The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 April 2024, 12:55 AM   #31
direct707
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyind View Post
Explorer 2 (either color) is a walk in and buy watch at the AD in Saudi Arabia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No need to buy other model or Tudor? I was in Saudi a couple of months ago and they required to buy a Tudor watch in order to buy Explorer 2.
direct707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2024, 01:20 AM   #32
Trouble15
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I own both the black and white dial version from the last generation. I prefer them to the new release for the hands. The premium from a Trusted Seller is not much for these if you include the tax from an AD. Look at our Trusted Sellers websites and get on the phone and call up and have a discussion. Get all your questions answered and respectfully ask for the best price. Pay and have the watch by lunch tomorrow, on a working day. Good luck.
My thoughts too. Go grey, the delta is not much and the convenience is worth something.

Btw - two lovely pieces!
Trouble15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2024, 02:23 AM   #33
tymonster
"TRF" Member

Go grey. No lie I got a Pepsi from my AD in shorter time (3 years) than I’ve waited for a Polar and finally said F it and went grey. Can be had for a “smidge” over retail + tax and you’ll have it next day. 1000% worth it, it’s my favorite watch to date and I’ve been through the wringer over the years.

Highly recommend Watch Exchange Co (got my Polar from them). Payment cleared at 4pm and I had the watch on my wrist at 9:30a the next morning and I’m not in the same US time zone as them. Brand new, bought in March and card dated end of February. Have also had excellent experiences previously with DavidSW and European Watch Company in Boston.

tymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2024, 03:00 PM   #34
cyind
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by direct707 View Post
No need to buy other model or Tudor? I was in Saudi a couple of months ago and they required to buy a Tudor watch in order to buy Explorer 2.

I am in Jeddah. Tudor and Rolex are now separate boutiques and no Tudor purchase is needed for Rolex. BTW the cost of Exp 2 here is actually more than grey due to taxes and local markups.

cyind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2024, 10:16 PM   #35
Goldilock
"TRF" Member

In Europe it is between 6 months and 1 year.
Goldilock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2024, 11:28 PM   #36
911_3.6
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I requested the Polar Explorer II from 4 different AD’s with spend history at each and five years later, still none available. Since that time, 2 AD’s lost the Rolex line and I have picked up a couple GMT’s, Daytona and other SS sport models, but no Polar Exp II. I was offered the black dial from two different ADs and passed. They just don’t see many white dials according to my AD’s.
911_3.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 12:31 AM   #37
madsitalia
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 226570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldilock View Post
In Europe it is between 6 months and 1 year.
You can’t generalize Europe. Not even ADs in the same city
madsitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 12:33 AM   #38
madsitalia
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911_3.6 View Post
I requested the Polar Explorer II from 4 different AD’s with spend history at each and five years later, still none available. Since that time, 2 AD’s lost the Rolex line and I have picked up a couple GMT’s, Daytona and other SS sport models, but no Polar Exp II. I was offered the black dial from two different ADs and passed. They just don’t see many white dials according to my AD’s.
True, my AD gets about 6 a year.
Old 17 April 2024, 12:56 AM   #39
taitun4life
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor2000 View Post
go to multiple ads. One of them will sell that to you as a first purchase.

Sent from my sm-s901u using tapatalk
100%

Get what you love and wear ‘em…..
taitun4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 02:24 AM   #40
ppierce
"TRF" Member

Go grey. The difference between MSRP + Sales Tax is immaterial.
ppierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 02:58 AM   #41
madsitalia
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppierce View Post
Go grey. The difference between MSRP + Sales Tax is immaterial.
But the feeling as first owner is not
Old 17 April 2024, 07:23 AM   #42
Besttime
2024 Pledge Member

You've already waited and suppose to have gotten it by now.
Besttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 07:35 AM   #43
direct707
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyind View Post
I am in Jeddah. Tudor and Rolex are now separate boutiques and no Tudor purchase is needed for Rolex. BTW the cost of Exp 2 here is actually more than grey due to taxes and local markups.

Oh really? I was in Makkah and Madinah in Feb this year. Some models are able to without Tudor but some popular model require to couple it with Tudor. Worst case those Tudor models are super ugly or expensive. 🤯

The price is also higher. Like you said, it is about grey price. I thought it was because of our currency getting weaker and weaker every day.
direct707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 07:42 AM   #44
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

A few years seems a little long, I waited for about 6 months in 2022
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 05:09 PM   #45
cyind
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by direct707 View Post
Oh really? I was in Makkah and Madinah in Feb this year. Some models are able to without Tudor but some popular model require to couple it with Tudor. Worst case those Tudor models are super ugly or expensive. 🤯

The price is also higher. Like you said, it is about grey price. I thought it was because of our currency getting weaker and weaker every day.
That is true.....the higher prices for Rolex are justified since the pieces are hard to get elsewhere, but higher prices for Tudor here in Saudi are unacceptable.
cyind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 06:58 PM   #46
shalako
"TRF" Member

I went to my local AD in the UK who in the past have supplied me with a 116500 Daytona, Green sub, JC DSSD and a GMT Root Beer but they wouldn’t even put me on the waiting list for a 226570 Polar Explorer 2 as they so rarely received one. In the end I traded with a watch friend for one.
shalako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 01:39 AM   #47
Tio_Rico
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I own both the black and white dial version from the last generation. I prefer them to the new release for the hands. The premium from a Trusted Seller is not much for these if you include the tax from an AD. Look at our Trusted Sellers websites and get on the phone and call up and have a discussion. Get all your questions answered and respectfully ask for the best price. Pay and have the watch by lunch tomorrow, on a working day. Good luck.
Awesome watches... which do you like better or find yourself wearing more?
Tio_Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 11:03 AM   #48
Rolexforthewin
"TRF" Member

I’ve been waiting three years for one. Can’t get my damn hands on it!
Rolexforthewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 12:43 PM   #49
rob
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SS only
Picked up mine on Monday, I expressed interest in one along with a few other models a year ago, Audrey at Fourtane in Carmel actually reached out to me in Aug to make sure I still wanted one. She texted me at the end of Mar and said it was sitting on her desk with my name on it. So for me it was a year.

Good luck to you and your journey to obtain one!!! Wherever that may lead!!!
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 12:12 PM   #50
BobMcD
"TRF" Member

Was in Las Vegas 2 weeks ago for a conference. Went into the Wynn boutique to inquire about a Explorer II they told me to go talk to my local AD when they found out I was out of town. 2 days later, the day before I was going to fly back home, I decided to drop into the boutique in Ceasers. The reception there was a lot warmer. I expressed interest in the Eplorer II, and tried one on, and filled out a card. Left the boutique not thinking much more about it. 5 hours later they texted and called me to see if I was interested in coming in the next day to pick one up! I said, "YES"! I changed my flight to leave later the next day, and in the morning picked up my watch! I love it!!

Similar thing happened a week ago in NJ, and this time picked up an Air King! Either there is more inventory, or I am just getting lucky! Either way, I am happy!
BobMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 10:54 PM   #51
Sgooter
2024 Pledge Member

I walked into a small AD last year, and put my name on their list for a black EXPII. They called me a few months later to pick it up, with no interim contact. Sometimes it's just luck and sometimes it's just my good looks.
Sgooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 11:27 PM   #52
madsitalia
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
I walked into a small AD last year, and put my name on their list for a black EXPII. They called me a few months later to pick it up, with no interim contact. Sometimes it's just luck and sometimes it's just my good looks.
Old 21 April 2024, 05:08 AM   #53
luk4s83
"TRF" Member

I'm already waiting for 6 months with two AD's. Followed up a few times and they keep telling me chances of even getting it are slim as Rolex delivers even less stainless steel models this year. Honestly this is frustrating and ridiculous. Factory custom ordered high demand vehicle in covid peak didn't take this long to be built and delivered.
luk4s83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 02:43 PM   #54
mrbcc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Panerai PAM1046
Got mine from Vince at Timepiece Perfection last week. Payment cleared via wire and had it the next day. Pretty close to what an AD would charge. I’m stoked!

mrbcc is offline   Reply With Quote