The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,017 70.09%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 61 4.20%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 373 25.71%
Voters: 1451. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 June 2021, 08:27 AM   #1621
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
It already id biting Rolex as it has been reported that an extra ordinary amount of time is being spent on warranty repairs associated with the issue in question.
I imagine it will slightly damage the reputation of Rolex but they will push past that in the grand scheme on things and it will be little more than an unverified blip or smudge of their reputation.
After all with the way things are in the market, i could've sworn even my dog mentioned something about getting himself a ROWLEX with a 70 hour power reserve whilst he was yawning the other morning after waking up from a deep sleep. And to make matters worse my Wife's dog almost seemed to nod in agreement.
As long as they're not eyeing off mine, i don't really care what they think up

When there is a fix, I am confident we will be informed by our esteemed resident watchmaker and that is all I need to concern myself with as I'm typically not pre-disposed to being an early adopter

Whilst this thread is interesting, it has severe limitations in terms of effectiveness.
In that it won't confirm anything more than we won't already have happily recieved inside information about.

I hope the remaining warranty you have on your watches will be sufficient to see you through these times

I do agree Rolex will fix this and we will know about it but surely there is a fix in 2021?

The decision for me to keep buying was based on them putting the movements into their most iconic bread and butter sub. I figured Rolex in 2020 surely won’t risk their subs being reported as having issues when they’ve known about the problem since 2016….

At this point I want to create that Star Wars meme with the girl asking “you’ve fixed the movement right?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 08:31 AM   #1622
amanbra
"TRF" Member

32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Why? How?

Oh I don’t know continued reporting of issues. People buying off the grey market and getting issues. People then not buying off the grey market for watches made in a certain period.

People like me selling problem watches to grey dealers because I don’t want any part of it and then the buyer immediately having a terrible experience with the watch they paid a premium for?

People realising Rolex put out a sub par movement for 7 years?

Like you don’t think this could affect them because they are Rolex and Swiss?

Old 25 June 2021, 09:18 AM   #1623
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbra View Post
I do agree Rolex will fix this and we will know about it but surely there is a fix in 2021?

The decision for me to keep buying was based on them putting the movements into their most iconic bread and butter sub. I figured Rolex in 2020 surely won’t risk their subs being reported as having issues when they’ve known about the problem since 2016….

At this point I want to create that Star Wars meme with the girl asking “you’ve fixed the movement right?”

I'm hearing you.
Keep in mind that Rolex couldn't have realised there was a problem until well after introduction as it took time for it to emerge and it takes even longer for a trend to be established which they can act upon.
And yes, it's taking an extra long time than anybody imagined to rectify.

As our esteemed watchmaker friend has intimated. There are a good number of watchmakers who are scratching their heads over this. Regardless, they get paid the same amount to rectify these things under warranty or not and in accordance with the mothership's directives.
As you note, it ultimately comes down to who pays.
Besides your warranty is already paid for up front at the time of purchase. So you can sleep soundly in the knowledge that all the warranties which I have paid for up front over the years and never claimed on has subsidised yours numerous times over.
So I hope you will be able to qualify for some goodwill on the part of Rolex should it eventuate that this issue is "prepetual". After all Rolex is known for goodwill gestures and they aren't unreasonable in general.

In Rolex we trust
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 09:38 AM   #1624
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm hearing you.
Keep in mind that Rolex couldn't have realised there was a problem until well after introduction as it took time for it to emerge and it takes even longer for a trend to be established which they can act upon.
And yes, it's taking an extra long time than anybody imagined to rectify.

As our esteemed watchmaker friend has intimated. There are a good number of watchmakers who are scratching their heads over this. Regardless, they get paid the same amount to rectify these things under warranty or not and in accordance with the mothership's directives.
As you note, it ultimately comes down to who pays.
Besides your warranty is already paid for up front at the time of purchase. So you can sleep soundly in the knowledge that all the warranties which I have paid for up front over the years and never claimed on has subsidised yours numerous times over.
So I hope you will be able to qualify for some goodwill on the part of Rolex should it eventuate that this issue is "prepetual". After all Rolex is known for goodwill gestures and they aren't unreasonable in general.

