The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 5 October 2016, 04:17 AM   #181
masyv6
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats on the Aquanaut! Not a fan of it in SS, but it does look nice in RG!
masyv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2016, 05:46 AM   #182
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
thanks man! I am sure the oldest one would be happy to marry a nice guy, she's 24 years old, not for me, i am happily married Start learning russian

Thanks, the dial is amazing, maybe even more than the 5712 blue, good sunburst dial, the nautilus blue and aquanaut brown make an awesome dial pair
зеленая карта.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2016, 12:25 PM   #183
mikeceee
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,Patek,Rolex
Beautiful. And congrats. :)
Old 10 October 2016, 12:14 AM   #184
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by masyv6 View Post
Congrats on the Aquanaut! Not a fan of it in SS, but it does look nice in RG!
Thanks mate, same here, never really liked the SS, nice watch but nothing special IMO, when I buy a Patek I want something soecial that thevSS didn't give IMO, but the RG really pops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
зеленая карта.
Да девушки думают слишком а деньгах, ето не нормально, но мы думаем а маленькие поры, я считаю ето вообще нормально

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeceee View Post
Beautiful. And congrats. :)
Thanks Mike
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2016, 06:04 AM   #185
ELITEVIDEOGAMES
"TRF" Member

Watch: me sell games
Hi Arnaud,

I have to ask what your feelings on this Voutilainen move into Smart Phone styling.
IMO it absolutely cheapens the brand sadly. A Fracnk Muller move into mainstream cash grab for sure, thank god its a limited release in China. I would be worried of other brand collaborations in the future though.
As someone who has a bespoke watch on order does it change your feelings in any way?
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ka...me-want-to-cry
ELITEVIDEOGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2016, 06:10 AM   #186
texex91
"TRF" Member

Forgot about this, Lapince when is your meeting with Kari?

I thought in October??

What did you finalize?
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2016, 03:41 AM   #187
KarlS
Banned

We haven't had any updates other than you meeting him end November. Any pics yet
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2016, 04:25 AM   #188
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
We haven't had any updates other than you meeting him end November. Any pics yet
Only end of November now?

Lapince certainly you've had some pics sent, etc right?

Not sure how process works, other than what Karl shared.

We are looking forward to where you are in process!
Old 28 October 2016, 05:48 AM   #189
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITEVIDEOGAMES View Post
Hi Arnaud,

I have to ask what your feelings on this Voutilainen move into Smart Phone styling.
IMO it absolutely cheapens the brand sadly. A Fracnk Muller move into mainstream cash grab for sure, thank god its a limited release in China. I would be worried of other brand collaborations in the future though.
As someone who has a bespoke watch on order does it change your feelings in any way?
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ka...me-want-to-cry
I think this article, which I am posting, has some good points, the one I prefer is that he designed 180 dials, another Finn did the bezels, and that's it, which with the actual watch market is good, as if ever he has problems with money I would not have liked him to do any part of my watch, or of Karl's, in a lesser way than usual to pay eventual debts.
I know the watch I am getting will be a masterpiece and totally unique, and don't think that this will be a big stain on his work or reputation, had he done this 5 years ago maybe, now his reputation is more than well established as an incredible watch maker, and who proposes his clients something I don't know any other watch maker doing, totally customizable watches, except case, lugs and hands, from serious to very funky, so even if I hadn't already paid 70% of the watch this wouldn't stop me
https://www.revolution.watch/the-mis...on-stops-here/

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Only end of November now?

Lapince certainly you've had some pics sent, etc right?

Not sure how process works, other than what Karl shared.

We are looking forward to where you are in process!
Karl and Paul, basically 90% of the watch is already decided, I exchanged with him many emails on this, he proposed sométhings but I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted from the moment I sent him the first email, if you read my initial thread I totally described it, using pics of other watches. The only thing I am meeting him, and the engraver for, is for the engraving of the caseback, and also to see the exact color for the outer dial, it will be a very dark blue, basically the blue of the outer dial of the RG Vingt-8 with red enamel of his website, I like the petrol blue on the pic website of the basis for mine, but it is already on 2 or 3 Vingt-8 so I want something more unique, dark grey is also very cool, but I love blue, he probably has computer programs which will permit me to see the results of both and which exact tone is the best, so he will start to make it a few months after I meet him, our schedules didn't add up in October, seeing him the 28th, I don't know how he works, does he send pics of elements of the watch when they are made, in which case I will post, or does he just send you the pics or the watch when it is finished, no idea, but it's one of the things I intended to ask him when I see him, will also talk about the phone thing, which I find a little disappointing but nothing special.
Maybe the phones are like the 40th Nautilus editions, you need to see IRL to like them
Old 28 October 2016, 05:56 AM   #190
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't know how he works, does he send pics of elements of the watch when they are made, in which case I will post, or does he just send you the pics or the watch when it is finished, no idea, but it's one of the things I intended to ask him when I see him, will also talk about the phone thing, which I find a little disappointing but nothing special.
Maybe the phones are like the 40th Nautilus editions, you need to see IRL to like them
Look forward to the pics. I hoping for platinum nipples

When you meet him take pics of the phone if he has one.
Old 28 October 2016, 05:58 AM   #191
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Look forward to the pics. I hoping for platinum nipples

When you meet him take pics of the phone if he has one.
Lol will ask if he does
Old 28 October 2016, 12:59 PM   #192
KarlS
Banned

Well he provides CAD's so you should make sure you get so you have a better idea what it looks like
Old 28 October 2016, 01:38 PM   #193
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well he provides CAD's so you should make sure you get so you have a better idea what it looks like
Will definitely ask, thanks my friend
Old 29 October 2016, 08:51 AM   #194
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Did you see the big article and interview with him in Watch Time this month? If not, I'll try to mail it over to you.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2016, 02:59 PM   #195
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
Did you see the big article and interview with him in Watch Time this month? If not, I'll try to mail it over to you.
Yip I subscribe to WatchTime.
Old 6 November 2016, 08:17 AM   #196
JCZ5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
What a fantastic read and journey thus far! Part of my love of great timepieces is the story behind the journey. Having you share that with this community is awesome. Even better when it's a Vingt-8 (oh I can dream). Can't wait for the end of the month to hear updates regarding your meeting with Kari.

Additionally fascinating story about Paris and Odessa. Should I be learning Russian on the side and move? I could learn nuclear engineering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JCZ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2016, 05:15 PM   #197
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
What a fantastic read and journey thus far! Part of my love of great timepieces is the story behind the journey. Having you share that with this community is awesome. Even better when it's a Vingt-8 (oh I can dream). Can't wait for the end of the month to hear updates regarding your meeting with Kari.

Additionally fascinating story about Paris and Odessa. Should I be learning Russian on the side and move? I could learn nuclear engineering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks! Well there will be 2 incomings since Karl is getting one also, maybe other forum members will follow, would be cool.
Old 24 November 2016, 08:04 AM   #198
texex91
"TRF" Member

Lapince, wanted to follow-up and see how the meeting with the big guy went?

Did you get designs to share?

I think you said it was this month your meeting with him.

Come one, don't hold back on sharing info and pics...did you get a cell phone too :-)
Old 24 November 2016, 08:44 AM   #199
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lapince, wanted to follow-up and see how the meeting with the big guy went?

Did you get designs to share?

I think you said it was this month your meeting with him.

Come one, don't hold back on sharing info and pics...did you get a cell phone too :-)
Of course I'll try to negociate a phone with the watch

Yep meeting on the 28th.

About the design it is clear, read the beginning of the thread, I explain how it's going to be and with pics, that model is the reason I wanted a Voutilainen in the first place, he has many very cool dials but I really like this one. The only things we need to discuss is the engraving on the officer case back, the engraver will be there, I looked up things that he did and he is really good, he did all unique engravings for Kari, plus worked on other projects with other brands, and also the exact color of the outer dial, for the rest it's been decided a long time ago

Old 24 November 2016, 09:26 AM   #200
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Of course I'll try to negociate a phone with the watch

Yep meeting on the 28th.

About the design it is clear, read the beginning of the thread, I explain how it's going to be and with pics, that model is the reason I wanted a Voutilainen in the first place, he has many very cool dials but I really like this one. The only things we need to discuss is the engraving on the officer case back, the engraver will be there, I looked up things that he did and he is really good, he did all unique engravings for Kari, plus worked on other projects with other brands, and also the exact color of the outer dial, for the rest it's been decided a long time ago

Old 24 November 2016, 02:07 PM   #201
KarlS
Banned

Could you please tell him that its infintaley more helpful if he spends more time on my watch than swanning around the world at watch shows!! You also better ask if we are both getting the same blue whether there is enoiugh space onb your caseback to engrave "almost a unique piece"? lol
Old 24 November 2016, 04:56 PM   #202
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Could you please tell him that its infintaley more helpful if he spends more time on my watch than swanning around the world at watch shows!! You also better ask if we are both getting the same blue whether there is enoiugh space onb your caseback to engrave "almost a unique piece"? lol
lol Will be sure to tell him Karl, and of course with the engraving the other goal is to see the kind of blue, and choose a different one
Old 26 November 2016, 01:34 AM   #203
KarlS
Banned

Ask why he is now doing 10 run production pieces in titanium. It's a nice maroon
Old 29 November 2016, 03:26 PM   #204
KarlS
Banned

You forget to get off the train? We were expecting pics after your meeting yesterday
Old 29 November 2016, 08:05 PM   #205
lapince
"TRF" Member

I was sick the whole day, when we arrived at Zurich I jumped in bed and slept until now.
Here's a few pics the vingt-8 movement is incredible in real life, it's just perfect.
So I met with the engraver, we talked about what I wanted, and will make a drawing and send it to me.
So here's a few pics but nothing you didn't already see Karl
IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

The first movement is a vingt-8 and the last is a Minute repeater. The wrist on which the watches are is not mine but another member q
Old 29 November 2016, 08:32 PM   #206
Yamazaki
Banned

Amazing. Please post any pictures you got.
Yamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2016, 02:18 AM   #207
KarlS
Banned

Did you discuss the dial with Kari?
Old 30 November 2016, 04:50 AM   #208
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Did you discuss the dial with Kari?
Yes of course, it will be like I said and the outer dial color will be the blue with shades of purple of his GMT like this:
IMG_1817.JPG
Old 30 November 2016, 05:54 AM   #209
texex91
"TRF" Member

I'm confused, you met with Kari or engraver? I thought you were meeting with Kari??

This process seems very sporadic vs what we saw from Karl's experience in designing his.

So what are next steps?
Old 30 November 2016, 06:35 AM   #210
Hollister
Banned

Watch: 114300
Do they have to say "Hand made" on the dial? That's something I'd delete, if possible.
Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote