The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 February 2023, 05:55 AM   #31
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Good questions

Low 32xx amplitudes are the key observable to determine if a movement has caught the virus already or not yet.

A 32xx will not fail after such a 'discovery', but the owner will know that his watch will develop serious timekeeping problems in the coming weeks or months.

It does not matter when you discover it but you can be sure that the movement is sick (or not).

Anyhow, I do not want to spoil any accuracy party! But to say "my watch is 0.0 after a month" (or a week) is meaningless because it also depends when exactly you are reading it.

If the OP would have shown a Watch Tracker result then we all would see that his DJ41 (3235) is oscillating around 0.0, which is absolutely normal due to positional rate differences (as he described in post 1).

Look at my graph for two 32xx watches in post 20. They showed this excellent timekeeping but were already sick.

Most here will be happy when it runs within spec by daily wear and playing with overnight position .
What will be noticed by most is a drop in a few seconds suddenly .

I wonder if there has been any proof that Rolex has, in any way, found a solution for the low amplitude and slower running ?
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2023, 06:04 AM   #32
swexlin
"TRF" Member

I am curious about something. Does working on your laptop (which I do 8-10 hours a day) affect how the watch runs? I ask because my most accurate watches (DJ 41, Tudor BB Chrono, and my still new, 1month old SD 43) have been around my computer the least.

In addition to my DeepSea SD (mentioned above, just sent it to RSC), my Tudor 925 and my Tudor Diet Pepsi (bought Feb 21, so a year now) always ran +1 or 2 spd. Both, within the last week or so, have been running 3-4 spd slow. WTF? I have worn them around my computer a little more.

I thinking about taking my watches off when I'm on the laptop. I refuse to believe that withing the last month, three of my watches which were within spec are suddenly not. Maybe it's aliens....
swexlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 02:21 AM   #33
swexlin
"TRF" Member

Anyone know the answer to my question above?
Old 14 February 2023, 03:33 AM   #34
mrmahdi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swexlin View Post
I am curious about something. Does working on your laptop (which I do 8-10 hours a day) affect how the watch runs? I ask because my most accurate watches (DJ 41, Tudor BB Chrono, and my still new, 1month old SD 43) have been around my computer the least.

In addition to my DeepSea SD (mentioned above, just sent it to RSC), my Tudor 925 and my Tudor Diet Pepsi (bought Feb 21, so a year now) always ran +1 or 2 spd. Both, within the last week or so, have been running 3-4 spd slow. WTF? I have worn them around my computer a little more.

I thinking about taking my watches off when I'm on the laptop. I refuse to believe that withing the last month, three of my watches which were within spec are suddenly not. Maybe it's aliens....
Good question. The newer Rolex watch movements are mostly antimagnetic for the most part so it shouldn’t really affect accuracy if you’re near computers. It could be the wearing patterns, temperature, etc that are affecting accuracy.

I recommend using a timegrapher or going to a reliable watchmaker to check out the accuracy.
mrmahdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 03:35 AM   #35
mrmahdi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Most here will be happy when it runs within spec by daily wear and playing with overnight position .
What will be noticed by most is a drop in a few seconds suddenly .

I wonder if there has been any proof that Rolex has, in any way, found a solution for the low amplitude and slower running ?
I think if you had your watch checked out by the RSC, they might be able to fix that issue with low amplitude by doing an overhaul.
Old 14 February 2023, 03:50 AM   #36
swexlin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmahdi View Post
Good question. The newer Rolex watch movements are mostly antimagnetic for the most part so it shouldn’t really affect accuracy if you’re near computers. It could be the wearing patterns, temperature, etc that are affecting accuracy.

I recommend using a timegrapher or going to a reliable watchmaker to check out the accuracy.
Thank you. I have checked these with my Timegrapher, and they generally confirm with what I see when I check them after 24 hours with my app, or TIme.gov. It's actually the two Tudors as well that I mentioned. So it's a mystery.
Old 15 February 2023, 07:10 AM   #37
tifosi
"TRF" Member

Just wanted to chime in with my experience with my latest 3235 in my 126619LB. The first 2 weeks I owned it, I rested it dial up on my watch stand at night. Over those 2 weeks it was running about +2.5 sec/d. I decided to start resting it crown up to attempt to slow it down a bit. After 10 days of resting it crown up at night it is down to +1.7 sec/day. More than happy with with that. Honestly I really didn't care if it ran +2.5, but I was curious.

BTW I'm not using a timegrapher or anything. This is just by using the clock in the Hodinkee app.
Old 15 February 2023, 07:58 AM   #38
Mrngrz46
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Source: Rolex.com (12.02.2023)
Spirate omega system entered the chat
Mrngrz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2023, 08:35 AM   #39
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
For me, my Platona ran plus one second over a month while on my wrist continuously. I was pretty impressed.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2023, 09:10 AM   #40
RFC
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1968 5513 Sub
Quote:
Greetings,

I’ve written several posts on the accuracy of my Datejust 41 (3235 movement) and I decided to see how accurate my watch can be after a month.

After 30 days, it is 0.0 accuracy. Not a second gained or lost.

To be transparent, when I wear my watch, it can gain anywhere from 0.3-1 second a day (which is absolutely amazing). At night, in its resting position, it often wipes away what the watch lost during the day. Hence, after a month, perfect timing.

I mentioned in previous posts that I had my watch regulated by a watchmaker after the RSC failed (twice) here in Beverly Hills in making it accurate. I do believe with regulation and resting positions, the watch can get as close to 0.0 accuracy or even attain it like I did.
Have you tried wearing it at all times including at night? No self regulation. I assume you leave it resting at night dial up which gains time. I guess it would lose time with continuous 24 hr. use but still be within spec. This is what my 3230 Sub does.
RFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2023, 10:58 AM   #41
mrmahdi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFC View Post
Have you tried wearing it at all times including at night? No self regulation. I assume you leave it resting at night dial up which gains time. I guess it would lose time with continuous 24 hr. use but still be within spec. This is what my 3230 Sub does.
Yes I have worn my watch while I was sleeping. Just to correct a typo in my post you quoted: I meant to say I lose time (0.3-1 second a day) and then at night gain that back when I rest my watch with the dial up.

When I wear it while I’m sleeping, it loses some time.
Old 15 February 2023, 04:38 PM   #42
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Perfect 0.0 Accuracy After One Month: Rolex Amazingness

Quote:
Yes I have worn my watch while I was sleeping. Just to correct a typo in my post you quoted: I meant to say I lose time (0.3-1 second a day) and then at night gain that back when I rest my watch with the dial up.

When I wear it while I’m sleeping, it loses some time.
In another thread you mentioned using Watch Tracker. How does its graph look for the 30 days of your DJ41 which you present in this thread?
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2023, 06:00 PM   #43
mrmahdi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
In another thread you mentioned using Watch Tracker. How does its graph look for the 30 days of your DJ41 which you present in this thread?
I copied and pasted the graphs but the file format is too big and I don’t know how to resize it.
Old 16 February 2023, 05:35 AM   #44
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
Give it a few years until the amplitude issue rears it’s ugly head. Mine has just gone on for warranty work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 05:45 PM   #45
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I copied and pasted the graphs but the file format is too big and I don’t know how to resize it.
Use tapatalk to upload screenshots from your Watch Tracker app, no issues with file size there.
Old 17 February 2023, 05:55 PM   #46
federalgemlab
"TRF" Member

Have 2 GMT’s Pepsi and Batman, Milgauss, Bluesy, and a 1680 and none of them keep time as well as you have described. It’s pretty accurate if I compare against my phone for about 2 weeks max.

federalgemlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 08:32 PM   #47
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Very strange that a few members love to slag off the 32 movements at every opportunity.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 08:46 PM   #48
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax

Possibly all those people who have had issues with it, Peter?

Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2023, 09:09 PM   #49
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona

Not quite zero.
Old 18 February 2023, 12:44 AM   #50
WatchMySix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post

Not quite zero.

Do you wear it everyday? Here's mine over 27 days. There is variance for sure but no where near the plummet you're experiencing.

WatchMySix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2023, 12:48 AM   #51
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchMySix View Post
Do you wear it everyday? Here's mine over 27 days. There is variance for sure but no where near the plummet you're experiencing.

Sorry what? You're reading it wrong I think.

Sent from my iPhone using SpyBalloon
Old 18 February 2023, 12:48 AM   #52
Ollie1982
Banned

Watch: Sub, Exp, DJ & Pam
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Very strange that a few members love to slag off the 32 movements at every opportunity.
Not strange at all Padi. I have been lucky enough to own 2 Rolex watches with 32 series movements and both have been around 15-20 seconds per day slow after 12-18 months of use.

So when you spend many multiple thousands of pounds on a Rolex, it would be nice if the movement performed as intended.
Ollie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2023, 01:12 AM   #53
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchMySix View Post
I think you do not understand this graph correctly.

You must forget the offset (-16 s) at the start (t = 0).

This Submariner gained only 2.7 seconds in 38 days, which is super good.

Without knowing the details, it seems that the timekeeping of this movement can be adapted by wearing-time and resting position (and duration).

Old 18 February 2023, 01:23 AM   #54
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrngrz46 View Post
Spirate omega system entered the chat
I know ...

"OMEGA's Spirate System includes a revolutionary new spiral which can be fine-tuned to achieve certified precision of only 0/+2 seconds a day."
Old 18 February 2023, 07:50 AM   #55
WatchMySix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think you do not understand this graph correctly.

You must forget the offset (-16 s) at the start (t = 0).

This Submariner gained only 2.7 seconds in 38 days, which is super good.

Without knowing the details, it seems that the timekeeping of this movement can be adapted by wearing-time and resting position (and duration).

I understand the graph, I misread the starting offset of -16 s, which was so diligently pointed out by you. The direction of the lines trajectory made me assume it started at +/- 0 s.

WatchMySix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2023, 06:13 PM   #56
mrmahdi
"TRF" Member

Here are the graphs after 44.5 days (in three parts):

Old 25 February 2023, 10:40 PM   #57
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the graphs.

Confirms the expectation. Watch Tracker (Offsets) shows the usual day-night fluctuations, depending on wearing and rest positioning time, with some few moments where perfect timekeeping (0 seconds deviation compared to the reference time) is observed.

The best possible result would be to keep the white curve always as close as possible to the 0 line without too large excursions.

Anyhow, what you present is a nice result!

Old 25 February 2023, 11:55 PM   #58
Tridor
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD, DJ, SubC Date
Glad that you got a good one. Generally, I'm not a fan of the 32xx because of so many reported instances of warranty returns to RSC.
Old 26 February 2023, 01:05 AM   #59
mrmahdi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the graphs.

Confirms the expectation. Watch Tracker (Offsets) shows the usual day-night fluctuations, depending on wearing and rest positioning time, with some few moments where perfect timekeeping (0 seconds deviation compared to the reference time) is observed.

The best possible result would be to keep the white curve always as close as possible to the 0 line without too large excursions.

Anyhow, what you present is a nice result!

The variations I’ve noticed that definitely based on how much I wear it and how much it’s in a resting position. But even with that, when wearing it I might lose 0.3 to 1 seconds a day. I gain that at night so the accuracy ends up being spot on.
Old 26 February 2023, 01:07 AM   #60
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Totally agree, it’s like there is an agenda!