The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 21 June 2020, 06:31 AM   #151
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

The previous building was far more elegant... just like the previous Stern and timepieces. Maybe a PP smart watch is next, a limited edition shaped like a blasé rectangle... paying homage to the new building.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 12:57 PM   #152
khooper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good respone
khooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 02:28 PM   #153
321Forever
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Looking forward to seeing a shot of the 6007A taken from inside a Ferrari 488...

From a brand excitement point of view, this one is just as boring as they come.
321Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 03:54 PM   #154
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
New patek philippe ref.6007A-001

How much will Patek make from this LE? 1,000 pcs x $??

So it pays for xxx% of what they spent on the building...
Old 21 June 2020, 04:26 PM   #155
cmcm3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Great real world photo posted by SJX on IG.

Still not one I would go for but this photo really shows how terrible Patek’s marketing images are. They should spend a few quid upgrading this part of their organisation.
Old 21 June 2020, 04:40 PM   #156
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Turn this into a manual wind, no date chronograph with a small minute hand to time 60 minutes on that inner ring, and I would want it. Of course, I'd still be unable to get one.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 06:16 PM   #157
yoast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwatchguy View Post
How much will Patek make from this LE? 1,000 pcs x $??

So it pays for xxx% of what they spent on the building...
They should probably gross around 20-25 million usd, not bad for a steel le with a stamped dial.
Probably the cost of the parking garage.
Old 21 June 2020, 06:40 PM   #158
mrenvy
"TRF" Member

The strap is nice. Can it be available for other Calatrava models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2020, 10:11 PM   #159
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
Still not one I would go for but this photo really shows how terrible Patek’s marketing images are. They should spend a few quid upgrading this part of their organisation.
Only took me five minutes in Photoshop...

As time passes, I am convinced PP is trolling their clients with this 2019 model. Barnum was right... yet flippers will surely make bank (akin to flipping Hertz stock on Robinhood).

Agree with others the Panerai-like strap is nice. So if you love the strap, check out what Panerai offers.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 21 June 2020, 10:31 PM   #160
Tjaeng
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoast View Post
They should probably gross around 20-25 million usd, not bad for a steel le with a stamped dial.
That sounds high. Prices including taxes in high-VAT countries will be arpund $30,000 which means wholesale prices should be well lower than $20K per 6007A.
Tjaeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2020, 02:41 AM   #161
Pateks
Banned

The responses are typical to every Patek release. Some people love the watches. One hate them. At the end of the day, the silent ones gobble up the pieces they love and ignore the internet hoopla.

I recall a similar uproar when the anniversary nautilus pieces came out. Lots of angst on the size and the diamond markers and the inscription on the watch. Look at the prices now.

Not saying 6007 will have a similar trajectory in price by any means. But watch values and popularity don’t equate to opinion on TRF.
Pateks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2020, 05:05 AM   #162
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateks View Post
But watch values and popularity don’t equate to opinion on TRF.
100% agree. Purists are usually the loudest naysayers, which is a camp I belong in for PP. Meanwhile even a big-ish run of 1000 pieces will be gobbled up in 24 hours.

The new Panerai 'Tron' 1117 /1118 /1119 fall into the same type of category to some extent of purists versus.... OMEGA purists versus the 50th Anniversary Buzz butt.... The list goes on.

Imho in today's market the more controversy, the higher grey market prices. It might sound weird, yet seems to be true. If that is indeed the case, Patek knocked it out of the park with their new release.

Old 22 June 2020, 05:28 AM   #163
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
100% agree. Purists are usually the loudest naysayers, which is a camp I belong in for PP. Meanwhile even a big-ish run of 1000 pieces will be gobbled up in 24 hours.

The new Panerai 'Tron' 1117 /1118 /1119 fall into the same type of category to some extent of purists versus.... OMEGA purists versus the 50th Anniversary Buzz butt.... The list goes on.

Imho in today's market the more controversy, the higher grey market prices. It might sound weird, yet seems to be true. If that is indeed the case, Patek knocked it out of the park with their new release.
Can’t comment on Omega or Panerai as I don’t care for or follow those brands. I’ve sold everything that I’ve purchased over the years and am exclusively own Patek now. Might pick up a Rolex sport model as a travel beater. But the hate for the newer Patek models is a mystery to me as I am really enjoying the pieces that seem to cause so much angst.

The 5524 Was widely hated on this website yet impossible to get early on. I love mine and find it a great piece to wear.

I kick myself for not buying an anniversary Nautilus when I had the chance cause I spent too much time reading internet opinions on the watch and the general hatred for the pieces. Mind you most of the negative comments were by people would not have the means to buy the box the watch came in let alone the watch itself. This is the reason I can’t stand reading the comments on Hoodinkee.
Old 22 June 2020, 05:55 AM   #164
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

^^^ Great post. Who cares what anyone says, if you want it get it. Have seen discussion board debates about variation in green any why one shade is 'better' than another.

It's just the Internet.

Then again I prefer blondes, so you know any other hair color has to be bad by default ;-)

Old 22 June 2020, 07:59 AM   #165
mdtddd2007
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, PP, AP, GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by guanxi View Post
Absolutely gorgeous!!!
Oh man looks so nice!!! Sure looks similar to JLC. But the dial is so balance with cool sporty!!! I really like this piece. And would love to add to collection!
mdtddd2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2020, 11:02 AM   #166
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The responses are typical to every Patek release. Some people love the watches. One hate them. At the end of the day, the silent ones gobble up the pieces they love and ignore the internet hoopla.

I recall a similar uproar when the anniversary nautilus pieces came out. Lots of angst on the size and the diamond markers and the inscription on the watch. Look at the prices now.

Not saying 6007 will have a similar trajectory in price by any means. But watch values and popularity don’t equate to opinion on TRF.

I actually think it’s great that there are some people that strongly dislike some of the new watches. On the whole, the watch industry needs to remain innovative to ensure that the next generation loves watches as much as we do. I think that if you don’t generate a few polarizing watches, then you aren’t innovating aesthetically enough. I give PP lots of credit for giving customers a range from the classic 5196 to the more innovative 5524 and 6007.
UmichNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2020, 11:16 AM   #167
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmichNJ View Post
I actually think it’s great that there are some people that strongly dislike some of the new watches. On the whole, the watch industry needs to remain innovative to ensure that the next generation loves watches as much as we do. I think that if you don’t generate a few polarizing watches, then you aren’t innovating aesthetically enough. I give PP lots of credit for giving customers a range from the classic 5196 to the more innovative 5524 and 6007.
Agree. I personally love the new pieces, larger sizes.
Old 22 June 2020, 01:22 PM   #168
AnalyseLindsay
Banned

I will sadly never qualify for this watch as I dont have any PP watches. My only concern would be if this isn’t just a money grabber by PP. I reckon that those that will get the watch wouldn’t really care if it is $28k or $40k or $20k....they probably have enough cash. I would guess a LE celebrating your new manufacturing facility should show case that ability....so instead of guilloché we have a stamped dial. They say it’s because the production run was too large...well make it smaller!! They then use an old movement and not a new one and we know that PP have now started stamping their cases. Blue is also very last season. Couldn’t they have chosen a surprising color like a deep maroon...something associated with Geneva or Switzerland...just blue ....so PP is getting a bit lazy
AnalyseLindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2020, 01:27 PM   #169
martinr
"TRF" Member

I feel the same way. It’s just another watch. Not awful but nothing special either. And the fact that it’s about a new building? Who cares.
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2020, 01:30 PM   #170
khooper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyseLindsay View Post
I will sadly never qualify for this watch as I dont have any PP watches. My only concern would be if this isn’t just a money grabber by PP. I reckon that those that will get the watch wouldn’t really care if it is $28k or $40k or $20k....they probably have enough cash. I would guess a LE celebrating your new manufacturing facility should show case that ability....so instead of guilloché we have a stamped dial. They say it’s because the production run was too large...well make it smaller!! They then use an old movement and not a new one and we know that PP have now started stamping their cases. Blue is also very last season. Couldn’t they have chosen a surprising color like a deep maroon...something associated with Geneva or Switzerland...just blue ....so PP is getting a bit lazy
Well said ALindsay or should that be well said Karl
khooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2020, 02:52 PM   #171
Pateks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyseLindsay View Post
Isnt every watch a money grab from any manufacturer? These are all overpriced over hyped pieces of metal yet we line up to buy the pieces we admire.
Old 22 June 2020, 06:59 PM   #172
AnalyseLindsay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khooper View Post
Well said ALindsay or should that be well said Karl
What?
AnalyseLindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2020, 10:28 PM   #173
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

Need to recognize it for what it is. The new Calatravox is just a favor PP does for its hard core collectors which will ultimately benefit the collectors and the greys. It's just another "get out the popcorn" event and watch the drama related to trying to get one (if you even like it). Pure entertainment is the full extent of this foolishness.
Old 22 June 2020, 10:30 PM   #174
irish john
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex ,PP
spoke to an AD on Saturday and he told me that Patek will inform them of who is allotted one on Tuesday 23rd June , this is for the UK area only
be interesting to see if thats true
irish john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2020, 11:44 PM   #175
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish john View Post
spoke to an AD on Saturday and he told me that Patek will inform them of who is allotted one on Tuesday 23rd June , this is for the UK area only
be interesting to see if thats true
In the UK, would be easier to get Knighted by the Queen than to get your hands on one of these.
Old 23 June 2020, 12:57 AM   #176
Pim
Banned

Quote:
Can’t comment on Omega or Panerai as I don’t care for or follow those brands. I’ve sold everything that I’ve purchased over the years and am exclusively own Patek now. Might pick up a Rolex sport model as a travel beater. But the hate for the newer Patek models is a mystery to me as I am really enjoying the pieces that seem to cause so much angst.

The 5524 Was widely hated on this website yet impossible to get early on. I love mine and find it a great piece to wear.

I kick myself for not buying an anniversary Nautilus when I had the chance cause I spent too much time reading internet opinions on the watch and the general hatred for the pieces. Mind you most of the negative comments were by people would not have the means to buy the box the watch came in let alone the watch itself. This is the reason I can’t stand reading the comments on Hoodinkee.
Best reply ever !
Pim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2020, 01:23 AM   #177
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoast View Post

Not bad at all.
Old 23 June 2020, 01:27 AM   #178
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

There’s a lot a reaction to this watch on social media, mostly negative. There’s a discernible and growing negative vibe around PP in general. This is may be an inflection point. Do you remember when there was a ever such a strong negative view of PP in general?
Old 23 June 2020, 02:22 AM   #179
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
There’s a lot a reaction to this watch on social media, mostly negative. There’s a discernible and growing negative vibe around PP in general. This is may be an inflection point. Do you remember when there was a ever such a strong negative view of PP in general?
I don't see this negative vibe around PP that you talk about anywhere unless we are talking purely watch aesthetics and then that has happened whenever they do something unexpected or that a select group don't like! Pilot travel, anniversary Nautilus and regulator all come to mind in recent times, go back a bit and we can include the 5070. It is the depth of product ranges and the fact that they can appeal and equally be unappealing to lots that is the strength of the brand.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2020, 02:29 AM   #180
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
There are a lot of Instagram warriors that judge watches on their photographs. A steel calatrava is always an event to celebrate for Patek for those that are initiated.

I think with too much AP/Nautilus/RM/Rolex and now Journe fever, everyone wants a steel sports watch that can do everything and look insane. Subtle classic elegance is gone to band-wagoning and "investment grade" watches that are also beautiful (nothing wrong with that); however the expectations and "inflection" point seem to be sometimes unrealistic. This isn't a piece to show off but to commemorate an important Patek milestone. If you are a Patek enthusiast (and not just a hot model hype train person), you will appreciate this for what it is.

I am starting to like this one more and more and appreciating the nuances more every day. Just like I just adore the triple step lugs on the 5320G and the 5172G.

Once you have the confidence to buy what you like without regard to others, you will transcend the hype and own things that are genuinely meaningful to you and the brand. This is hard in Asia since it is all about status (I am from Singapore so I can speak firsthand).

You look at this and then a Paul Newman Daytona - can you truly say the Newman is more beautiful?

Finally as a Finance guy I will quote Buffett - "in the short term the market is a voting machine, in the long run it is a weighing machine." Collecting things that are objectively rare and subjectively beautiful is part of the fun and best position you for getting things that are truly collectible in the long term.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote