The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 January 2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many to narrow
FS: A Series Rolex Submariner 11610

I won’t get into the nitty gritty details of why I am doing this other than the fact that I will be moving away for business in the next few months and want to open up a decent amount of additional funds to account for the process before and during my time away. So without further introduction…

Up for sale is one of the most iconic watches ever made: A genuine A Series Rolex Submariner 11610

I’m sure you all know about Submariners, but allow me to give you a little history lesson about this model in particular:

The A series Sub was made during 1998 – 1999. This was the first series of Subs that introduced luminova dials to the public versus tritium. What is unique about the dial on this specific model is that this was one of the few A series models that utilizes the “SWISS MADE” logo on the bottom of the dial as the majority of the dials manufactured only said “SWISS” on the bottom. Subsequently, after this production, all other Submariner series made incorporated the “SWISS MADE” logo on the bottom of their dials.

The watch is powered by the in-house built Rolex 3135 movement – a true work of art and workhorse. From an accuracy standpoint, this watch is +/- 1 second per 24 hours which is well within COSC standards and depending on the timing of when you wear the watch and have it off, can truly run at +/-0 seconds per day which it has been for me for the past 3 weeks with my normal routine of taking the watch off and placing it face up on my nightstand when I sleep. On a full charge the watch has no problem operating at minimum of 40 hours with no additional movement. For a 13 year old watch to run like this is a true testament of not only the Rolex 3135 movement, but the impact that a good service can also have on a watch.

I originally purchased this watch from a local Chicagoian back in November of last year. He had originally purchased the watch pre-owned from Tourneau in downtown Chicago on Michigan Ave. back in 2006. He then had the watch completely serviced by one of the only authorized Rolex Service Centers in the state of Illinois – Sutter’s Watch Repair in November 2010.

During the service, the movement was completely overhauled and cleaned, the gaskets were replaced, and lubed, the case was polished and refinished, and the watch was waterproofed and water tested. Please reference the below pictures for an image of the actual work order invoice which will be included with the purchase of this watch. Everything else other than the rubber gaskets on the watch is all original.

Because the watch was purchased pre-owned from Tourneau, it did not come with the original box, warranty paperwork, etc. Here is what it will come with:

• Immaculate condition Rolex Daytona polished wood box (much better than the Submariner boxes)

• Original green Rolex cardboard box

• Rolex Submariner instruction manual

• “The Care of Your Rolex” booklet

• Tourneau 2-Year warranty booklet signed back in 2006

• Rolex Service Center work order/invoice dated November 15, 2010

• Green velvet Rolex polishing cloth case (included whenever you get your Rolex serviced by an authorized Rolex service center)

• Rolex polishing cloth (included whenever you get your Rolex serviced by an authorized Rolex service center)

• All original 13 bracelet links

• The Submariner of course!

You can tell by the pictures that the watch was well cared for. It was a daily wearer for the original owner I purchased from and it was my daily wearer for the past 3 months. I did polish the bracelet tonight to remove a lot of the daily wear marks that it got from me.

My asking price for this watch is NET $4,300 which does not include the additional price for insured, next day shipping. Once I determine the buyer we will need to figure out the preferred method of shipment and cost before payment is sent.

My preference is to do a local face to face cash only deal here in the Chicagoland area. However, if need be, my second preferred option would be wire transfer.

I can not reiterate more the ridiculous deal this is for a SERVICED Rolex Submariner. Not only will you not find a Submariner on the market right now even close to my asking price, but the majority o f them also have no service history, so it’s a crapshoot if you will end up with a watch not running within COSC standard and have to cough up over $600 for a service.

I am relatively new to this forum, but I have no problem providing my own personal credentials to validate myself as a good seller here. I reserve the right to select the buyer based on my own criteria. Please do not send me any lowball offers as your message will simply be ignored.
If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

All pictures below were taken 1/28/12:

[/IMG]

Below pictures taken randomly during the past 3 months:

Daylight.

Last edited by Welshwatchman; 30 January 2012 at 06:06 PM..
Spikedlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

ttt

Last edited by mailman; 1 February 2012 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: only one bump allowed every 48 hrs
Old 3 February 2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

bump

Pictures are required. If not posted in 12 hours, the ad will be removed.

Last edited by mailman; 3 February 2012 at 08:49 PM..
Old 8 February 2012, 01:32 PM   #4
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

ttt
Old 11 February 2012, 12:33 PM   #5
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

ttt
Old 13 February 2012, 01:59 PM   #6
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

Price drop to $4150 net + shipping
Old 15 February 2012, 05:00 PM   #7
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

Bump
Old 7 November 2012, 02:25 PM   #8
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

Opening this one back up for sale for local Chicago deals ONLY at $4300 cash and pick up.
Old 13 November 2012, 01:39 AM   #9
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

Opening this one back up for sale for local Chicago deals ONLY at $4300 cash and pick up.
Old 17 November 2012, 07:36 AM   #10
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

ttt
Old 26 November 2012, 02:12 PM   #11
Spikedlee
"TRF" Member

ttt