The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 25 May 2021, 02:06 PM   #1
Santiago32
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO-LV-EXP1-BB58
TPG lost me when they started asking for $2k in exchange to be part of a "wholesale group"

Roman is great. I've been watching his content for years.
Old 25 May 2021, 02:23 PM   #2
bob99
"TRF" Member

I started watching TPG after reading about it on this forum, to get a look at how the greys work. It was informative, and I like the fact that Anthony has turned his life around. Respect the hustle. However, it seems like they're pretty bad at business (losing watches, unsure about inventory, no real systems in place.) I get that the "openness" is considered honest, but I wouldn't want to do business with them. This $2M raise they're doing at $2k per person seems weird. It's probably legal in that it's not a literal scam... It's a free country, you're allowed to give them $2,000 for access to a facebook group and your name on a plaque in their future store if that's what you want to do. But it does feel like they very quickly jumped from growing the channel to "how can we get money out of these viewers?"

Side note - does anyone know why Anthony was banned here?

Roman and Adrian are definitely running a better business, and seem to know more. I prefer watching them, and love when they go into NYC to see that whole scene. Roman has been making vids for years, and while he's trying to grow the channel, it doesn't seem like he's immediately trying to extract money out of the viewers.

I'll keep watching both, since they're entertaining. But if I was buying grey, I'd buy from Luxury Bazaar and not TPG.
bob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 04:17 PM   #3
lutchki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
I started watching TPG after reading about it on this forum, to get a look at how the greys work. It was informative, and I like the fact that Anthony has turned his life around. Respect the hustle. However, it seems like they're pretty bad at business (losing watches, unsure about inventory, no real systems in place.) I get that the "openness" is considered honest, but I wouldn't want to do business with them. This $2M raise they're doing at $2k per person seems weird. It's probably legal in that it's not a literal scam... It's a free country, you're allowed to give them $2,000 for access to a facebook group and your name on a plaque in their future store if that's what you want to do. But it does feel like they very quickly jumped from growing the channel to "how can we get money out of these viewers?"

Side note - does anyone know why Anthony was banned here?

Roman and Adrian are definitely running a better business, and seem to know more. I prefer watching them, and love when they go into NYC to see that whole scene. Roman has been making vids for years, and while he's trying to grow the channel, it doesn't seem like he's immediately trying to extract money out of the viewers.

I'll keep watching both, since they're entertaining. But if I was buying grey, I'd buy from Luxury Bazaar and not TPG.

They asked for a 2 million raise before they even had a place to lease!! So they had no clue what they would even need to spend yet. Besides, on a recent episode Anthony mentioned that people were asking what if they don’t get the full amount? To which he responds “ we don’t need the funds as we can do it on our own if need be” basically saying “ we’d rather suck you guys then spend our own money” to which I say. A suckers born every minute. Whoever gave them 2K. It hurts. There are so many poor people that can use the 2K.
lutchki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 02:49 PM   #4
stainlesssteve
"TRF" Member

I’m hooked on TPG but I am very concerned that they will go broke if they move to the new space. They appear to have poor accounting controls, and with the lavish spending, I’m not sure they can keep the party going long term. I really enjoy the show and hope they ink that Netflix series before they run out of cash...
Old 25 May 2021, 09:58 PM   #5
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
As sad as it seems, offering the $2k is the right thing to do as a business. "Use other people's money".... It seems he has a lot of followers and people believing in them. It might just work.
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 04:13 AM   #6
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbleNavigator View Post
I've been watching Timepiece Gentlemen on Youtube for a while. Was something new and interesting. Eventually I just lost interest in the show because Anthony is nothing but a flashy egotist. Only guy who knows anything is Marco, and even after a few episodes you can see that Anthony is rubbing off on Marco too much and he's becoming self absorbed and flashy.

Had the pleasure of watching Grey Market (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP_ft34xOMM) today and I really enjoyed it. I didn't realize Roman and Adrian speak Russian, and it was a pleasure listening to them every now and then. Few things that jumped out at me:
  • I love how Roman calls out Anthony indirectly on his show opening, saying that "this isn't someone trying to make it in the business" and he's already made it, with his $100M company
  • Adrian is wickedly knowledgable on all watches
  • Roman has great knowledge on very unique watches
  • I like how Roman and Adrian run the business, and it's clear why it's a $100M company
  • Each episode is under 50 minutes, well edited and the cinematography is great

It's super clear to me why Anthony and Marco are struggling; trying to scam everyone into this VIP club; waste money left and right; and make self-absorbed videos that actually teach you nothing about watches. You can even see this in the name of the show, it's all about Anthony and his flashy brand. Roman and Adrian call their show Grey Market and actually focus on the grey market and watches.

I can't wait to see more episodes of Grey Market. I'll definitely want to buy a piece from Roman and Adrian just for the experience and support. Great guys and seem like the best.
i am into roman's stuff. that guy knows his stuff and he's not all into only rolex, patek and ap.
he loves the non-popular crazy stuff.

grey market and watches and whiskey is sick.

the moment anthony starts asking 2k crowd funding for his new store place, that disgust me. man, doing well but asking people for money

adrian is great but i always feel he's always angry lol. he knows the modern stuff and popular stuff but roman is the real wizard on watches.
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2021, 12:27 PM   #7
RollieNZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date YG
Has anyone else noticed how Roman and Adrian's videos seem to have started to look more and more like the TPG's?

Flashier and more 'look at me' style in my opinion.
RollieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 04:31 PM   #8
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Lol it’s not a $100mm company. Sales DNE EV
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 11:50 PM   #9
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Lol it’s not a $100mm company. Sales DNE EV
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's not a $100mm company. No way. People on this forum know better. Many of us have our own businesses or are executives in fortune 500 companies. We know better.

He may have had $100 million in sales, but that's probably not annual sales, and sales doesn't equate to value of company.

To put things into perspective, they need to sell the equivalent of 2,777 Day Dates per year at $36,000 (or 53 per week) to achieve $100,000,000 in annual sales. Keep in mind that sales are not the same as net margins either. Plus, we all know that annual sales is not the same thing as net value of company which on very simple terms is assets - debt = net value. It's more complicated than that, but that's where you'd start to calculate it.

I don't trust anything these guys say.
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2021, 12:00 AM   #10
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's not a $100mm company. People on this forum know better. Many of us have our own businesses or are executives in fortune 500 companies. We know better.

He may have had $100 million in sales, but that's probably not annual sales, and sales doesn't equate to value of company.
There is zero chance he had 100MM in sales.....
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2021, 12:20 AM   #11
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
There is zero chance he had 100MM in sales.....
If they're dealing drugs on the side, then maybe...
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 05:16 AM   #12
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Best thing we can do is STOP talking about this piece of shit scumbag!
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 05:43 AM   #13
K12123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst15 View Post
best thing we can do is stop talking about this piece of shit scumbag!
+1
K12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2021, 04:58 AM   #14
mikeps2006
"TRF" Member

Had a deal done with TPG a while back for an AP Off Shore and it arrived broken. Anthony put me into contact with Marco and customer service i gotta say was terrible. Had to consult with a dealer I’ve dealt with numerous times to help me out. He basically helped me middle man the entire repair process. Marco did not know who to send the watch to to have it repaired and was in no rush to have it fixed or sent out. Communication was terrible. I don’t think they know what they’re really doing as much what they’re trying to make people believe.

I would never deal with TPG again. I saw his few good reviews on here as well as his following in YT so i thought i would be in the clear, but i was definitely wrong about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikeps2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2021, 05:21 AM   #15
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeps2006 View Post
Had a deal done with TPG a while back for an AP Off Shore and it arrived broken. Anthony put me into contact with Marco and customer service i gotta say was terrible. Had to consult with a dealer I’ve dealt with numerous times to help me out. He basically helped me middle man the entire repair process. Marco did not know who to send the watch to to have it repaired and was in no rush to have it fixed or sent out. Communication was terrible. I don’t think they know what they’re really doing as much what they’re trying to make people believe.

