The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 April 2024, 07:08 PM   #1
Daniel23456
"TRF" Member

What is going on with 32xx Rolex movements

Hey folks,

I wrote about the Explorer 124270 a few years back, then I wrote about the Exp II 226570 as well, but I see it all over and I am really struggling to understand how Rolex does not fix it.

The 32xx is running horribly compared to the 31xx. I have two 31xx that are running so consistently and two 32xx that are consistently annoying.

I am honestly considering moving my 226570 Explorer II for another 5 digit reference at the moment. I honestly find the 5 digits to be way more comfortable and in my case- more reliable. I don’t really understand how people can really tolerate that or maybe it is just the Rolex fans pay more attention to the desirability at the moment more than the quality.

Sorry if it hurts anyone, I am just very frustrated with my 6 digits at the moment.
Daniel23456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 07:32 PM   #2
WalterE
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many says wife
Sorry to hear about your obvious pain and frustration.

My 225670 runs about 0.5+ a day consistently at the moment. Worn 24/7, even at night. Cannot complain!

Drop it at the AD for a checkup if it is significantly and consistently out of spec when worn. That's what warranty is for.
WalterE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 07:40 PM   #3
Tbird
"TRF" Member

I had my 126200 checked and serviced under warranty this year. Was also running very slow. Now for almost 3 months very consistant, a bit on fast side. Maybe they install better parts now that the movement is a fewyears old. A service can do good!
Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 07:43 PM   #4
crapvegaspodcast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel23456 View Post
Hey folks,

I wrote about the Explorer 124270 a few years back, then I wrote about the Exp II 226570 as well, but I see it all over and I am really struggling to understand how Rolex does not fix it.

The 32xx is running horribly compared to the 31xx. I have two 31xx that are running so consistently and two 32xx that are consistently annoying.

I am honestly considering moving my 226570 Explorer II for another 5 digit reference at the moment. I honestly find the 5 digits to be way more comfortable and in my case- more reliable. I don’t really understand how people can really tolerate that or maybe it is just the Rolex fans pay more attention to the desirability at the moment more than the quality.

Sorry if it hurts anyone, I am just very frustrated with my 6 digits at the moment.
The issue has been fixed. Take your 226570 to RSC to be fixed if it's running slow
crapvegaspodcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 07:45 PM   #5
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
I agree that I often have to recalibrate my Rolex with that series do caliber. It’s a bit frustrating but then, I remember that my ROC was 10/s day off and I was told it was ok.
Henrimontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 07:47 PM   #6
Daniel23456
"TRF" Member

I am very much traumatized taking my watch to RSC. They do not look after the watch to the standards that I’d be comfortable with so it is not an option for me as I might end up being more frustrated with scratches I didn’t cause or a hair in the dial or a messed up caseback.

I find it inexcusable having to go to an RSC even under warranty, to fix issues like these.
Old 28 April 2024, 07:49 PM   #7
crapvegaspodcast
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am very much traumatized taking my watch to RSC. They do not look after the watch to the standards that I’d be comfortable with so it is not an option for me as I might end up being more frustrated with scratches I didn’t cause or a hair in the dial or a messed up caseback.

I find it inexcusable having to go to an RSC even under warranty, to fix issues like these.

I don't think mechanical watches are for you.
crapvegaspodcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 07:53 PM   #8
Daniel23456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapvegaspodcast View Post

I don't think mechanical watches are for you.
Not true… I am having a blast with my vintage Omegas & Rolexes & Breitling. But when I buy a modern Rolex that claims to keep +-2 seconds per day and receive a -12 result it is very unacceptable. I have a 14060m never serviced that is still keeping consistently +2 seconds per day and jumps to +4 consistently when not worn face up. So I disagree, I enjoy mechanical watches very much.
Old 28 April 2024, 08:22 PM   #9
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Not true… I am having a blast with my vintage Omegas & Rolexes & Breitling. But when I buy a modern Rolex that claims to keep +-2 seconds per day and receive a -12 result it is very unacceptable. I have a 14060m never serviced that is still keeping consistently +2 seconds per day and jumps to +4 consistently when not worn face up. So I disagree, I enjoy mechanical watches very much.
No what they claim watch has been tested in a controlled environment to a precision of -2+2 seconds at time of testing, but on the wrist wearing could vary slightly as on the wrist there are many variables to over come, such as different positions, mainspring power-reserve plus many others out of 86400 seconds in a day.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 08:37 PM   #10
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
“Running horribly” ?? Not my experience with the two I have.
Spartacus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 09:17 PM   #11
Roddyricch
"TRF" Member

My 126200 runs great. Rolex has great CC for the size of production they do, but there will always be defects. It seems like you’ve received a defect, just take it to a RSC or be stubborn and have a defective watch!
Roddyricch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 09:19 PM   #12
thegrandseirolexguy
"TRF" Member

What is going on with 32xx Rolex movements

Timing results on my 2 year-old 126622 yacht-master. I wear it on my left hand and leave it dial up overnight.

