The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 2022, 10:46 AM   #1
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on the day
It's happening....

Lol. Crown and caliber just slashing prices hard via a "72 hr flash sale" ... 15-30% off, mostly rolexes. Also saw earier WATCHBOX trying to bundle "the impossible rolex collection" which is sold as a set that contains Starbucks, blnr, blro, both steel daytonas, hulk, sky blue and milgauss zblu, sold as a packaged set.

"It's not 3 day old fish, it's a whole new thing! "

Reeks of desperation.
Old 11 May 2022, 10:53 AM   #2
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Seen it as well, also cutting prices on Tudor.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
Old 7 June 2022, 05:34 PM   #3
Alex Depp
"TRF" Member

Old 11 May 2022, 10:55 AM   #4
ExplorerI
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epanerai12 View Post
Lol. Crown and caliber just slashing prices hard via a "72 hr flash sale" ... 15-30% off, mostly rolexes. Also saw earier WATCHBOX trying to bundle "the impossible rolex collection" which is sold as a set that contains Starbucks, blnr, blro, both steel daytonas, hulk, sky blue and milgauss zblu, sold as a packaged set.

Reeks of desperation.
C&c got a long way to go to be anywhere near competitive on their pricing. Moda has everything for at least 20% less than c&c “discount pricing”
Old 11 May 2022, 10:56 AM   #5
rolex16
Banned

Quote:

Reeks of desperation.
Impossible because they hoarded them all this time. Disgusting.
Old 11 May 2022, 10:58 AM   #6
wetsum3
"TRF" Member

I don’t think that watch box collection is a terrible idea. Someone will buy it. It kinda takes the fun out of the process, though. I wouldn’t exactly want all those models, as the overlap is kinda dumb. But it’s a good marketing strategy.
Old 11 May 2022, 11:07 AM   #7
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetsum3 View Post
I don’t think that watch box collection is a terrible idea. Someone will buy it. It kinda takes the fun out of the process, though. I wouldn’t exactly want all those models, as the overlap is kinda dumb. But it’s a good marketing strategy.
Well, they gotta try something! I can only imagine mgmt meetings right now.....
Old 11 May 2022, 10:59 AM   #8
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
C&C have always had an absurd pricing strategy. I could never figure out if they actually sold at their prices or if the buyers then negotiated?
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
Old 11 May 2022, 11:17 AM   #9
Greenjacket95
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lol. Crown and caliber just slashing prices hard

Reeks of desperation.
Ha, killer quote from the Big Short! It definitely feels appropriate.
Old 11 May 2022, 11:27 AM   #10
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenjacket95 View Post
Ha, killer quote from the Big Short! It definitely feels appropriate.
Ha.

When I saw the watchbox thing, it's immediately what came to mind.
Old 11 May 2022, 11:18 AM   #11
RUSH2689
"TRF" Member

Watch: Recon
Deleted
Old 11 May 2022, 11:20 AM   #12
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Lol on the WB box o rollies. Definitely more pain to come. The only way prices will stabilize is if the big greys tried to buy up the supply and hold prices. If the big guys are going to drop prices too the race down is only just starting....
Old 11 May 2022, 11:21 AM   #13
Njkdog
Banned

Watch: Speedy reduced
Thank the lord.
I love that c and c sail, one thing though. No pre ceramic date subs. It really is just the hype pieces taking a hit mainly. Lot of Starbucks
Old 11 May 2022, 11:24 AM   #14
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

The worst part is prices have dropped dramatically and still have a long way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 May 2022, 11:28 AM   #15
Njkdog
Banned

Watch: Speedy reduced
Down we go! Where will we stop? No one knows! Federico did post a day or two ago saying they typically see dealer to dealer prices that consumers end up being affected by a few days later, he said it’ll be a rough week for Rolex prices
Old 11 May 2022, 11:40 AM   #16
samuel019
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspp View Post
The worst part is prices have dropped dramatically and still have a long way to go

Damn right

Watchbox, the idiots they are, have a 2010 116505 “coming soon” for $84,950. Seriously?

Who’s the idiot running with these strategies with pricing.

Keep in mind guys we still have a loooooooooooong way to go before the A D mentality shifts and changes. Even the least desired diamond encrusted ladies DJ will be hoarded
Old 11 May 2022, 07:13 PM   #17
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel019 View Post
Damn right

Watchbox, the idiots they are, have a 2010 116505 “coming soon” for $84,950. Seriously?

Who’s the idiot running with these strategies with pricing.

Keep in mind guys we still have a loooooooooooong way to go before the A D mentality shifts and changes. Even the least desired diamond encrusted ladies DJ will be hoarded
I don’t know why you would think the people setting the pricing are the idiots. Aren’t the people paying the prices the idiots? So many members on this forum attack the wrong people in this game. So if you had a discontinued hulk for example. You can use any watch in this example but I’ll use the hulk. If you put it on eBay for a bidding war and it got all the way up to $75,000 that some guy actually paid you; for you to be consistent you would blame yourself for taking the money and not the person who gave it to you right?

During the mass exodus that still continues to this day from northern states that had extremely harsh restrictions during Covid to southern states like Florida that didn’t a massive stress has been put on the housing market down here. Wealthy people from places like New Jersey got in bidding wars for particular houses all over our state. They were buying houses that were typically worth $300,000 for upwards of $800,000. It happened some friends of mine in the Tampa area. They were perfectly happy in their house and some dude offered 2 1/2 times what it was worth and the next thing you know they had to pack up and leave. Laughing all the way of course. They are not idiots.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 11 May 2022, 11:22 PM   #18
samuel019
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I don’t know why you would think the people setting the pricing are the idiots. Aren’t the people paying the prices the idiots? So many members on this forum attack the wrong people in this game. So if you had a discontinued hulk for example. You can use any watch in this example but I’ll use the hulk. If you put it on eBay for a bidding war and it got all the way up to $75,000 that some guy actually paid you; for you to be consistent you would blame yourself for taking the money and not the person who gave it to you right?

During the mass exodus that still continues to this day from northern states that had extremely harsh restrictions during Covid to southern states like Florida that didn’t a massive stress has been put on the housing market down here. Wealthy people from places like New Jersey got in bidding wars for particular houses all over our state. They were buying houses that were typically worth $300,000 for upwards of $800,000. It happened some friends of mine in the Tampa area. They were perfectly happy in their house and some dude offered 2 1/2 times what it was worth and the next thing you know they had to pack up and leave. Laughing all the way of course. They are not idiots.

Bret

We are somewhat vets to TRF and my only point in that comment is with all these market adjustments, people dropping prices, people talking market gloom and doom, which I think we still have a long way to go before that happens was in reference to one watch.

A 13 year old 116505 for basically $85k. I’m sorry that just nuts. It’s like the website is somewhat desperate to move inventory with bundles etc but wait lets slide this piece in at a ridiculous price that I’d imagine even someone with money to burn wouldn’t pay. Quite a few Greys have BNIB 505’s for 10k less. Much less a 2010 probably watch only. Is that dial discontinued? Even if so still bonkers.

I only stumbled upon there recent tactics from this thread granted I’m familiar with there site and just IMO thought why in the hell would they do that on that one reference. Well as you stated they can and someone might pay it. Ok. Fine.

Just looks as they’re desperate but yet still pricing insane. I’d like to think you’d want some type of uniformity.

Old 12 May 2022, 12:07 AM   #19
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel019 View Post
Bret

We are somewhat vets to TRF and my only point in that comment is with all these market adjustments, people dropping prices, people talking market gloom and doom, which I think we still have a long way to go before that happens was in reference to one watch.

A 13 year old 116505 for basically $85k. I’m sorry that just nuts. It’s like the website is somewhat desperate to move inventory with bundles etc but wait lets slide this piece in at a ridiculous price that I’d imagine even someone with money to burn wouldn’t pay. Quite a few Greys have BNIB 505’s for 10k less. Much less a 2010 probably watch only. Is that dial discontinued? Even if so still bonkers.

I only stumbled upon there recent tactics from this thread granted I’m familiar with there site and just IMO thought why in the hell would they do that on that one reference. Well as you stated they can and someone might pay it. Ok. Fine.

Just looks as they’re desperate but yet still pricing insane. I’d like to think you’d want some type of uniformity.

Brother I completely agree with you. I think the only disagreement you and I have is where we lay the blame. I do not blame the grey dealers. I just can’t. It’s the people giving them the money who is the blame in my opinion. When they stop overpaying for these things, and it looks like we are heading in that direction then the grey dealers will stop asking for those prices. This is just my opinion.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 16 May 2022, 12:34 AM   #20
Nico81
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspp View Post

They dropped against feeding frenzy of dec - February
Patek 5712 is said to be collapsing and went from 220k to 135k
Well it was 135k in December . I dont call that a collapse

I think this js just a big correction just not sure where is the realistic level.
Once china/hk opens up , the flood gates will open again

Old 16 May 2022, 12:46 AM   #21
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico81 View Post
They dropped against feeding frenzy of dec - February
Patek 5712 is said to be collapsing and went from 220k to 135k
Well it was 135k in December . I dont call that a collapse

I think this js just a big correction just not sure where is the realistic level.
Once china/hk opens up , the flood gates will open again
According to the widely despised & derided C24, 5712A peaked at (GBP) £170k in April, and is now just under £150k. In December it was £106k. Where will it go? I don't know, but I suspect when China reopens it will go up again, and when it's discontinued there is every chance it will go still higher.
Old 11 May 2022, 11:51 AM   #22
Rolexken
"TRF" Member

Watchfinder in the UK had a few steel Daytonas for about £50,000 but today they are no longer listed on their website- not price reduction just gone and I doubt they have all been sold
Old 11 May 2022, 05:45 PM   #23
droso
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexken View Post
Watchfinder in the UK had a few steel Daytonas for about £50,000 but today they are no longer listed on their website- not price reduction just gone and I doubt they have all been sold

Interesting that Watchfinder have dropped the white dial from £50k to the same price as the black dial. Looks like all other models are priced the same.

Old 13 May 2022, 01:30 AM   #24
PO 2500D
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43TT & DJII blue
Quote:

Yeah they have 8-9 ceramic Daytonas up and the prices have been dropped in fact lots of "heavy" metal has been given new price.

The Daytonas are all still at least x3 RRP though so no bargains yet.
Old 15 May 2022, 10:49 PM   #25
Mnk47
"TRF" Member

Quote:
All those hot watches now listed with “new price”.
Granted not the Panda but the one they have in is 10k less than they were
Old 11 June 2022, 05:23 PM   #26
X E L O R
"TRF" Member

Quote:

WF have a huge stock!! They will just remove them to ride the storm… at one point they had over 80 BLNR in stock… but only a hand full listed.

Old 11 June 2022, 06:05 PM   #27
-Ally-
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X E L O R View Post
WF have a huge stock!! They will just remove them to ride the storm… at one point they had over 80 BLNR in stock… but only a hand full listed.
I doubt any business would take the risk of carrying that many so I have to ask, how do you know?
Old 12 June 2022, 02:24 AM   #28
X E L O R
"TRF" Member

It's happening....

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
I doubt any business would take the risk of carrying that many so I have to ask, how do you know?

Because I messaged them asking on a PX with mine… I have it in writing… I’ll dig out the email!

Old 11 June 2022, 11:02 PM   #29
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by X E L O R View Post

Did they actually tell you they had 80 in stock?
Old 12 June 2022, 02:33 AM   #30
X E L O R
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Did they actually tell you they had 80 in stock?

Yes…

Closed Thread