The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 21 August 2019, 12:19 AM   #151
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt009au View Post
Did they relist it after it was confirmed as a fake and returned, Or did they have multiple fakes?
From what I could see they relisted it, but they appeared to have 2!
Old 21 August 2019, 12:22 AM   #152
matt009au
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
From what I could see they relisted it, but they appeared to have 2!
This whole scenario is very troubling on multiple fronts.

Surprising that Swisswatchexpo are content to flush their reputation down the toilet. It is one thing to make a mistake with a high quality fake using a real movement. It is another thing to re-list it too try and fool another innocent party after rolex has confirmed it is a fake.
Old 21 August 2019, 12:25 AM   #153
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt009au View Post
This whole scenario is very troubling on multiple fronts.

Surprising that Swisswatchexpo are content to flush their reputation down the toilet. It is one thing to make a mistake with a high quality fake using a real movement. It is another thing to re-list it too try and fool another innocent party after rolex has confirmed it is a fake.
EXACTLY
BUT - they are in a BIG loss, and the ONLY way they know to get out is dupe others.
sad and pathetic.
When I got duped - I took the pain.
Sold the movements separately.
This is a BIG issue - GENUINE movements in FAKE CASES/Bracelets and Dials!
Old 21 August 2019, 01:21 AM   #154
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
EXACTLY
BUT - they are in a BIG loss, and the ONLY way they know to get out is dupe others.
sad and pathetic.
If I was a watch dealer, I would ensure I had insurance to cover this scenario.
Old 21 August 2019, 01:27 AM   #155
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
If I was a watch dealer, I would ensure I had insurance to cover this scenario.
Not sure it exists? Of course you can write - off against tax.
But its a HUGE hit
Old 21 August 2019, 01:40 AM   #156
tigey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So it’s 100% genuine.
No mods or anything- correct?
yes its real movement. Why did you post this? Lets see the case its in.. is it a fake case?
Old 21 August 2019, 02:30 AM   #157
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigey View Post
yes its real movement. Why did you post this? Lets see the case its in.. is it a fake case?
Yep. Both movements are I posted above 100% genuine, confined by Rolex
BUT
Cases/bracelet/Dials are fake.

I have personally seen 6’of these - I can post movements
I have 10 confirmed by ROLEX
Genuine “untouched” movements rest is all fake.

Do fake watches with genuine untouched movements exist? Hell yes and confirmed by Rolex

There are NO close Asian clones - that’s a myth.

Adam
Old 21 August 2019, 03:36 AM   #158
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:

There are NO close Asian clones - that’s a myth.

Adam
Ok then, Real or Fake?

Old 21 August 2019, 03:38 AM   #159
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrolexsub View Post
Ok then, Real or Fake?

Please send a "hacked" photo, like I did.
But from what I can see - GENUINE
A
Old 21 August 2019, 03:39 AM   #160
vintagetudor
"TRF" Member

Oooh I love this game
Old 21 August 2019, 03:58 AM   #161
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please send a "hacked" photo, like I did.
But from what I can see - GENUINE
A
It’s fake. Un-edited pic below. See the main plate. No serial number. It’s a fake with a genuine balance cock, balance wheel, parachrome hairspring, genuine going train bridge and auto winding module/oscillating weight.

Not my pictures so can’t get a hacked one. Best I can do is the balance fitted to the main plate. Free sprung balance with micro Stella adjustment on the balance wheel.

Swap all these parts onto a genuine main plate with a real serial and for very little money you have a 4130 movement that will fool 99% of the people inspecting it. These things are scary and it’s only going to get worse. Not so much a problem on the 116500s as real parts are very difficult to come by, and the fake dials and bezels are easy to spot, but I’m now very very cautious on any 116520s I come across.
Old 21 August 2019, 04:02 AM   #162
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s fake. Un-edited pic below. See the main plate. No serial number. It’s a fake with a genuine balance cock, balance wheel, parachrome hairspring, all genuine bridges and auto winding module/oscillating weight.

Not my pictures so can’t get a hacked one. Best I can do is the balance fitted to the main plate. Free sprung balance with micro Stella adjustment on the balance wheel.

Swap all these parts onto a genuine main plate with a real serial and for very little money you have a 4130 movement that will fool 99% of the people inspecting it. These things are scary and it’s only going to get worse. Not so much a problem on the 116500s as real parts are very difficult to come by, and the fake dials and bezels are easy to spot, but I’m now very very cautious on any 116520s I come across.
OK
But 2 points
1) too much perlage
2) serial number on BP

BUT
I do accept the crown wheel is correct and functional.

HOWEVER
Its nothing like OPs movement
and fact remains, and confirmed by ROLEX that many (now WW) genuine movements are being fitted in completely fake watches.

The OPs movement is GENUINE - no perlage and a ROLEX movement serial number on BP
Adam
Old 21 August 2019, 04:25 AM   #163
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OK
But 2 points
1) too much perlage
2) serial number on BP

BUT
I do accept the crown wheel is correct and functional.

HOWEVER
Its nothing like OPs movement
and fact remains, and confirmed by ROLEX that many (now WW) genuine movements are being fitted in completely fake watches.

The OPs movement is GENUINE - no perlage and a ROLEX movement serial number on BP
Adam
Agreed the main plate finish isn’t to Rolex specs.

However, swap in a real main plate for relatively little and both of your points become invalid. Not difficult to obtain.

Now spot that it’s a fake movement. Very very difficult. And now it will look exactly like the OPs movement to the untrained, even most trained eyes. The sky high prices of these watches make this a viable option for a scumbag out to scam.

I’m not saying the movement in the OPs watch is a fake, as it more than likely isn’t. However it’s a possibility.

I’m also not disagreeing about genuine movements in a fake cases. There are plenty out there. I’ve seen a few.

My point is to show just how close these 4130 clones can be made to the real thing for a few thousand dollars. The days of looking at the balance on the 4130 is long gone. These can be very very convincing with a few genuine parts.

This is only going to get worse once the 31xx, 32xx series movements are cloned to a better spec and able to take Rolex balances, it’s only a matter of time.
Old 21 August 2019, 04:29 AM   #164
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agreed the main plate finish isn’t to Rolex specs.

However, swap in a real main plate for relatively little and both of your points become invalid.

Now spot that it’s a fake movement. Very very difficult. And now it will look exactly like the OPs movement to the untrained, even most trained eyes. The sky high prices of these watches make this a viable option for a scumbag out to scam.

I’m not saying the movement in the OPs watch is a fake, as it more than likely isn’t. However it’s a possibility.

I’m also not disagreeing about genuine movements in a fake cases. There are plenty out there. I’ve seen a few.

My point is to show just how close these 4130 clones can be made to the real thing for a few thousand dollars. The days of looking at the balance on the 4130 is long gone. These can be very very convincing with a few genuine parts.

This is only going to get worse once the 31xx, 32xx series movements are cloned to a better spec and able to take Rolex balances, it’s only a matter of time.
No disagreement.
My point mainly is that there are a lot of fakes now WW that have GENUINE movements.
The OPs watch is one of them

Its reported as are all the others that I can reported and confirmed to/by ROLEX

Thanks your sensible and unemotional posts
Adam
Old 21 August 2019, 04:30 AM   #165
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
This thread is epic.
Old 21 August 2019, 04:44 AM   #166
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No disagreement.
My point mainly is that there are a lot of fakes now WW that have GENUINE movements.
The OPs watch is one of them

Its reported as are all the others that I can reported and confirmed to/by ROLEX

Thanks your sensible and unemotional posts
Adam
Good work. The more of these removed/reported the better
Old 21 August 2019, 04:49 AM   #167
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good work. The more of these removed/reported the better
Agreed
I have gained only a little back from ROLEX.
I know where the movements are NOT coming from.
But they MUST know where they are coming from (based on serial number.

Once again - thanks your professionalism and knowledge
A
Old 21 August 2019, 08:39 AM   #168
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Hey OP

If you new or suspected the watch was fake why did you try to sell it on the forum to dupe or scam another forum member?
Old 21 August 2019, 08:55 AM   #169
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Hey OP

If you new or suspected the watch was fake why did you try to sell it on the forum to dupe or scam another forum member?
I'm assuming OP found out after posting the FS ad that the watch was dodgy
Old 21 August 2019, 08:57 AM   #170
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
I'm assuming OP found out after posting the FS ad that the watch was dodgy
The FS ad was never canceled or withdrawn
Old 21 August 2019, 09:25 AM   #171
2th_doc
"TRF" Member

SwissWatchExpo sold me a fake Daytona 116500 for $21,800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 August 2019, 10:03 AM   #172
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

I think the OP has a little explaining to do here......

OP posted on WatchOut that he had a fake on August 16. However in this post he said he bought the watch over a month ago, so that is prior to July 16, and was told the band was fake and possibly the rest of the watch was fake. But on July 24th, a FS ad was placed by the OP, and bumped again on July 26th. By July 24th, OP knew it was fake or partly fake but went ahead to try to recoup his monies, so it seems, and sell to another forum member.

Hey OP, it is not OK that you are scammed.
But it is also not OK, that you may have tried to pawn this watch off on another forum member, knowing it was a potential fake. Perhaps you can explain your actions to the community. One more point, the FS AD is still running. Why?
Old 21 August 2019, 10:08 AM   #173
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:

OP posted on WatchOut that he had a fake on August 16. However in this post he said he bought the watch over a month ago, so that is prior to July 16, and was told the band was fake and possibly the rest of the watch was fake. But on July 24th, a FS ad was placed by the OP, and bumped again on July 26th. By July 24th, OP knew it was fake or partly fake but went ahead to try to recoup his monies, so it seems, and sell to another forum member.

But it is also not OK, that you may have tried to pawn this watch off on another forum member, knowing it was a potential fake. Perhaps you can explain your actions to the community. One more point, the FS AD is still running. Why?
Agreed some explanation is in order. And that FS ad redacted or closed.
Old 21 August 2019, 10:09 AM   #174
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:

It is still listed on watch net

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...o=941049&rid=0

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 21 August 2019, 10:16 AM   #175
Aquaholic_user
"TRF" Member

Now I'm really getting into this. Scary how deceiving these movements are becoming.

SM-N960U
Old 21 August 2019, 10:17 AM   #176
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

And sold another BNIB in 2016. Guess OP loves his black dial Daytona's

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=498498
Old 21 August 2019, 10:18 AM   #177
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Now that is interesting.
Well pointed out.
I have a feeling our OP HAS retired from
This thread.
Old 21 August 2019, 10:19 AM   #178
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
I can only get it removed from
Ebay
Old 21 August 2019, 11:43 AM   #179
dmhines
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss / GMT II
Hmmm. Got my 16713 from SWE. Also my Roadster. They seem to be on the up and up and have a ridiculous amount of inventory of all brands. The engravings on that Daytona seem to be done by hand. Yikes. Guessing the person who does the photos is not a Rolex expert.

Seems buying modern six digit references second hand is becoming a challenge due to the crazy good counterfeits.
Breitling SOH II - Brown 42 / Breitling 806 Re-Edition
Old 21 August 2019, 12:03 PM   #180
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 gilt chapter
Quote:

I had 2 of them Both 2016, the one I was selling was a trade in at a dallas AD that was originally purchased from that ad. I took photo of the wrong one , as you can see my photos are awful. Mistake on my part , I will own that. I don’t do this for a living just a hobby. I generally just post a quick photo and usually will sell to dealers. I sold that watch already. I would never in my life sell anything I knew to be fake , period end of story. I’ve bought and sold watches with most of the big dealers on here , generally I will send them the watch prior to getting payment. If anyone had or ever has an issue with something of mine , I’d refund them if it was years later ... I don’t care. If you can find someone that has had a bad dealing with me I’d love to talk to them , if someone buys something off me I want them to be completely happy.
Closed Thread