I would never deal with TPG again. I saw his few good reviews on here as well as his following in YT so i thought i would be in the clear, but i was definitely wrong about that.

I’ve learned awhile ago to approach with caution any business with a strong social media following. Typically their social media presence has outpaced their actual operations and skills which usually leads to massive disappointment when doing business. I’ve found this to ring true personally in multiple instances in different industries.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2021, 10:49 AM   #16
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
I’ve learned awhile ago to approach with caution any business with a strong social media following. Typically their social media presence has outpaced their actual operations and skills which usually leads to massive disappointment when doing business. I’ve found this to ring true personally in multiple instances in different industries.

TPG have admitted on camera that YT was their primary focus.
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2021, 10:46 AM   #17
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Just caught the new TimePiece Gentleman video. They backpedaled on quite a bit of things they've been doing. Very interesting video.
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2021, 10:56 AM   #18
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Fountain View Post
Just caught the new TimePiece Gentleman video. They backpedaled on quite a bit of things they've been doing. Very interesting video.
Yeah I saw that. They caught a ton of heat on their last video in the YouTube comments.
Old 15 June 2021, 09:59 PM   #19
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah I saw that. They caught a ton of heat on their last video in the YouTube comments.
If people read between the lines, it appears there is something going on. Either sales are down more than they stated and/or there was an issue with how they "structured" their plea for money. They repeatedly stated what & how it is described as. They now refer to it as a "membership". I'd be curious to know if an issue was raised as to the legality of how it was structured. Anthony is too fast & loose. He's like a popcorn fart in a skillet. There doesn't seem to be much long term planning, he is very reactionary in making quick decisions. Marco just appears to be along for the ride. I'll keep watching, it's like driving past an accident, you just cannot look away.
Old 15 June 2021, 11:18 PM   #20
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

I agree, something doesn't seem right with the numbers they were disclosing in the financials.

I'm an accountant, and when he was posting gross profit, he more than likely wasn't factoring in his operating expenses. He should be disclosing net income.

I also just saw a thumbnail for a new TPG video on Youtube. Seems the woman they hired is no longer employed with them. She only last a few weeks.
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 01:02 AM   #21
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
I agree, something doesn't seem right with the numbers they were disclosing in the financials.

I'm an accountant, and when he was posting gross profit, he more than likely wasn't factoring in his operating expenses. He should be disclosing net income.

I also just saw a thumbnail for a new TPG video on Youtube. Seems the woman they hired is no longer employed with them. She only last a few weeks.
They let her go in the last video.

I haven’t watch today’s in full yet, but skipped through it. Apparently the landlord at their newest desired store location hasn’t given them a lease offer. This is the third or fourth location they’ve looked at. It’s obvious something else is at play here. They didn’t share their financials with the first location and I have a feeling it’s because it wasn’t appealing.

They decided to go to a higher level at their current building instead of doing a large showroom build out elsewhere. I wonder if they’ll have any legal actions brought against them as they offered a ton of perks regarding their new office, which isn’t happening as big as promised.
Old 16 June 2021, 11:09 AM   #22
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

The timepiece gentleman videos get sketchier and sketchier. Now they want deposits when they have to get the watch from another dealer . Theses guys are a mess.

shaunylw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 01:51 PM   #23
lutchki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
The timepiece gentleman videos get sketchier and sketchier. Now they want deposits when they have to get the watch from another dealer . Theses guys are a mess.