I thought it was out of spec so I took it to RSC.

They clarified that the +\-2 SPD guarantee is based on the average of all 6 test positions. Mine tested -1.8/s on average.

And there’s a tolerance standard for the maximum deviation between each position.

Can you clarify how wonky your 32xx series Rolexes run, OP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thegrandseirolexguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 09:22 PM   #13
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
My 3235s are hit and miss:

- 2020 TTSub41: 0.5 s/d (average when worn, with HU position at rest)
- 2017 SD43: -6 s/d (average on timegrapher)

My 3135 is doing great: 2014 YM 116622 running at +1 s/d (average when worn)
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 09:23 PM   #14
Cwall12345
"TRF" Member

My 126613 was running poorly as well. Took it for service, got it back and it was still losing time (but better). After a week of consistent wear it settled down and is now running less than -1 per day. About -3 per week.

Hopefully it lasts.
Cwall12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 09:23 PM   #15
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
If you don’t want to have it serviced, and the time keeping bothers you, sell the watch and move on
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 10:04 PM   #16
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
I know there's been a lot of complaints with the 32xx movement but I've had zero issues with any of mine since 2018.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 10:17 PM   #17
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
I know there's been a lot of complaints with the 32xx movement but I've had zero issues with any of mine since 2018.
Same here and many today blown out of all proportion by some members.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 10:26 PM   #18
EzraPound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am very much traumatized taking my watch to RSC.
Surely the language used must be hyperbolical.

EzraPound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 10:27 PM   #19
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I don’t really understand how people can really tolerate that or maybe it is just the Rolex fans pay more attention to the desirability at the moment more than the quality.
If it happened to me more than once I would not tolerate it, but it hasn't happened. Both my 1267 watches functioned perfectly and the one I still own is faultless. I don't like the gritty feel of the movement compared to my smooth and silent 31 based watches and I don't need the bigger power reserve, but neither of these are deal breakers.

Personal experience is all we can go on. I've had two of my 31 based watches fail within their original five year warranty periods. Both had failed mainsprings. The next Rolex I buy will have a 32 based movement and I'm not remotely concerned based on what I know (so far), as opposed to what strangers tell me. Perspective is paramount.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 10:28 PM   #20
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
The issue has been fixed. Take your 226570 to RSC to be fixed if it's running slow
That’s the first time I hear about a fix. Care to share what was the solution to the low amplitude problems with this movement ?
Old 28 April 2024, 10:43 PM   #21
vesnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
I have several GMT's with the 3285 movment purchased between 2019 and 2024. The first GMT I purchased showd the same issues as other with the 32xx movement. I sent it back for service under warranty and it has kept excellent time since. None of my other GMT's have any issues and they all keep excellent time currently.
vesnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 10:43 PM   #22
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Wow, lots of leeway given to Rolex on these known movement issues more than a few have experienced. Not too long ago the mobs & pitchforks crowd went apoplectic over the now fixed skipping date issue on the BB GMT because Tudor didn't get on hands & knees apologizing profusely & publicly. I guess attitudes change when it hits closer to their home.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 10:48 PM   #23
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
No issue with my watches but I also do not check them daily.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 10:59 PM   #24
BooZiggy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am very much traumatized….
As a therapist who works with people who have experienced actual trauma, I am very much disgusted by your use of this word to describe scratches on a watch.
BooZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 11:19 PM   #25
maratka
"TRF" Member

I wonder if I should buy an old 31xx in like new condition or a new 32xx, funny thing is both are probably best taken straight to service.
maratka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 11:19 PM   #26
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel23456 View Post
i am very much traumatized taking my watch to rsc.
Seriously?
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 11:20 PM   #27
Gearjockey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please explain how the issue has been fixed.
Gearjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 11:28 PM   #28
Daniel23456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooZiggy View Post
As a therapist who works with people who have experienced actual trauma, I am very much disgusted by your use of this word to describe scratches on a watch.
Wow, dude, chill. I obviously did not mean to “mock” or make fun of people with actual trauma. Being disgusted by it is all yours.
Old 28 April 2024, 11:30 PM   #29
Daniel23456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Seriously?
Yes. Seriously. Both watches sent to RSC came back scratched/banged. So I am not sending any more watches there due to a slow movement. I have sent watches to independent watchmakers that came back in perfect condition & well taken care of during the service.
Old 28 April 2024, 11:31 PM   #30
Daniel23456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Wow, lots of leeway given to Rolex on these known movement issues more than a few have experienced. Not too long ago the mobs & pitchforks crowd went apoplectic over the now fixed skipping date issue on the BB GMT because Tudor didn't get on hands & knees apologizing profusely & publicly. I guess attitudes change when it hits closer to their home.
dP
Exactly. People can complain about other brands but when it comes to Rolex- god forbid… just go to an RSC… Mechanical watches are not for you…

Ok then…