The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 February 2020, 01:46 AM   #61
Always
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gorgeous MOP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheon View Post
wear both or alternate

Thank you for your reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 01:46 AM   #62
Always
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little machines View Post
Rolex first apple 10th . Have fun with both watches keep rolex the Apple Watch is disposable within 5 years outdated. Rolex’s are timeless . Good luck !!

Very true!

Old 5 February 2020, 01:48 AM   #63
Always
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
More and more people are wearing a watch on their watch arm and a computer on the other. Sometimes an Apple or a Fitbit.

I think it will become more and more common that wrist computers will be worn by most people and that they will wear what they want on the other arm.

When that day comes and it is more common...i will most probably be wearing both watches :)

Thankyou for your reply!

Old 5 February 2020, 01:49 AM   #64
rustyduck
"TRF" Member

the Apple Watch is, as someone wrote, technology on your wrist. Mine has the independent phone feature which can be useful when I am away from my iphone. I use my Apple Watch when I want to be connected, when I am tracking exercise and, starting with the model 4, there are some safety and health features that may be useful. My "real watches" are worn when I don't need or don't want to be connected at all or don't need the Apple Watch to be connected. Some might argue that it looks odd to wear a diamond enhanced Rolex with an Apple Watch. Use your own judgment on whether to wear your Rolex at the same time you wear your Apple Watch. Because of my philosophy of how I use the apple watch, I cannot imagine a time I would wear both. I am on my second Apple Watch just as I just moved on to a new mode iPhone.
rustyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 01:50 AM   #65
Always
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyduck View Post
the Apple Watch is, as someone wrote, technology on your wrist. Mine has the independent phone feature which can be useful when I am away from my iphone. I use my Apple Watch when I want to be connected, when I am tracking exercise and, starting with the model 4, there are some safety and health features that may be useful. My "real watches" are worn when I don't need or don't want to be connected at all or don't need the Apple Watch to be connected. Some might argue that it looks odd to wear a diamond enhanced Rolex with an Apple Watch. Use your own judgment on whether to wear your Rolex at the same time you wear your Apple Watch. Because of my philosophy of how I use the apple watch, I cannot imagine a time I would wear both. I am on my second Apple Watch just as I just moved on to a new mode iPhone.

Old 5 February 2020, 02:00 AM   #66
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
It really is an interesting topic. I got an Apple Watch for Christmas from my wife, who knows i really love mechanical watches. She wasn’t sure if I would like it, and I wasn’t either, but honestly I have. Some days i wear Apple, some days mechanical watches. A few days I’ve worn both. If I’m going to be tooling around outside or exercising, lean toward the Apple. Working, usually one of my mechanicals. I think there is room for both.

Old 5 February 2020, 02:10 AM   #67
Always
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsurgBM View Post
It really is an interesting topic. I got an Apple Watch for Christmas from my wife, who knows i really love mechanical watches. She wasn’t sure if I would like it, and I wasn’t either, but honestly I have. Some days i wear Apple, some days mechanical watches. A few days I’ve worn both. If I’m going to be tooling around outside or exercising, lean toward the Apple. Working, usually one of my mechanicals. I think there is room for both.

Old 5 February 2020, 02:13 AM   #68
Cduff
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1024, 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by GsurgBM
I think there is room for both.
I agree 100%.

I wear my Apple Watch whenever I need activity tracking (running, working out, etc) and wear my Rolex at the office.
Cduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 02:17 AM   #69
Always
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cduff View Post
I agree 100%.

I wear my Apple Watch whenever I need activity tracking (running, working out, etc) and wear my Rolex at the office.

Old 5 February 2020, 02:22 AM   #70
Hotrod297
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Apple = Daily beater
Rolex = Night out, special occasions.
Old 5 February 2020, 02:26 AM   #71
Always
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod297 View Post
Apple = Daily beater

Rolex = Night out, special occasions.

Cool! Its great to hear that so many others on this thread are able to alternate happily. I am becoming more inclined to do the same!

Many Thanks for your reply!

Old 5 February 2020, 02:30 AM   #72
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always View Post
Hi. I am female and received a beautiful, diamond dial, black mother of pearl, bi metal, jubilee style bracelet rolex just before last Christmas. I then received a gorgeous stainless steel Apple watch at Christmas.

I am torn between wearing my practical Apple watch (although i have customised my watch with a blingy bezel!) or my amazing Rolex...which would you wear more of or for different occasions?
I will add photos later!
I would not wear an Apple Watch ever. Number 1) test another device to charge 2) it’s disposable and will need to be replaced 3) the “data” such as fitness stuff is largely unnecessary-one does not need a watch to tell us how hard we pushed in the gym, 4) it’s largely redundant-do you still need the phone to send emails or text messages of any complexity, 5) it actually ties us and makes us more addicted to technology in general, and lastly The jury is still out on round the clock exposure that close to the body to the radiation and microwaves produced. People can Balk at the last point however absence of evidence (yet because there is no long term data) does not mean evidence of absence.

All to say stick with the Rolex
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 02:37 AM   #73
Always
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
I would not wear an Apple Watch ever. Number 1) test another device to charge 2) it’s disposable and will need to be replaced 3) the “data” such as fitness stuff is largely unnecessary-one does not need a watch to tell us how hard we pushed in the gym, 4) it’s largely redundant-do you still need the phone to send emails or text messages of any complexity, 5) it actually ties us and makes us more addicted to technology in general, and lastly The jury is still out on round the clock exposure that close to the body to the radiation and microwaves produced. People can Balk at the last point however absence of evidence (yet because there is no long term data) does not mean evidence of absence.