Not sketchier. Not a mess. They are doing what they want and asking for the craziest things with the craziest terms. Simply because crazy people are eating out of their hands and they know it. I love how Marco talks In the latest video about “enjoying your money while letting it appreciate in value” on a Breguet. Ha. Guy should have asked him, if he wants to sell it back to him in a year if he’ll pay him more or at least what he’s paying for it now?? NOT. Marco would come up with some…

Look, people get swept up in the hype and take a gray dealers word at face value, that on them. Honestly TPG are not being right to customers for misleading them and convincing them not a bubble.
Old 16 June 2021, 01:00 PM   #24
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Train wreck waiting to happen….
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 09:37 PM   #25
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
i think more grey dealers are getting on the youtube train.

end of the day i feel grey market really gives me the most in depth view on how a big grey dealer works. all the interviews and roman going around meeting other dealers and their business.
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 08:16 AM   #26
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
They need to stfu about watches being guaranteed to appreciate. Its clear they don’t know what the hell they are talking about or they are providing horrible guidance to clients.

Anthony bought a black panther AP and those went from 450 to 250 in a week lol
Old 19 June 2021, 08:21 AM   #27
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
They need to stfu about watches being guaranteed to appreciate. Its clear they don’t know what the hell they are talking about or they are providing horrible guidance to clients.

Anthony bought a black panther AP and those went from 450 to 250 in a week lol
I agree. What annoys me is how he pulls these future valuations out of his a** and is so confident it’ll go there once it gets discontinued lol. This is the same guy that bought like 6+ YG green Daytona at hype prices a few months ago as he was positive it’ll be discontinued as it wasn’t on the 2021 price guide.
Old 19 June 2021, 08:45 AM   #28
lutchki
Banned

Quote:
I agree. What annoys me is how he pulls these future valuations out of his a** and is so confident it’ll go there once it gets discontinued lol. This is the same guy that bought like 6+ YG green Daytona at hype prices a few months ago as he was positive it’ll be discontinued as it wasn’t on the 2021 price guide.

It’s crazy but you always hear them saying when someone tries to sell them a watch based on market prices, they say valuations on Chrono 24 are hyped and therefore they need to pay much much less. Then you always see them whenever asking “what’s this going for”? Or whenever they make up a price, they always refer to the high price on Chrono 24. So dishonest. And don’t say that’s business. There’s a businessman, and then there’s a sleazy businessman. they match the latter. Definitely not gentlemen. Lol

But hey, they have the views including ours, so they’re going to be laughing all the way to the bank once they monetize YouTube.
Old 19 June 2021, 03:28 PM   #29
bob99
"TRF" Member

They were supposed to upload Week #23 Part 2 today, but never did. Fair enough, sometimes issues pop up... But people have been asking where it is on the YouTube channel, and TPG changed their pinned message to:

With all the negativity in the comments and as many lives it seems we are ruining why don’t we just delete this channel all together?

Kind of funny. People are (justifiably) giving them a hard time in the comments about asking for a $2k investment to build a store, and then two weeks later deciding they're not going to actually build that store. Pointing out there might be some legal ramifications to that.

Anthony posted an IG video on Thursday saying he was in federal court all day in Los Angeles. Did not provide any context as to what he was there for.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 1.18.29 AM.png (58.9 KB, 644 views)
bob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 11:17 PM   #30
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
They were supposed to upload Week #23 Part 2 today, but never did. Fair enough, sometimes issues pop up... But people have been asking where it is on the YouTube channel, and TPG changed their pinned message to:

With all the negativity in the comments and as many lives it seems we are ruining why don’t we just delete this channel all together?

Kind of funny. People are (justifiably) giving them a hard time in the comments about asking for a $2k investment to build a store, and then two weeks later deciding they're not going to actually build that store. Pointing out there might be some legal ramifications to that.

Anthony posted an IG video on Thursday saying he was in federal court all day in Los Angeles. Did not provide any context as to what he was there for.
That's a pretty odd & bold statement to make, especially since it appears that YouTube has really been his main focus. He doesn't like ANY negative feedback on his social media & has discussed that many times in his videos. He appears to be very thin skinned. My opinion I s that there is an issue behind the scenes. Nobody will give him a lease it appears, he has had to change the way the "ask" for the money is described & accounted for, he really plays fast & loose what the no real game plan. But as always, I'll tune in to see what happens s around the next corner.