The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 March 2024, 05:03 AM   #61
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Life is too short to get beaten or killed for your watch. Get a travel watch. To me that's way more liberating than wearing a watch you have to worry about.
Very true
karleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 11:27 AM   #62
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
I take two to three all the time.
Currently preparing for a 32 day trip, flying to Sydney then transpacific. For this one, Pepsi and Olive DD are going for the ride.
Old 30 March 2024, 11:38 AM   #63
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

I took my Sub Date to Las Vegas a few months after getting it.

I had a rather alarming interaction in an elevator but everything turned out ok. Nothing really happened but a dude was asking me about it and as he walked away he advised I “better take care of that watch”.

I haven’t worn it on vacation since… until this week, I wore it to Orlando FL and never received even a glance.

It’s my grail and I want to make memories with it for myself and my family :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lesnerelli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 12:07 PM   #64
Achtung6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Diver
Taking a grail watch on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
I was working in Aruba back in 2008 and we thought we'd be done with our work a day or two early, so it was the first time my wife traveled w/ me. Turned out we did have a couple days to enjoy the Island.

While relaxing on the beach I saw a guy wearing a 16710 and congratulated him on having the best travel watch in the world. The guy's face turned white with alarm as if I was stalking him as potential prey. He quickly moved on so fast he didn't notice I was wearing the exact same watch.
dP

I had this happen in Costco. I inside the warehouse by the large coolers. Guy with a green bezel sub freaked when I complimented him. Had he looked at my wrist he would have noticed my Rolesor Sea Dweller 43. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Achtung6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 01:02 PM   #65
CedCraig
"TRF" Member

I took my ‘22 Air King scuba diving in Thailand and felt totally safe and enjoyed the watch. However, I’ve traveled and gone diving there a lot and had the watch on a NATO strap, so it really flew under the radar.

In July I’ll go paragliding in Colombia but I’m not going to bring the Air King.

People talk about insurance solving all issues, but being the victim of a violent crime is a bigger concern to me. When I travel I’m usually solo and don’t stay in upscale resorts. I mix with the hoi polloi, though I am pretty sensible when it comes to being aware of my surroundings.

image0.jpeg
CedCraig is offline   Reply With Quote