The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 2 May 2024, 05:10 AM   #1
Rolexadmirer51
"TRF" Member

Jomashop vs Chrono24

Went to my local Cartier AD yesterday. Thinking of buying a new watch when I decided to look up the prices on Jomashop and Chrono24.

Is there any disadvantage to buying a new watch from either of these companies instead of the Ad?
Rolexadmirer51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 05:15 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Jomashop is a Grey Dealer, a legitimate business that imports new watches, bypassing the authorized dealer network.

Chrono24 is a platform with thousands of different sellers, both good and bad, mostly selling used watches.
Old 2 May 2024, 05:45 AM   #3
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
If you purchase new from Jomashop you won't generally get the factory warranty. They offer their own warranty. I have bought from them in the past but only less expensive watches.
Old 2 May 2024, 05:02 PM   #4
agriculture&watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss Made
Jomashop Is better in my opinion
Old 5 May 2024, 12:33 AM   #5
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Think of Chrono 24 as similar to eBay, but sell watches and watch related items only. Jomashop is a good way to save money on new watches. I have used them, as well. I’ve been very satisfied with their service.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 02:38 AM   #6
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
I've purchased a couple watches from Jomashop. One for my mother and I got my Omega AT 8900 from them two years ago. They are legit and have great service and reasonable prices on most watches. Only downside is that you don't get the manufactures warrantee. Like mentioned above they'll give you, their warranty for two years with most purchases.
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 03:03 AM   #7
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
You cannot buy anything from Chrono, only from the people advertising there.
Due diligence is very much required
Old 5 May 2024, 07:43 AM   #8
Enzo954
"TRF" Member

I bought a brand new Montblanc watch from an actual authorized MB dealer on Chrono24 based in Italy a few years ago. I'm in the USA. When I received the watch, I noticed the second hand would stop off and on.

I contacted the seller via Chrono24 within an hour of receiving it. The dealer in Italy blamed me and said the watch is brand new. They told me to take it to my nearest MB dealer and MB would honor the warranty. Shipping it back insured would cost me about $400 plus I would have to eat the cost of them initially shipping it to me. There's a MB dealer close by, so I went there and I was told...Sorry, you bought it from another country via Chrono24 and that MB dealer didn't enter you into the computer system. The warranty card wasn't filled out correctly blah blah blah, tough luck. Would you like to buy a fancy pen to go with your broken watch? :(

Got a repair estimate from a local shop for about $800. Chrono24 ended up giving me back about $400 to resolve the issue and to cover part of the repair costs. I had to pay the rest out of pocket. The seller got to keep all of the money. I'll never buy a watch from another country again. Lesson learned.
Enzo954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2024, 03:15 AM   #9
bocaxx
"TRF" Member

Priced a PM Cartier Santos at an AD 36k. Bought same watch brand new from Jomashop for 24k. Runs flawlessly but if I did experience an issue I Would have paid Cartier for the service. How much could it possibly be. Of course they might even service it for free since it's a new watch. Oh, don't believe I was charged sales tax. Would have been another couple of thousand. Smooth as a transaction could be
bocaxx is offline   Reply With Quote