In Rolex we trust
Yes I do hope Rolex don't push back if the issue reoccurs after the five years...

I think they will but who knows right?
Old 25 June 2021, 09:49 AM   #1625
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Old 25 June 2021, 09:52 AM   #1626
amanbra
"TRF" Member

The beauty of the current situation is that if I detect issues with my two 3230 watches I can get out of it and actually make money...

I do not want to do this I love the yellow OP36 and the new Exp 1 but yeah... not going to put up with this.
Old 25 June 2021, 10:11 AM   #1627
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
To Jeff, and most of the other people who enjoy reading this thread, I want to say that he is correct and I am wrong; I offer a sincere apology. No, I don’t get it, but I should not chastise those of you that are passionate about this topic. So, I’ll stay out of it, best of luck to you guys with your data collection and experiments, I hope you accomplish the goals you are seeking.
Thanks Paul, apologies for the slow response but thank you for the thoughts and thank you for asking the mods to unlock the thread. The boys on my team (myself certainly included) need to not get so worked up either.

Cheers to all!
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 11:41 AM   #1628
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
-2 sec/day is VERY good and absolutely acceptable! It may reflect mostly you wearing pattern.

I think the RSC can regulate it that it runs + which you prefer.

If you own an iPhone the easiest way (with no cost) to check a watch is to use the WatchTracker App, e.g. see post #1612.
Total bs that I have to be concerned with crap like this on a $14k watch. Bought a Panerai a few weeks back, liberating to not worry about issues. It runs a bit fast, consistently so but at least I know I won’t be dreading some timing issue. There’s no way I’m buying any other Rolex model with a 32xx series movement beyond the two I have.

Which leads me to this next point, is the watch tracking app you refer to the one that cost 4.99?
Ridiculous that I feel the need to track the timing of my new Rolex watch and buy some silly app and waste time checking to see how bad it’s getting. Reality is most today don’t care about this, as most buy to flip or just hold for investment but if you’re a wis and like me who began loving watches for their reliability, design, history and quality, Rolex is producing an inferior product. Nothing can make you stop loving something more than pita petty stuff that keeps popping up annoying you repeatedly.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 12:52 PM   #1629
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Total bs that I have to be concerned with crap like this on a $14k watch. Bought a Panerai a few weeks back, liberating to not worry about issues. It runs a bit fast, consistently so but at least I know I won’t be dreading some timing issue. There’s no way I’m buying any other Rolex model with a 32xx series movement beyond the two I have.

Which leads me to this next point, is the watch tracking app you refer to the one that cost 4.99?
Ridiculous that I feel the need to track the timing of my new Rolex watch and buy some silly app and waste time checking to see how bad it’s getting. Reality is most today don’t care about this, as most buy to flip or just hold for investment but if you’re a wis and like me who began loving watches for their reliability, design, history and quality, Rolex is producing an inferior product. Nothing can make you stop loving something more than pita petty stuff that keeps popping up annoying you repeatedly.

Nothing is rediculous! You have choice. If you don't like them anymore, no one is making you keep them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 12:56 PM   #1630
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Hey i don't always agree with Saxo but what he is saying is right.

-2s per day when worn might mean the watch is 0s per day when left stationary dial up but just that you're moving around a bit slows your timing down. -2 per day if consistent is 100% okay.

As for paying for an app to track time. You need to remember some of us enjoy watches for the technical aspect. The people that comment on this thread are watch nerds. I spent 150 dollars on a timegrapher. To you that's insane for me it's fine as it's a hobby and 150 is literally nothing to me.

Now to your point, you shouldn't need to do this for a Rolex I 100% agree. To be honest you don't, just compare your time once a week to a trusted time source like your phone or PC. If on average it's doing something bad at least you know.

I won't be buying 3255, 3235 and 3285 movements until Bas lets us know there is a proper fix. I have purchased two 3230 as it's their last iteration and trusting that it's fixed. If it's not I sell and make money it's no loss really.
Old 25 June 2021, 03:57 PM   #1631
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Total bs that I have to be concerned with crap like this on a $14k watch.
Ridiculous that I feel the need to track the timing of my new Rolex watch and buy some silly app and waste time checking to see how bad it’s getting.
Hope your watch is better than your wording.
I only tried to help
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 04:00 PM   #1632
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Whilst this thread is interesting, it has severe limitations in terms of effectiveness. In that it won't confirm anything more than we won't already have happily recieved inside information about.
How do you know?

You wrote several times in this thread that you don't own one single 32xx watch.
Consequently, you have neither personal experience nor any data to deliver.

Contribution wise you are currently on position #3 in this tread!
99 text posts out of 1631 contributions, which is 6%.
Old 25 June 2021, 04:02 PM   #1633
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hope your watch is better than your wording.
I only tried to help
I appreciate the help.
I wasn't attacking you to be clear. My frustration was toward the watch.
I was sincere in asking about the app, I looked up the one you recommended but a few came up so I was trying to get confirmation for the correct one.
The only thing directed at you in my post was the part asking about the price of the app. Everything else is for Rolex. Hope that clears things up.
Old 25 June 2021, 04:18 PM   #1634
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I appreciate the help.
I wasn't attacking you to be clear. My frustration was toward the watch.
I was sincere in asking about the app, I looked up the one you recommended but a few came up so I was trying to get confirmation for the correct one.
The only thing directed at you in my post was the part asking about the price of the app. Everything else is for Rolex. Hope that clears things up.
Thanks for your clarifications, much appreciated.

The WatchTracker app is not useless imho.
It costs only a few $£¥€ ...
It's no free (as I posted).

Old 25 June 2021, 04:28 PM   #1635
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for your clarifications, appreciated.

The WatchTracker app is not useless imho.

It costs only a few $£¥€ ...
It's no free (as I posted).
Awesome, and thx again for that as well as the information for RSC, I hadn't thought of asking for the report. I should have structured my post differently to separate my question to you from my venting at Rolex. As suggested, my wording could have been better.

The Deepsea is my all time favorite watch and the D-Blue dial is amazing to me. I should have just bought the previous gen but the upgrades to the bracelet and fit are much better to me in the new reference, I've owned both generations and I'm now deciding between buying a black Deepsea in the old gen or a SD43. This is pushing me toward the 116660 even though I really love the red text on the SD43.
Old 25 June 2021, 04:44 PM   #1636
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The Deepsea is my all time favorite watch and the D-Blue dial is amazing to me. I should have just bought the previous gen but the upgrades to the bracelet and fit are much better to me in the new reference, I've owned both generations and I'm now deciding between buying a black Deepsea in the old gen or a SD43. This is pushing me toward the 116660 even though I really love the red text on the SD43.
We are in the same court with the red Sea-Dwellers!
Old 25 June 2021, 04:46 PM   #1637
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How do you know?

You wrote several times in this thread that you don't own one single 32xx watch.
Consequently, you have neither personal experience nor any data to deliver.

Contribution wise you are currently on position #3 in this tread!
99 text posts out of 1631 contributions, which is 6%.
Thanks for that
Just keep in mind I don't multi quote so are you factoring that into your rankings?

Now to the real issues.
Who is in first place and who is in second place and what are the relevant stats for all contributors?

Looks like i better get my finger out then as there is some serious competition going on here
This is going to be better than the Olympic games and we've got that social distancing thing already covered
Old 25 June 2021, 04:49 PM   #1638
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Looks like i better get my finger out ...
Yes buddy, you got it
Old 25 June 2021, 04:51 PM   #1639
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Awesome, and thx again for that as well as the information for RSC, I hadn't thought of asking for the report. I should have structured my post differently to separate my question to you from my venting at Rolex. As suggested, my wording could have been better.

I think the red text could become a little bit of an anti climax. It was ok for a while back in the day, but perhaps the new reference is somewhat parse with the passage of time
Old 25 June 2021, 04:53 PM   #1640
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes buddy, you got it.
I anxiously await your ranking tables
I know your the man to provide all that we need to sustain us
Old 25 June 2021, 06:52 PM   #1641
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
Quote:
I anxiously await your ranking tables
I know your the man to provide all that we need to sustain us
You can see them for yourself
They are generated by the website and shown in each and every thread.

Have you not looked for yourself ?

If you do you will see that from the Top 7 posters, 3 people have managed to be in that group and have managed to contribute nothing at all to this discussion.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 07:50 PM   #1642
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post

If you do you will see that from the Top 7 posters, 3 people have managed to be in that group and have managed to contribute nothing at all to this discussion.
I disagree
There you go again with belittling behavior.
Anyway, I shall leave it up to those more qualified to keep score of the rankings.
Besides, as you may be aware by now that when it comes to this type of thing, it serves me when and how i see fit and I don't alow it to control me or influence my enjoyment of watch collecting.
Except to say this thread has been invaluable to me in that it has helped me to make informed decisions as to what movements to stay away from if I'm to continue to enjoy my Rolex watches and not get caught with potential duds
Old 25 June 2021, 07:57 PM   #1643
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I disagree:
Anyway, I shall leave it up to those more qualified to keep score of the rankings.
Except to say this thread has been invaluable to me in that it has helped me to make informed decisions
Disagreement is good when it leads to useful discussion with an outcome.

The "More Qualified" as you put it is the website itself. Not a person.
It automatically shows the posters and their "Ranking" for each thread. It is part of the built in Forum software fo all to go and see. It is just One click away.

I am delighted that this thread has helped you make a decision. It goes to show and prove that this thread is valuable to all manner of people.
Old 26 June 2021, 12:13 AM   #1644
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post

Getting way off topic here, but... I normally don't consider myself to be dumb as dirt (referring to the soil, not the user) but I have spent 10 minutes looking for these thread stats and am unable to find them in chrome/desktop or tapatalk/mobile. Where exactly are you looking to find this?
Old 26 June 2021, 12:21 AM   #1645
Dennisoul
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 Polar
This thread has been and is still interesting to me as I have a DJ41 3235, it’s been sent back to RSC 3 weeks ago as a direct reason to what’s been stated in this thread, that there is a problem with the movement..I’ve posted all my info and readings earlier in the thread and hopefully soon will be able to give updated readings when it’s back from its service.
I used a Weishi 1900 which is great, I’ve also now got the WatchTracker app which is great too, it’s terrific as I’m using that for on the wrist real life timings as compared to the static measurements.

Dennisoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 12:34 AM   #1646
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
Getting way off topic here, but... I normally don't consider myself to be dumb as dirt (referring to the soil, not the user) but I have spent 10 minutes looking for these thread stats and am unable to find them in chrome/desktop or tapatalk/mobile. Where exactly are you looking to find this?
- Go to the main page.
- Find the thread.
- Click on "Replies".
- You get the list, looks like bellow.
- Scroll down, you can count and will find the number of different contributors: 145

Old 26 June 2021, 12:39 AM   #1647
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry I was slow to answer …….. Dog walking got me slowed down by an hour.

Saxo3 answered you so I know you will be fine now.
Old 26 June 2021, 12:52 AM   #1648
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
- Go to the main page.
- Find the thread.
- Click on "Replies".
- You get the list, looks like bellow.
- Scroll down, you can count and will find the number of different contributors: 145
Got it, thanks. Was looking inside the thread itself. Silly me!
Old 26 June 2021, 01:21 AM   #1649
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Got it, thanks. Was looking inside the thread itself. Silly me!
Very welcome!

You can find more data, for example:

The top 10 posters until now here, listed with their integrated quantity of threads they opened (becoming 'OP')

'OP' overview, sorted by post quantity in this thread

saxo3 - 0
CharlesN - 47
HiBoost - 29
amanbra - 14
TheVTCGuy - 505
padi56 - 505
TswaneNguni - 334
Michael NQ8 - 19
Andad - 194

This is public information available for every TRF member.
Old 26 June 2021, 01:28 AM   #1650
saxo3
"TRF" Member

There is nothing to say here. Charles just now made me "excited" with new amplitude data.

I can't stop his enthusiasm and Charles donated me two new pens for my timegrapher.

The old one was worn out