The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 25 July 2014, 01:09 AM   #1
lorsban
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
That's the problem with high end watches, servicing is very expensive, if at least it was always flawless ok, but it's far from always being the case, sometimes there are serious problems, worse than before it went to get serviced...
Yeah true. Cost of ownership and all that.
Old 28 August 2014, 04:59 PM   #2
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorsban View Post
Yeah true. Cost of ownership and all that.
No, more like the watch comes back scratched, unrepaired or something was damaged during the intervention, don't know for AP, but just for example Panerai owners are legion to report incredible problems after servicing, ok Panerai isn't AP or Patek but they're not Tags, I have 3 limited editions, I am going to flip them for a few reasons and one of them being that I would go crazy if I serviced my Pam 82 (300 pieces on the regular LE, from 5 to 12 on the "shadow case watches" like the one I have) and it came back with a huge scratch…
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2014, 08:25 AM   #3
lorsban
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, more like the watch comes back scratched, unrepaired or something was damaged during the intervention, don't know for AP, but just for example Panerai owners are legion to report incredible problems after servicing, ok Panerai isn't AP or Patek but they're not Tags, I have 3 limited editions, I am going to flip them for a few reasons and one of them being that I would go crazy if I serviced my Pam 82 (300 pieces on the regular LE, from 5 to 12 on the "shadow case watches" like the one I have) and it came back with a huge scratch…
Oh ok! Yeah I suppose that could happen.

I had an Ebel BTR 1911 GMT that had a stripped crown. I had it repaired at the local authorized center and it was repaired but the power reserve went from 40 hours to 8.

I guess you have to research for good service centers as well.

Never had any such problems with Rolex.
Old 17 October 2014, 05:49 AM   #4
yjfang
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 1680
I ditched all of my Panerai's for a number of reasons, the service horror stories being one of them.

You won't have those kinds of issues with AP Service. They are the best in the industry in terms of attention to detail, turn around time, and customer service.

Quote:
yjfang is offline   Reply With Quote