The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 November 2023, 04:09 PM   #11
RickyRoxbin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126613LB, 126610LN
Had a (2018) 1312 serviced via boutique recently. They did a “full” service and replaced the handset and seconds hand. Service was no charge as it was covered under warranty. I did opt in for the polishing service for an additional $130. According to the website it would include laser filing if needed.

My initial concern was because I spotted some dust particles under the glass. So I figured if it’s going to be covered under warranty, sure let it go to the service center and do what ever needs to be done. And then $130 for the case refinishing, why not? It’s a steal in my mind.

Anyways I get it back after about 3-4 weeks and it looks good in the store. Funny thing is, that store is not nearly as bright as Rolex or any other jewelry store. Yes there are bright lights but it’s also kind of dark at the same time if that makes sense. After a short walk back to my car the sun hits the face just right. And bam I see a spec in a different spot. All the specs I pointed out at drop off were gone but there was a new one. Whatever I didn’t want to bother with it anymore. Figured I would just bring it back again before the warranty ran out.

Couple days later I’m looking at the watch again in a much brighter environment and I look around the case. I can see the brushing and polishing on the bezel. It looks good. There’s a spot I wished they would have laser filled but they didn’t. And that made me inspect the case even more. So I get to the lugs and they are all zig zagged. And not even parallel to the other lines. Like literally zigzagged on top of all 4 lugs.

That store left me pretty irritated. I may give it another shot and try the mail in service. Hoping it would be better since I just got a 288 that also needs servicing (running slow) and a real case refinish.

RickyRoxbin is offline   Reply With Quote