Hi. Coming from a scientific background myself...you have totally read my mind about that which i have been ignoring...you gave made such valid points.

Many Thanks for your reply!

Old 5 February 2020, 02:50 AM   #74
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
No trolling. I have previously posted my Rolex purchase on here.

Thank you for your reply though!

But you are on a Rolex forum so expect everyone to answer your Rolex watch
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 02:57 AM   #75
Always
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post

But you are on a Rolex forum so expect everyone to answer your Rolex watch

Haha...fair enough...now i understand what you meant!

Old 5 February 2020, 03:04 AM   #76
bumbershoot
Banned

Watch: Sub Date 116610LN
Quote:
When that day comes and it is more common...i will most probably be wearing both watches :)

Thankyou for your reply!

Please don’t wear both watches. So so ridiculous... I see people do this and it looks pretty funny. Just wear the Rolex when not wearing the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch novelty will also wear off also.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 03:08 AM   #77
Always
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Please don’t wear both watches. So so ridiculous... I see people do this and it looks pretty funny. Just wear the Rolex when not wearing the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch novelty will also wear off also.

Old 5 February 2020, 03:23 AM   #78
Soultime
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think that is the main point for me.
Another tracking device....which happens to tell the time.
Soultime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 03:44 AM   #79
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandWatch View Post
I’d give the Apple Watch away to someone who’d appreciate it.
I did exactly that with mine. I wanted to like it. Seemed like a great idea. But the reality of it is that the Apple Watch was just too darn intrusive for me. I'm a big fan of Apple products and I gave up my BlackBerry for an iPhone. But in the end I'm just an analog guy in a digital world.

My phone bugs me enough. I don't need my watch mirroring the phone and bugging me even more. Plus charging it every day was a pain in the ass.
Old 5 February 2020, 03:54 AM   #80
Always
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras47 View Post
I did exactly that with mine. I wanted to like it. Seemed like a great idea. But the reality of it is that the Apple Watch was just too darn intrusive for me. I'm a big fan of Apple products and I gave up my BlackBerry for an iPhone. But in the end I'm just an analog guy in a digital world.

My phone bugs me enough. I don't need my watch mirroring the phone and bugging me even more. Plus charging it every day was a pain in the ass.

My gosh...all very valid points! i guess you are right because when i think about it, i switched off most of the mirroring after a few days, except messages from certain people, as it was incredibly distracting when out for my long distance runs.
However, I love that i could "bling it up" despite its huge size (40mm) and its a great looking tech watch!

Old 5 February 2020, 03:56 AM   #81
Uggi
Banned

Quote:

Agree 100%. Plus.... a Rolex isn't listening to what you say and treating you like a free source of data for revenue purposes. Apple is insidious, Rolex is (largely) benign.
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 04:03 AM   #82
Brny11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi. I am female and received a beautiful, diamond dial, black mother of pearl, bi metal, jubilee style bracelet rolex just before last Christmas. I then received a gorgeous stainless steel Apple watch at Christmas.

I am torn between wearing my practical Apple watch (although i have customised my watch with a blingy bezel!) or my amazing Rolex...which would you wear more of or for different occasions?
I will add photos later!

They both have there place. It feels to me like commen sense when to wear each (don’t mean that in a condensending way). When I am out casually, Rolex. Around house & gym, Apple Watch. Work, 50/50 depending on attire.

Getting on a plane in a couple hours. Apple Watch 100% more comfortable, so its a no brainer.

Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 04:11 AM   #83
Always
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brny11 View Post
They both have there place. It feels to me like commen sense when to wear each (don’t mean that in a condensending way). When I am out casually, Rolex. Around house & gym, Apple Watch. Work, 50/50 depending on attire.

Getting on a plane in a couple hours. Apple Watch 100% more comfortable, so its a no brainer.

Thankyou for your reply!
All that you say definitely makes sense!

Old 5 February 2020, 05:05 AM   #84
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brny11 View Post

I think an additional picture at 8:24 would be fitting
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 05:07 AM   #85
crownprince
"TRF" Member

Apple Watch for working out and running

Rolex for work!
crownprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 06:02 AM   #86
woofwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 126200
As a few previous posters mentioned, I'm a big fan of putting my phone away a majority of the time. I love wearing my DJ and holding to my ear to listen to the ticking. And it's beautiful! As a woman who's very into jewelry I consider my Rolex to be just as satisfying to look at as my diamond rings. Never got that feeling from a smartphone or smartwatch.
woofwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 08:13 AM   #87
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultime View Post
I think that is the main point for me.
Another tracking device....which happens to tell the time.

Lol, that’s what they are human tracking devices. I was speaking with a veteran recently and he was telling me that troop movements can be tracked if they are wearing “smart” watches. Very concerning.

Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 01:26 PM   #88
gordonite
"TRF" Member

Even casey neistat, kindda tech-savvy youtuber, chose Rolex over Apple watch lol
gordonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 01:47 PM   #89
Koolpep
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky-Dweller TT Jub
If the Apple Watch gives you functionality you can’t live without, then wear it.

In all other cases, I would wear the Rolex. My wife switches watches a bit, but never to a smart watch....

While I wear mine on,y for the gym and sleep tracking. During the day it’s “real watches”....
Koolpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2020, 03:01 PM   #90
Wimbledon
Banned

Watch: Me Serve
Quote:

Both.

I wear a G-Shock when I'm training on the courts or working out.

Back in the day I used to wear my Submariner and GMT Pepsi everywhere for everything. Even during matches. But I stopped doing that with any of my newer models. They cost too much and are much heavier than the 80s and 90s models.

Enjoy both.
Wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote