The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 18 July 2021, 02:02 AM   #1
Melissaw1010
"TRF" Member

I’m in love with the ladies version and contacted my AD. I would want to be able to put a rouleaux bracelet on it but not sure if possible. Hate rubber straps and think esp with diamonds is too casual . My first Galactic with diamond bezel was new and learned about the major depreciation value quickly with Breitling and now try to purchase all mine pre owned. That color is so beautiful and if I wait not sure how many (and how long) it would take to find one in the pre owned market. Such a tough decision
Melissaw1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2021, 05:45 AM   #2
train-time
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissaw1010 View Post
I’m in love with the ladies version and contacted my AD. I would want to be able to put a rouleaux bracelet on it but not sure if possible. Hate rubber straps and think esp with diamonds is too casual . My first Galactic with diamond bezel was new and learned about the major depreciation value quickly with Breitling and now try to purchase all mine pre owned. That color is so beautiful and if I wait not sure how many (and how long) it would take to find one in the pre owned market. Such a tough decision
This is the case with many other luxury brands and if you are a flipper then perhaps these brands are not for you. My AD typically allows me 25% off on Breitling, Omega, IWC and usually on some Tudor models and 20% on Cartier. This helps with the hit, but if I were to flip them then I would still take a bit of a loss in the market. The key is to get in at the best price you can and love it. Don't buy it as an investment.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2021, 12:28 AM   #3
Ozboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post
This is the case with many other luxury brands and if you are a flipper then perhaps these brands are not for you. My AD typically allows me 25% off on Breitling, Omega, IWC and usually on some Tudor models and 20% on Cartier. This helps with the hit, but if I were to flip them then I would still take a bit of a loss in the market. The key is to get in at the best price you can and love it. Don't buy it as an investment.
Well said.

I am convinced that Breitling has become the goto watch for the horologist/collector. So many watchmakers I know swear by the B01 movement as now arguably one of the (if not the) best Chrono movements to come out of Switzerland in the last ten years, so good that even Tudor is using them. The modular movement concept is a watchmaker's dream. Taking watches back from "investors" and flippers isn't all bad in my books.
Ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote