The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 8 July 2021, 10:32 PM   #181
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
In November 2019 when registering the first watch I got the 3 years guarantee extension.

We thank you for your interest in Blancpain and are pleased to confirm that your enrolment in our Circle of Connoisseurs is now in effect.

By acquiring one of our timepieces, you have helped to promote the watchmaking heritage and history of Blancpain, the world’s oldest watch brand. The Circle of Connoisseurs is our way of thanking you. Joining this club reserved for owners of a Blancpain watch means that you can take advantage of exclusive offers, including personalised service at all of our Boutiques around the world and a three-year extension of your guarantee.

Joining the Circle of Connoisseurs also provides you with the unique opportunity to visit our Manufacture. Located in the heart of Switzerland’s Jura mountains, the “Farm” in Le Brassus is where we carry on a jealously-guarded watchmaking tradition, and where you will be given a ninety-minute tour.
Welcome to Blancpain’s Circle of Connoisseurs. We are delighted to share with you the history and philosophy that have guided the creation of our timepieces since 1735.

With our warmest regards,

Your Blancpain team

In May 2021 when registering the second watch no mentioning anymore about the 3 year extension on the guarantee

The world's oldest watch brand wishes to thank you and congratulate you on your acquisition of an Haute Horlogerie timepiece. Creating it calls for time-honored know-how, perpetuated by master-watchmakers who have patiently assembled and decorated each component of your watch mechanism.

Your choice of a Blancpain timepiece owes nothing to chance. This testifies to the sensitivity and high demands of an authentic connoisseur. Further it honors the watchmaker who crafted your watch, thereby contributing to preserving and enhancing the renown of the tried and tested hand-crafted methods characteristic of traditional Swiss watchmaking.

Blancpain is pleased to add your name to its Register of Connoisseurs and thanks you for your trust. The doors of the Manufacture will always be open if you wish by appointment to discover the precision and the beauty of the work performed in our Le Brassus workshops. We already look forward to welcoming you there some day.

Gratefully yours,
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2021, 11:16 PM   #182
ROA
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannr1 View Post
In November 2019 when registering the first watch I got the 3 years guarantee extension.

In May 2021 when registering the second watch no mentioning anymore about the 3 year extension on the guarantee

Gratefully yours,
Thank you Martijn. I got exactly the same message that you received in May 2021. So I guess they decided to remove the extension.

Just a bit concerned after I read feedback that a couple of watches ended up being sent for service after merely more than a year, diagnosis given by Blancpain is dried up oils, etc. No one really knows how long the pieces have been sitting before they are finally sold so the extension would have been handy. I assume you never had an issue with your 2019 piece?
ROA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2021, 11:38 PM   #183
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

No, not an issue with the 2019 watch. Still running perfectly.
It is a shame Blancpain stopped with the 3 years guarantee extension.
Was not aware until I came across your post and compared both confirmations of the registration. Blancpain should offer by default 5 years guarantee on their timepieces like most of their competitors.
Old 9 July 2021, 12:30 AM   #184
ROA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, not an issue with the 2019 watch. Still running perfectly.
It is a shame Blancpain stopped with the 3 years guarantee extension.
Was not aware until I came across your post and compared both confirmations of the registration. Blancpain should offer by default 5 years guarantee on their timepieces like most of their competitors.
I agree. Before I posted my query here earlier, I sent a message to Blancpain via their “contact us” section inquiring about the extended warranty Hopefully they reply.

I was initially planning to purchase preowned, but ended up going for a brand new one (although I do not know how long ago the piece was manufactured.). So far the only thing I noticed is the crown winding sensation - it feels strange as I do not feel the “tiny clicks” while winding (not yet fully wound). Not sure if this is normal for the 1315 movement.
Old 9 July 2021, 12:40 PM   #185
AG23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROA View Post
I agree. Before I posted my query here earlier, I sent a message to Blancpain via their “contact us” section inquiring about the extended warranty Hopefully they reply.

I was initially planning to purchase preowned, but ended up going for a brand new one (although I do not know how long ago the piece was manufactured.). So far the only thing I noticed is the crown winding sensation - it feels strange as I do not feel the “tiny clicks” while winding (not yet fully wound). Not sure if this is normal for the 1315 movement.
So which watch did you buy? Congrats and please post pics!

Sorry to hear that they’ve done away with the extension- hopefully they reply with good news. I received the same email as Batmannr1’s first watch.

My 1315 is the same as yours- no clicks and very smooth to wind.
AG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2021, 04:28 PM   #186
ROA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG23 View Post
So which watch did you buy? Congrats and please post pics!

Sorry to hear that they’ve done away with the extension- hopefully they reply with good news. I received the same email as Batmannr1’s first watch.

My 1315 is the same as yours- no clicks and very smooth to wind.
Thanks Al! I bought the Bathyscaphe 43mm (5000-1110). My first Blancpain so I am not sure how the crown / winding behaves. Happy to know that it is normal to have no clicks as mine feels smooth too. Here is a pic on my 16.7cm flat wrist. Couldn’t attach a better resolution though. A bit on the bigger side but it sang to me so had to get it. The 38mm was too small.

Next step is to find suitable straps lol. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C242D190-0B18-48DB-ADD4-D7608DF4D54F.jpeg (90.8 KB, 577 views)
Old 9 July 2021, 05:16 PM   #187
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

I love that clean black dial. Congratulations!
Old 9 July 2021, 07:09 PM   #188
AG23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks Al! I bought the Bathyscaphe 43mm (5000-1110). My first Blancpain so I am not sure how the crown / winding behaves. Happy to know that it is normal to have no clicks as mine feels smooth too. Here is a pic on my 16.7cm flat wrist. Couldn’t attach a better resolution though. A bit on the bigger side but it sang to me so had to get it. The 38mm was too small.

Next step is to find suitable straps lol. Any suggestions?
Fantastic- I’ve got the same watch on the bracelet and love it. Pics do not do justice to that amazing dial.

Not got any suggestions re straps as I’m more than happy with the bracelet- what look are you going for? I think the sailcloth or nato look great on it.
Old 9 July 2021, 07:55 PM   #189
ROA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I love that clean black dial. Congratulations!
Thanks a lot! I like that it is clean/uncluttered. I also like the date window placement.

Quote:
Fantastic- I’ve got the same watch on the bracelet and love it. Pics do not do justice to that amazing dial.

Not got any suggestions re straps as I’m more than happy with the bracelet- what look are you going for? I think the sailcloth or nato look great on it.
Thank you! Congrats on your bracelet version! I agree that pics do not do justice to it. I love how it plays with light. I like the sailcloth but will try to look for a good nato strap for variety…
Old 9 July 2021, 08:30 PM   #190
AG23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks a lot! I like that it is clean/uncluttered. I also like the date window placement.
I couldn’t agree more! It’s such a divisive position for the date, but one that I really like. And I love the uncluttered dial- it is just beautiful.
Old 10 July 2021, 11:29 AM   #191
ROA
"TRF" Member

Pic with better resolution (i hope lol)
Old 10 July 2021, 12:09 PM   #192
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I'd love to see one as well as The Glasutte SeaQ

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2021, 07:22 PM   #193
AG23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post
I'd love to see one as well as The Glasutte SeaQ

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
That’s exactly what I was tossing up between. The Glashutte was also beautiful and the domed crystal made side glances make the watch look like a Dali painting. Great looking watch, but the big numerals, date and PCL’s made it a bit flashy compared to the Bathyscaphe. I preferred the GO in certain ways, but could not have worn it regularly. That’s a shortcoming of me, however, and not the watch.
Old 11 July 2021, 12:29 AM   #194
Malum
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 D-Blue
The pcl’s on the SEAQ bracelet are a big turn off . I like to alternate between straps and bracelets and all brushed is my preference. If the SeaQ bracelet was all brushed I would already own one .
Malum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 06:25 PM   #195
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Still torn between a BP or the GO diver personally. Probably going to go with a Bp just need to find one in person first.
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 10:13 PM   #196
DVR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Diver watches
Quote:
but could not have worn it regularly. That’s a shortcoming of me, however, and not the watch.
I like both FF and SeaQ, I chose the SeaQ bicolor and it has become my daily. Couldn't be happier. Not flashy at all. I wear it everywhere.
However, the 45mm FF is still on my radar as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malum View Post
The pcl’s on the SEAQ bracelet are a big turn off . I like to alternate between straps and bracelets and all brushed is my preference. If the SeaQ bracelet was all brushed I would already own one .
Having it brushed is a 2 minute job:
https://uhrforum.de/threads/sammelth...2#post-6409279

But the synthetic strap is simply amazing. The bracelet, however nice, looks like an afterthought to me with the squared lugs.
The PCL did not bother me however.

Old 15 October 2021, 09:33 AM   #197
Galion
"TRF" Member

Anyone has a side by side pic with a SD43 or DSSD? I love how the FF looks but I’m a bit worried about the comments that it wears much smaller than a 45mm. Unfortunately I don’t have an AD near to see how it sits on my 7.5” wrist
Galion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 01:22 PM   #198
indycole
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galion View Post
Anyone has a side by side pic with a SD43 or DSSD? I love how the FF looks but I’m a bit worried about the comments that it wears much smaller than a 45mm. Unfortunately I don’t have an AD near to see how it sits on my 7.5” wrist

7.5" wrist here as well. Here's some with the SD43, DSSD, and 5015.

indycole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 02:16 PM   #199
tv.classical
"TRF" Member

Hi there,

I am a huge fan of Blancpain. :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1625877760161.jpg (154.1 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg 1624425173459.jpg (274.1 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg 1632624294957.jpg (215.2 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg 1629466898653.jpg (258.5 KB, 393 views)
File Type: jpg 1620211616960.jpg (219.0 KB, 394 views)
tv.classical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 02:21 PM   #200
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv.classical View Post

Wow! So cool. I want your Desert Day Date so bad! That one is on my very short list. How do you like that one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2021, 03:28 PM   #201
tv.classical
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
Wow! So cool. I want your Desert Day Date so bad! That one is on my very short list. How do you like that one?

It was an unexpected color, but I put it on my wrist and decided that it was pretty good, so I got it. I wear it very often. :)
Old 15 October 2021, 08:33 PM   #202
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Blancpain FF

Quote:

Impressive pictures of your collection of modern Blancpain watches. Really stunning.
Question: as an owner of the Air Command I am curious about the rubber diving strap you fitted on the AC. That is an OEM part of Blancpain? Not seen that combo yet. Very nice.

This thread needs more pictures:
My modest BP collection
Old 15 October 2021, 10:51 PM   #203
tv.classical
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Impressive pictures of your collection of modern Blancpain watches. Really stunning.
Question: as an owner of the Air Command I am curious about the rubber diving strap you fitted on the AC. That is an OEM part of Blancpain? Not seen that combo yet. Very nice.

My modest BP collection
This is a rubber strap for 45mm FF. Although it is 23mm in size, it is made of rubber, so it fits well with the 22mm Air Command. This is not a genuine strap. :)

https://www.instagram.com/tv.classical/
Old 16 October 2021, 11:39 AM   #204
Galion
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycole View Post
7.5" wrist here as well. Here's some with the SD43, DSSD, and 5015.
Thanks! Just what I needed. Looks great on you
Galion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2021, 10:19 PM   #205
JP123
"TRF" Member

Finally tried a FF last week and bought it on the spot. For years I had admired it from afar but left it at that as the specs said 45mm and that just sounds too big for my wrist. I’ve had a bathyscaphe before and loved the dial but just found it uncomfortable on the bracelet and besides if that was only 43mm then surely no point in the 5015….
Needless to say, tried on the 5015 (titanium, black dial) and it fits just fine. In fact I think it wears smaller than the Bathyscaphe and certainly the titanium bracelet is more comfortable than the Bathy steel version.
I couldn’t be happier. On one hand I wish everyone would try the thing rather than assume it’s too big from the stats, but on the other I’m glad it’s not one you see everywhere! I love it!
JP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 12:06 AM   #206
epicurus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP123 View Post
Finally tried a FF last week and bought it on the spot. For years I had admired it from afar but left it at that as the specs said 45mm and that just sounds too big for my wrist. I’ve had a bathyscaphe before and loved the dial but just found it uncomfortable on the bracelet and besides if that was only 43mm then surely no point in the 5015….
Needless to say, tried on the 5015 (titanium, black dial) and it fits just fine. In fact I think it wears smaller than the Bathyscaphe and certainly the titanium bracelet is more comfortable than the Bathy steel version.
I couldn’t be happier. On one hand I wish everyone would try the thing rather than assume it’s too big from the stats, but on the other I’m glad it’s not one you see everywhere! I love it!
agreed. its pretty amazing how it doesnt feel or look like a 45mm watch
epicurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2021, 12:27 AM   #207
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Congrats! The FF in titanium is killer. No one else makes a hand finished full ti bracelet short of an AP tourby and it's a nice to finally have an open caseback to enjoy the 1315.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 10:10 AM   #208
rdragon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is a rubber strap for 45mm FF. Although it is 23mm in size, it is made of rubber, so it fits well with the 22mm Air Command. This is not a genuine strap. :)

https://www.instagram.com/tv.classical/
Quote:

My modest BP collection
To both of you...Between your Air Command and your 40mm FF, which do you enjoy wearing more?
rdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2021, 11:49 PM   #209
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Blancpain FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdragon View Post
To both of you...Between your Air Command and your 40mm FF, which do you enjoy wearing more?

Difficult call, I tend to enjoy the Air Command more on the wrist. The AC is the last addition to my collection, but I might change my mind in favor of the 40mm FF in the short future.
Old 10 November 2021, 06:32 PM   #210
nan7yo
"TRF" Member

New FF announced in Taiwan yesterday, not sure how many will be available to the market… The 40mm blue mother pearl dial is beautiful.

nan7yo is offline   Reply With Quote