The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 April 2024, 10:11 PM   #1
vatey
"TRF" Member

Rolex AD no longer be...

Hello,

Yesterday, I stopped by at one of my local AD to follow up on my waitlist and I was really surprised that Rolex's section are empty and no Rolex section anymore. That raised my curiosity whether they are still Rolex AD or not. But they still have pre-owned, not certified, and still update my waitlist. Back home, I checked Rolex and their website, they are no longer Rolex AD. I know that I could not get what was the exact cause but speculation. What could that be to no longer be Rolex AD?

Thanks,
vatey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 10:21 PM   #2
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatey View Post
Hello,

Yesterday, I stopped by at one of my local AD to follow up on my waitlist and I was really surprised that Rolex's section are empty and no Rolex section anymore. That raised my curiosity whether they are still Rolex AD or not. But they still have pre-owned, not certified, and still update my waitlist. Back home, I checked Rolex and their website, they are no longer Rolex AD. I know that I could not get what was the exact cause but speculation. What could that be to no longer be Rolex AD?

Thanks,
Can you share which location? Looks like you’re from Georgia. I moved to Ga form the northeast and will be looking for a AD here at some point soon.
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 10:39 PM   #3
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

100% possible they are no longer an AD. Which retailer are you talking about?
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 10:43 PM   #4
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

You must be referring to Tara fine jewelry. Yes they lost their agent license I believe it was last week or the week before. While I’m not sure if it was the reason, but the owner had no problem telling people upfront that only VIPs got allocated sports watches. They required a huge spend. So I’m guessing the boldness along with lack of space to meet Rolex’s requirements for showcases are probably the reason. Brown and Co is the only AD that truly goes by the list and doesn’t play favorites.
JMGoodnight369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 11:14 PM   #5
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: GP Laureato
Could you not just have asked them when you were in the store?
Scottyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 12:19 AM   #6
rmagoo57
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II/Sub/Exp II
Sad to hear. The Rolex AD nearest me in Brighton, Michigan also just closed. Got an email that they will be closed for 2 weeks to remodel so I checked the store locator on the Rolex site and they were removed. Looks like they lost the Tudor line as well. Hopefully they will still sell pre-owned so I have something to look at when I visit.
rmagoo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 12:21 AM   #7
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
That would’ve been a good start

OP, many smaller AD’s have been dropped over the years. That’s the direction Rolex and other brands seem to be headed in.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 12:30 AM   #8
vatey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGoodnight369 View Post
You must be referring to Tara fine jewelry. Yes they lost their agent license I believe it was last week or the week before. While I’m not sure if it was the reason, but the owner had no problem telling people upfront that only VIPs got allocated sports watches. They required a huge spend. So I’m guessing the boldness along with lack of space to meet Rolex’s requirements for showcases are probably the reason. Brown and Co is the only AD that truly goes by the list and doesn’t play favorites.
Yes, that is correct. That also answer another surprise I found out as well that my waitlist never got updated from my previous visit. Luckily, I got it from other AD. I guess my waitlist them is no longer valid at this point.
Old 18 April 2024, 12:45 AM   #9
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Brown and Co is the only AD that truly goes by the list and doesn’t play favorites.
There is no list, per se. Each SA registers their clients’ “interest” in specific watches. The SAs have their own “list”. When a desirable watch comes in, the manager talks to his SAs and then decides which client to call. It has nothing to do with who asked first, or a numerical order. They could offer that watch to someone who happened to walk in, when the shipment arrived, and wanted one of the watches that was just delivered. There can be several factors involved in whom they choose to call first. Fairness, or “who’s next on an imaginary list” nothing to do with it.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 12:51 AM   #10
ZOOK

Quote:
.... Brown and Co is the only AD that truly goes by the list and doesn’t play favorites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
There is no list, per se. Each SA registers their clients’ “interest” in specific watches. The SAs have their own “list”. When a desirable watch comes in, the manager talks to his SAs and then decides which client to call. It has nothing to do with who asked first, or a numerical order. They could offer that watch to someone who happened to walk in, when the shipment arrived, and wanted one of the watches that was just delivered. There can be several factors involved in whom they choose to call first. Fairness, or “who’s next on an imaginary list” nothing to do with it.

Both of these statements can be true. Each AD operates differently.
ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 01:37 AM   #11
WatchTimes

Watch: It's a Rolex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmagoo57 View Post
Sad to hear. The Rolex AD nearest me in Brighton, Michigan also just closed. Got an email that they will be closed for 2 weeks to remodel so I checked the store locator on the Rolex site and they were removed. Looks like they lost the Tudor line as well. Hopefully they will still sell pre-owned so I have something to look at when I visit.
Have you checked out the Tappers in Novi?
They really built a nice store and have a great selection.
Like all ADs Rolex is HARD to get.
Im about 15 minutes from there myself

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 01:55 AM   #12
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
Quote:
Yes, that is correct. That also answer another surprise I found out as well that my waitlist never got updated from my previous visit. Luckily, I got it from other AD. I guess my waitlist them is no longer valid at this point.
it proofs again the whole waitlist is a lie. they took down your personal info and could be sold to other marketing companies.

i would not do business again with this jewelry store since they aren't transparent about their AD status
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 01:55 AM   #13
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Good question.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 02:05 AM   #14
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofoyster View Post
it proofs again the whole waitlist is a lie. they took down your personal info and could be sold to other marketing companies.

i would not do business again with this jewelry store since they aren't transparent about their AD status

Sounds like they did not want to admit they lost their AD status.

Kat

KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 03:04 AM   #15
GONZO2LR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
Quote:
He didnt want to rock the boat...just in case they call him cuz he on the waiting list...
GONZO2LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 03:36 AM   #16
Jasb
"TRF" Member

Same thing happened to me here in Tx. Had my name on the “list” and went in and poof, no more Rolex. Kinda sucks when they close or take the brand away and you still think you’re just waiting.
Jasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 05:54 AM   #17
vatey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofoyster View Post

It could be, I guess. Well, fortunately, I got AD that willing to establish business with new customer.
Old 18 April 2024, 04:12 PM   #18
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONZO2LR View Post
He didnt want to rock the boat...just in case they call him cuz he on the waiting list...
It is truly amazing the lengths people go to not 'offend' their SA, by not asking the most simple of questions. They'd rather come home, spend an hour on the internet looking and then ask a forum of people located all over the world, than ask a very simple question to an employee while in the store...
Old 18 April 2024, 04:44 PM   #19
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Quote:
It is truly amazing the lengths people go to not 'offend' their SA, by not asking the most simple of questions. They'd rather come home, spend an hour on the internet looking and then ask a forum of people located all over the world, than ask a very simple question to an employee while in the store...
Couldn’t put it better myself.
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 10:02 PM   #20
77T

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks,

Wow...
I was just there a month ago. I noticed the empty exhibition cases.

This must be Tara, right?

The only Atlanta ADs currently listed are Brown&Co + Mayors, each having two locations for a total of four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 10:09 PM   #21
77T

For those wondering why OP didn't ask a direct question...I can understand your curiosity. But also consider the other side of the coin.

Here's my take:
Discretion is the better part of valor.

Politeness would indicate one doesn't ask a friend (whose wedding ring is suddenly missing) did you get divorced?

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 11:22 PM   #22
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Brown and Co is the only AD that truly goes by the list and doesn’t play favorites.

If Kirk Cousins or Trae Young walks in and wants a Daytona, do you think they are going to be told they have to wait on the list like everyone else?
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 11:23 PM   #23
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Old 18 April 2024, 11:24 PM   #24
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
For those wondering why OP didn't ask a direct question...I can understand your curiosity. But also consider the other side of the coin.

Here's my take:
Discretion is the better part of valor.

Politeness would indicate one doesn't ask a friend (whose wedding ring is suddenly missing) did you get divorced?

Well, that’s certainly one way of looking at it.

Another, is that asking a simple question and receiving a direct answer, can save a lot of time. The fact that the shop even updated his ‘wishlist’ is another red flag, and tells me that the shop is happy to waste this customers time. Not sure that is a relationship worth keeping!

Also, if you can't ask a friend why they are not wearing a their wedding ring, are they even a friend?
Old 18 April 2024, 11:41 PM   #25
rmagoo57

Watch: GMT II/Sub/Exp II
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTimes View Post
Have you checked out the Tappers in Novi?
They really built a nice store and have a great selection.
Like all ADs Rolex is HARD to get.
Im about 15 minutes from there myself
Yes. I'm thinking they knew that the Brighton AD would eventually close before they built the Taj Mahal store in Novi. They also got the Omega line from a Livonia jeweler a while back and added the CPO program. They are well set up for the future!
rmagoo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 03:17 AM   #26
Redfoot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos FXD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmagoo57 View Post
Yes. I'm thinking they knew that the Brighton AD would eventually close before they built the Taj Mahal store in Novi. They also got the Omega line from a Livonia jeweler a while back and added the CPO program. They are well set up for the future!
Yes, they have been very tactical. Remodeling the Somerset store as well. I was happy when they got Omega- I did not like that other shop in Livonia. Ordered a Speedmaster right when they got the line in. They have been very good to work with- Datejust for my wife, FXD for me right when it came out and was hard to get, Speedmaster, and they have been honest about BLNR- no misleading or hinting at buying other stuff, just telling me there is a list, I am on it, and it might take a really long time. I am OK with that- not in any rush, and might go grey if the feeling swoops over me.

I am surprised Medawar is holding on in Fenton- they have a few stores, only one carries Rolex, but not Tudor. Tiny Rolex section and kind of an odd area for an AD.
Redfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 03:52 AM   #27
vesnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
Wondering if more AD's will lose their crown as Rolex starts to focus on the company owned stores?
vesnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 12:37 PM   #28
RollingInTheDeep
"TRF" Member

This, again, is why for certain watches those consider "grails," going secondary makes the most sense from both a certainty and cost perspective.

Spending years of being told they are on a list - which as folks mention is usually code for we'll take down what you want but it's really getting allocated based on customer spend" - and buying watches with the hope you create a "history" to get to the day you "get the call" for the Dayonta, just to learn it can all instantly evaporate.
RollingInTheDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 09:21 PM   #29
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:

Kat

Unfortunately so true.
Old 22 April 2024, 07:30 AM   #30
RollingInTheDeep
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Kat

I believe the more folks that realize this the greater possibility things will change as it will impact consumer behavior.
RollingInTheDeep is offline   Reply With Quote