The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 May 2024, 11:22 AM   #36
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestfulJambs View Post
Update (TLDR is Below) So, I spoke with the AD. They acknowledged the error on the phone and apologized for not telling me this detail up front (which at first was my main gripe). Then I did more digging and saw that pre-2010 116400GVs with an original black dial sell for less than what I paid, and that my price was consistent with what Z-Blue models were selling for at other CPOs. But all of those watches were period accurate (i.e., 2014 or newer). So, I came away feeling a bit peeved. Here’s an older watch that would typically sell for less that someone swapped with a hotter, more popular dial and then it was priced as if it was a “true” Z-Blue, which is a newer watch by definition. Even if the swap was done by an RSC with an OEM dial, that felt like BS. I started texting with the AD and sent some links to ‘08 and ‘09 Milgausses that were selling at a lower price and told them I couldn’t find a single CPO Milgauss in Z-Blue pre-dating 2014. They came back offering to credit me $500, and also sent a link to a 2008 with a black dial that Tourneau was selling for the same price as my watch. I countered that Tourneau’s watch came with all the original paperwork, was in any case inexplicably priced the same as their two 2016 models that had a black dial, AND was inconsistent with the overall market based on the links I had previously sent. Finally, this morning they agreed to knock $800 off the price (final offer) or do a return. They also promised to ensure they disclose information like this in the future for other watches. I accepted the offer.

Anticipating some questions, I will not be naming this AD. I have no hard feelings towards them whatsoever. They are family-owned and have been in business for nearly 100 years. I have bought an engagement ring from them in the past and know that they are all really nice people. Rolex CPO is a new program for them. So, I understand that things can slip through the cracks when you’re starting to deal in pre-owned watches instead of just new ones. All in all, I am happy with how it turned out and even happier with this watch. Thank you all for your extremely helpful advice and input.

TLDR: Had some back-and-forth with the AD. They apologized and credited me $800. I accepted and am happy.
Sounds like your watch does not include original paperwork and was priced accordingly in the end?
As long as the model has an authentic dial option and the cpo program is behind it= zero concerns.

Enjoy.