8 1/2 drive ,and I am in Nyc. Ohio does have some members of the Wu Tang they came from Steubenville , Ohio///// Check out Swaggot Killaz by Copywrite, the beat is sick!!!

I also need to correct my list, its now top 6 , I left out Outkast- Southenrplayalistic :D
Old 6 August 2012, 06:02 AM   #1508
Mac-Apple
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch watch View Post
You are spot on about the hunger aspect as normally when that goes the momentum goes and thus the slide begins and when your talking about Hip-Hop artists were one of the main points is the success of their music to get them out of the hardships they faced or face everyday, the sudden wealth can dull them. But a TRUE artist like Jay GROWS as an artist with each passing album and that's why i really believe The Blueprint was Jay fully in his stride.
We can both Agree Jay is the man ,and lyrical content is legendary :D I still think REASONABLE DOUBT ,and let me throw in IN MY LIFETIME ,are true hip hop classics. I will leave you with one of my favorite Jay quotes " I IMPREGNATE THE WORLD WHEN I (((blank))) THROUGH YOUR SPEAKER.
Old 6 August 2012, 07:34 AM   #1509
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nyc is the birth place of hip hop , and home to the Yanks , so you guys are top notch in my book in everything!!!! Hip Hop being #1 and Fashion 2nd. I didn't go to any school with any celebrities just the plain old run of the mill urban High School. The funny thing is I talk to a lot of Nyc'ers on a day to day basis ,and most of them think Ohio is full of cows, little do they know its not far away at all. 8 1/2 drive ,and I am in Nyc. Ohio does have some members of the Wu Tang they came from Steubenville , Ohio///// Check out Swaggot Killaz by Copywrite, the beat is sick!!!

I also need to correct my list, its now top 6 , I left out Outkast- Southenrplayalistic :D
Mike, I hear you! I've never been to Ohio, however, I am sure things are good there! To clarify we all went to school together and we were all forced to do something different with our lives! None of us were known then in HS and college! Heck we couldn't even afford basic meals but when we got that chance it was game over! Seeing our peers that went to Regis HS, Yale, Harvard, Princeton, etc. had it's bearing on us... Those kids were expected to rule the world, we were expected to eat their scraps... Not sure why I'm going off tangents but hearing someone say you will not amount to anything had us all hungry for a piece of the pie! I'm done with my rant Chat soon bud!

Old 6 August 2012, 12:04 PM   #1510
Mac-Apple
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mike, I hear you! I've never been to Ohio, however, I am sure things are good there! To clarify we all went to school together and we were all forced to do something different with our lives! None of us were known then in HS and college! Heck we couldn't even afford basic meals but when we got that chance it was game over! Seeing our peers that went to Regis HS, Yale, Harvard, Princeton, etc. had it's bearing on us... Those kids were expected to rule the world, we were expected to eat their scraps... Not sure why I'm going off tangents but hearing someone say you will not amount to anything had us all hungry for a piece of the pie! I'm done with my rant Chat soon bud!

Sam , You may be my twin !!!! I was told I wouldn't amount to a hill of beans, a Teacher even told me I would get shot in the back ,and wouldn't make it to 21 years old. I wasn't a great student by any means, but to tell a kid that really stuck withe me, 33 years old now , and I think I am doing just fine... If I had to do it over again I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 6 August 2012, 09:54 PM   #1511
FremStar
"TRF" Member

This mornings coffee flavor! Be well everyone!

Old 7 August 2012, 12:12 AM   #1512
Hammer
"TRF" Member

Love Coldplay, going to see them at the closing ceremony for the Paralympics, and A Tribe Called Quest, too. Find a way is my fave on that album.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2012, 01:42 AM   #1513
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Love Coldplay, going to see them at the closing ceremony for the Paralympics, and A Tribe Called Quest, too. Find a way is my fave on that album.
;-) Have fun at the Paralympics, hopefully you will be able to snap some pics and share with us!

Old 7 August 2012, 02:28 AM   #1514
Hammer
"TRF" Member

Yes, our seats could be up in the Gods, but I'll try and snap a few.
Old 7 August 2012, 02:34 AM   #1515
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Yes, our seats could be up in the Gods, but I'll try and snap a few.
Looking forward to seeing the pics Simon! have fun!

Old 7 August 2012, 03:00 AM   #1516
Hammer
"TRF" Member

Cheers, Sam.
Old 8 August 2012, 09:39 PM   #1517
FremStar
"TRF" Member

A few more tunes for the Hip-Hop crowd!. Be well all!

Old 9 August 2012, 09:04 AM   #1518
Lanfor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner-16610LV
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344466669.722905.jpg
I thought I post this one due to it being the albums 1st anniversary today !

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344466891.867026.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344466952.750579.jpg

Some gold goodness

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344467006.861259.jpg
Old 9 August 2012, 10:05 AM   #1519
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Very nice Matt!

Old 9 August 2012, 10:20 AM   #1520
Peppers90
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Here are some more of my older favorites, I jump rope for workout sometimes and these are great songs for that style of workout......

Peppers90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2012, 10:30 AM   #1521
Al1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Watch
Some great music choices folks!

In the spirit of the Olympics and my love of all things Tennis, I couldn't resist getting these cufflinks today when I saw them

Al1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2012, 10:33 AM   #1522
Peppers90
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1988 View Post
Some great music choices folks!

In the spirit of the Olympics and my love of all things Tennis, I couldn't resist getting these cufflinks today when I saw them

Very cool, Dara! That is a great set of links
Peppers90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2012, 01:06 PM   #1523
Warnsboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
My daily beater goes well with my 1890's gypsy ring!!

IS THIS SWAG??????
Warnsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2012, 10:12 PM   #1524
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Nas, Jay-Z, Kanye! Can't go wrong there Shannon!

Love those links Dara! Very fresh!

Michael that ring and Exp pic is mesmerizing! Crazy!

Almost Friday! Let's go get it! Make your dreams a reality today and everyday!

Old 10 August 2012, 01:40 PM   #1525
MortgageGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Sam where have you been... This thread was at the bottom of page 2... Needed a bump
Old 10 August 2012, 04:09 PM   #1526
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Quote:

Nice!
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2012, 04:23 PM   #1527
Silvio Mosiello
"TRF" Member

Watch: the shoes.
Quote:

Sam you seriously have some great taste in music. You have such a wide variety of music it seems and Royksopp?! I remember I first listened to them on a Geico commercial and just had to find the song "Everywhere I go, there's always something to remind me....." Classic!
Silvio Mosiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2012, 12:23 AM   #1528
speedo
"TRF" Member

Watch: dj 16234, 116610ln
tomorrow i am going to see snoop dogg so i am in the mood for some old school hiphop and i just found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0a4JxG28A

good ol' times.....

instagram: modus_horologicus
speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2012, 11:06 PM   #1529
vinitg
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust
hey all,

some of my swag not as kool as you guys but an humble effort

vinit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1780.jpg (56.0 KB, 652 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1782.jpg (51.6 KB, 653 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1785.jpg (55.3 KB, 652 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1786.jpg (50.6 KB, 647 views)
Old 13 August 2012, 11:15 PM   #1530
witch watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfor View Post
Attachment 303788
I thought I post this one due to it being the albums 1st anniversary today !

Attachment 303790
Is that album really a year old already. Damn man time moves fast
witch watch is offline   Reply With Quote