The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 6 July 2021, 11:23 AM   #1561
desmomini
"TRF" Member

I can't wait to hear that they're rebranding as Gentlemen Timepiece Gentleman.
desmomini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 11:37 AM   #1562
ganiccus
Banned

Watch: Exp II
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopeluche View Post
My vote is for CPG (Crimepiece Gentleman) :)
Almost as bad as their other grey dealer friends who hanged around in one of their videos, the fatso twins called the Wolves of Watch Street. I mean really? You are supposed to inspire confidence and trustworthiness to your client base, not make it look like you are gonna rip them off Jordan Belfort style.
ganiccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 12:31 PM   #1563
spikep
"TRF" Member

Wow between reading this thread and reading the thread above this about a well known grey dealer (Bobs) selling supposed complete watches with a link removed (“fits up to 7.5 inch wrists”) only to re sell the removed link. I’m glad I’ve only, with one exception for BRLO, purchased from an AD (even on a couple used pieces). I for one will keep dealing only with an AD.
16610 LN, 16610 LV, 126610 LV, 126622 Rhodium, 126710 BLRO jubilee, 126710 BLRO oyster, 126719 Meteorite, 116710 BLNR, 126711 CHNR, 126715 CHNR, 326934 BLACK, 326934 GREEN, 216570 BLACK, 116500LN WHITE, 116500LN BLACK, 126710 VTNR jubilee
spikep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 12:51 PM   #1564
bwakus23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikep View Post
Wow between reading this thread and reading the thread above this about a well known grey dealer (Bobs) selling supposed complete watches with a link removed (“fits up to 7.5 inch wrists”) only to re sell the removed link. I’m glad I’ve only, with one exception for BRLO, purchased from an AD (even on a couple used pieces). I for one will keep dealing only with an AD.

No kidding. I did one transaction via Chrono24 that turned out fabulous, and aside from that specific seller, I might be AD-only from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwakus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 01:09 PM   #1565
sparksgmt
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
If the big announcement is a media deal, I cant see it going well. A recipe for disaster 1) anger most of your business colleagues and customers 2) announce a personal victory causing rampant jealousy. It could be a show about a dealer who no longer has access to inventory for filming.
sparksgmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 01:16 PM   #1566
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
50 1 star reviews since this fiasco started. Not good.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 02:28 PM   #1567
trout_thumper21
"TRF" Member

This YouTube series opened my eyes to the sheer disarray of this business (tracking inventory on spreadsheets, etc.), a bunch of college-age kids parading inventory around to lunch, reckless spending, and many signs of cash flow issues (“hold that payment until this wire comes in”)…seeing guys in basketball shorts and hoodies come in to buy/sell/flip watches really cheapened the whole experience and I would go as far as to say has dmaged the allure of the Rolex brand. All of that is more than enough to ensure I’ll never be buying from or selling to these guys.
trout_thumper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 02:36 PM   #1568
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:
Originally Posted by trout_thumper21 View Post
… and I would go as far as to say has dmaged the allure of the Rolex brand…

Huh? So Rolex hired/invested in these guys? What am I missing here???
Old 6 July 2021, 02:40 PM   #1569
trout_thumper21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwatchguy View Post
Huh? So Rolex hired/invested in these guys? What am I missing here???
I’m saying Rolex always had this prestige in my opinion, something you work a long time to one day purchase. Seeing people come in to “flip” watches dressed like they played video games all night and then rolled out of bed really has damaged that prestige, at least to me. The Timepiece Gentlemen youtube really put that on blast for the world to see
trout_thumper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 03:31 PM   #1570
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I’m saying Rolex always had this prestige in my opinion, something you work a long time to one day purchase. Seeing people come in to “flip” watches dressed like they played video games all night and then rolled out of bed really has damaged that prestige, at least to me. The Timepiece Gentlemen youtube really put that on blast for the world to see
I had a feeling these "behind the scenes" videos would have that effect, even before the recent TPG shenanigans.

I posted a video of a dealer trader show a few months back and put a WARNING disclaimer that the watches will be handled and traded among individuals who are dressed like adolescents about to go skateboarding and that the watches will NOT be in glorious showcases and displayed in private rooms with perfectly chilled diet cokes.

If that environment is what is more comfortable, then BETHTEE is the one to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJp9B7Wta4Y&t=6s

But the reality of the watch aftermarket is not any of that pomp and circumstance. The watches are commodities and are traded as quickly as possible. I can see how the contrast from the world that the AD portrays vs the market can be alarming..

I will say that I think less people were as concerned about the grey dealers looking the part back when they could get a Sub with stickers for 20% off retail...but now their is a big premium, the expectations are...different.

There are plenty of awesome grey dealers out there, so don't let the shenanigans of TPG and the BS of Bob's watches deter anyone from using that channel to acquire a watch...that is if you can do without the complementary Diet Coke...
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 03:43 PM   #1571
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This YouTube series opened my eyes to the sheer disarray of this business (tracking inventory on spreadsheets, etc.), a bunch of college-age kids parading inventory around to lunch, reckless spending, and many signs of cash flow issues (“hold that payment until this wire comes in”)…seeing guys in basketball shorts and hoodies come in to buy/sell/flip watches really cheapened the whole experience and I would go as far as to say has dmaged the allure of the Rolex brand. All of that is more than enough to ensure I’ll never be buying from or selling to these guys.
I know companies doing $50M+ tracking inventory on spreadsheets. Surprisingly effective if you know your VLOOKUP ;)
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 04:03 PM   #1572
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
But the reality of the watch aftermarket is not any of that pomp and circumstance. The watches are commodities and are traded as quickly as possible. I can see how the contrast from the world that the AD portrays vs the market can be alarming..
well said.

All that these clowns have done is bring more audiences insight into how greys operate. All watches are commodities for them, they don’t discriminate between brands.

This is like losing your appetite seeing how that beautiful wagyu landed on your plate.
Old 6 July 2021, 04:19 PM   #1573
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
I had a feeling these "behind the scenes" videos would have that effect, even before the recent TPG shenanigans.

I posted a video of a dealer trader show a few months back and put a WARNING disclaimer that the watches will be handled and traded among individuals who are dressed like adolescents about to go skateboarding and that the watches will NOT be in glorious showcases and displayed in private rooms with perfectly chilled diet cokes.

If that environment is what is more comfortable, then BETHTEE is the one to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJp9B7Wta4Y&t=6s

I will say that I think less people were as concerned about the grey dealers looking the part back when they could get a Sub with stickers for 20% off retail...but now their is a big premium, the expectations are...different.

There are plenty of awesome grey dealers out there, so don't let the shenanigans of TPG and the BS of Bob's watches deter anyone from using that channel to acquire a watch...that is if you can do without the complementary Diet Coke...
I feel the same way. While some ADs are better than others I don’t feel exactly like I’m shopping in the PP Salon really anywhere in the States. It’s all very pedestrian…
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 04:30 PM   #1574
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
I know companies doing $50M+ tracking inventory on spreadsheets. Surprisingly effective if you know your VLOOKUP ;)
Selling one piece of artwork for 50M can most def be tracked on a spreadsheet. Even I could manage that complexity. Ha.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 05:10 PM   #1575
NickD1975
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
True. Excel works better than most people think if you know how to use it. However, it usually comes with key man dependency, if the person who wrote the spreadsheet leaves then you can be a little bit screwed.
NickD1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 07:24 PM   #1576
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Out of popcorn got nuts…….waiting.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 07:30 PM   #1577
desmomini
"TRF" Member

For everyone speculating about a deal with Netflix, etc, do note that the majority of television is a relatively low margin arena. High production budgets get eaten up quickly by the army of personnel on payroll. While the outliers get the attention (REAL HOUSEWIVES, etc) the vast majority of reality TV "stars" get little to nothing personally in compensation, and benefit from the notoriety in pushing their personal brands.
Old 6 July 2021, 07:32 PM   #1578
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
12 hours until that big reveal, or there's actually no reveal at all.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 07:38 PM   #1579
desmomini
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
12 hours until that big reveal, or there's actually no reveal at all.
Or a reveal that there will be a reveal next week. "Just give me a few more days. I'm not stupid and I'm not a crook."
Old 6 July 2021, 09:03 PM   #1580
EconTigerOrange
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 MKI
I didn’t see Netflix picking up a series on a watch dealer, but maybe this is what TPG is angling for…

EconTigerOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 11:52 PM   #1581
bob99
"TRF" Member

Today's the day! The Timepiece (Crimepiece) Gentlemen are going to present everyone their SUPER BIG MEGA DELUXE LOL MILLENNIAL GOTCHA REVEAL!

Our minds are all going to be blown! After watching this vid, we'll all order 10 Daytonas each (with full stickers!) They will be rolling in the dough!

I've got my wire transfers ready!
bob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 11:55 PM   #1582
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
I unsubbed their channel. I will check back here with beverage in hand to partake in the roasting though.
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 12:03 AM   #1583
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
50 1 star reviews since this fiasco started. Not good.

Tanking their own business

Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 12:10 AM   #1584
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 12:26 AM   #1585
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
Today's the day! The Timepiece (Crimepiece) Gentlemen are going to present everyone their SUPER BIG MEGA DELUXE LOL MILLENNIAL GOTCHA REVEAL!
OMG OMG OMG this is soooo exciting!!!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 01:10 AM   #1586
eddiemonster
"TRF" Member

Watch: @tm3machine
Perhaps some deep thoughts or not so deep, but I feel that TPG is just exactly a product of two things- his surroundings and accomplishments (or lack of).

I've only watched a couple episodes before losing interest, but from what I gather, he is from "the Land of keeping up with the (Jerry) Jones' " i.e. DFW, Texas. Nothing against Texans, I was married to a smart, gorgeous firecracker from Plano and even she always used the phrase $30K millionaires. While DFW does indeed have a disproportionately high number of millionaires per capita with many corporate HQ's based there (cheap real estate/ cost of living) there are so many living beyond their means with the illusion of wealth being on plastic (credit) or beauty made of plastic (silicone), HAHA! It's no wonder that Nieman Marcus was founded there and it thrives!

Secondly, his narcissistic behavior is exactly what I would expect from someone whose highest level of education is high school, highest level of formal work is bartending in nightclubs and has spent time in prison for behaving badly (all of this he divulged in two episodes, LOL!) Nothing wrong with the first two (I am in the hospitality industry) and some have even overcome the latter to find success. Unfortunately, for others the set of circumstances is too much to handle and they lash out akin to 'roid rage! He is that stereotype of insecurity, with a chip on his shoulder of his inadequacies; that he tries to compensate with superficial and material "one upmanship".

As for his gym attire, I feel it's an attempt of deliberate artificial juxtaposition of his pseudo lavish lifestyle with an offset affect i.e. "look at me, I wear a watch worth more than your car, but I'm really a humble, down-to-earth guy that shops at Old Navy" LOL! The astute people can see thru this act...
eddiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 01:43 AM   #1587
goodolejr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemonster View Post
Perhaps some deep thoughts or not so deep, but I feel that TPG is just exactly a product of two things- his surroundings and accomplishments (or lack of).

I've only watched a couple episodes before losing interest, but from what I gather, he is from "the Land of keeping up with the (Jerry) Jones' " i.e. DFW, Texas. Nothing against Texans, I was married to one and even she always used the phrase $30K millionaires. While DFW does indeed have a disproportionately high number of millionaires per capita with many corporate HQ's based there (cheap real estate/ cost of living) there are so many living beyond their means with the illusion of wealth being on plastic (credit) or beauty made of plastic (silicone), HAHA!

Secondly, his narcissistic behavior is exactly what I would expect from someone whose highest level of education is high school, highest level of formal work is bartending in nightclubs and has spent time in prison from behaving badly (all of this he divulged in two episodes, LOL!) He is that stereotype of insecurity from a chip on his shoulder of his inadequacies; that he tries to compensate with superficial and material "one upmanship".
One of the most the succinct, salient posts in this 1500+ thread. Well said.
goodolejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 02:16 AM   #1588
edslee327
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I've only watched a couple episodes before losing interest, but from what I gather, he is from "the Land of keeping up with the (Jerry) Jones' " i.e. DFW, Texas. Nothing against Texans, I was married to one and even she always used the phrase $30K millionaires. While DFW does indeed have a disproportionately high number of millionaires per capita with many corporate HQ's based there (cheap real estate/ cost of living) there are so many living beyond their means with the illusion of wealth being on plastic (credit) or beauty made of plastic (silicone), HAHA!

Secondly, his narcissistic behavior is exactly what I would expect from someone whose highest level of education is high school, highest level of formal work is bartending in nightclubs and has spent time in prison from behaving badly (all of this he divulged in two episodes, LOL!) He is that stereotype of insecurity from a chip on his shoulder of his inadequacies; that he tries to compensate with superficial and material "one upmanship".
not in defense of the guy or anyone else, nor to get too off topic, but how much is too much? what or who defines how much to spend on particular materials or experiences? i've always asked myself, what's a good cap in % of total net worth to allocate towards something like watches to remain somewhat financially responsible, while still having the room to explore your passions?...
edslee327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 02:18 AM   #1589
Nick9
"TRF" Member

In spite of Anthony’s babbling now and then about a media deal, Netflix series and whatever else, I haven’t seen anything that would suggest a sustainable production.

Many posters have commented about how boring and repetitive his videos have become. Same watches, same hype, same “negotiations”. No plot; no conflict. Only one moderately interesting personality.

Hard to imagine that any legitimate media executive or production company would bet on it. On the other hand, plenty of idiots in show biz.
Nick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 02:22 AM   #1590
Shazbot302
"TRF" Member

Quote:

So true it hurts.
Shazbot302 is offline   Reply With Quote