The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 December 2021, 12:46 AM   #31
mathurss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMickey View Post
I've been drawn to the Zenith but every time the Sub Dials just don't look right to me. Maybe they are too big or its because they touch. Just not for me.

Wise move Mickey. Any time you get the more affordable substitute, you end up getting what you really wanted down the line after ponying up for the substitute.

Before all Rolex steel watches went crazy, my understanding is that Daytona’s were hard to find in an AD (like 8-10 years ago). Did they carry a premium preowned? If not maybe wait for a downturn in the market and buy preowned which would be at a price approaching retail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mathurss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 12:58 AM   #32
SaintMickey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
If on a budget the 16523, zenith 2tone is a great option…..a few different dials to choose from and I prefer the slate followed by black dial
Is the bracelet any different or better than similar years Sports models. Just wondering if they had improved or "rolled out" any improvements on the Daytona by chance.
SaintMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 03:08 AM   #33
Beto737
"TRF" Member

Yes you do, any Daytona will do. I believe every serious collector/enthusiast should strive to own at least one Daytona. Just my opinion..
Beto737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 03:20 AM   #34
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathurss View Post
Before all Rolex steel watches went crazy, my understanding is that Daytona’s were hard to find in an AD (like 8-10 years ago). Did they carry a premium preowned? If not maybe wait for a downturn in the market and buy preowned which would be at a price approaching retail.
Steel Daytonas have been hard to get from an AD since the late 80’s. Aside from a very brief period during the last recession, there has always been a premium for them in the secondary market. The 3X MSRP price used now is an alltime high but I don’t see them ever losing their appeal and elevated aftermarket value.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 05:06 AM   #35
franktehtank
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, GMT
Need is a funny word. Just say "want".

Daytona would look perfect in that collection. I would even consider letting one of the datejusts go.
franktehtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 05:18 AM   #36
SaintMickey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktehtank View Post
Need is a funny word. Just say "want".

Daytona would look perfect in that collection. I would even consider letting one of the datejusts go.
YES...which one I love 'em both!
Old 14 December 2021, 07:08 AM   #37
64Constellation
"TRF" Member

Nice discussion. First post on the forum after reading about 1000 threads in the past 4-5 years.
I was just about to pull the trigger this morning on a two-tone zenith Daytona with a white dial and diamond indices. Ticks all the boxes: neo-vintage, daytona, zenith, gold, diamond dial. Would be fun to own for a while, but I think I have to sell my 16570 polar to buy it. Not necessarily for the funds, but as a litmus test to see if I want it that bad...
Holding off for now, but the TT 16523 is the only one I could afford.
OK, fine... my wife said no... :(
64Constellation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 09:13 AM   #38
SaintMickey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64Constellation View Post
Nice discussion. First post on the forum after reading about 1000 threads in the past 4-5 years.
I was just about to pull the trigger this morning on a two-tone zenith Daytona with a white dial and diamond indices. Ticks all the boxes: neo-vintage, daytona, zenith, gold, diamond dial. Would be fun to own for a while, but I think I have to sell my 16570 polar to buy it. Not necessarily for the funds, but as a litmus test to see if I want it that bad...
Hahaha!

Yes I agree… I could sell a watch or two and I immediately have any Daytona within reason I want. I haven’t so what does that say…
Old 14 December 2021, 09:16 AM   #39
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64Constellation View Post

I’d let an explorer go for the Daytona…..
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 01:58 AM   #40
64Constellation
"TRF" Member

The TT 16523. A historical reference in two-tone and diamonds? Sounds about as Rolex as a steel sub. I think I have to try it to find out.

Any advice on how I can sell my 16570 tritium polar in great condition and original factory finishing and papers? It's beautiful, but I would like to experience more rolex references without investing more.

I have never sold a watch, but would like to get closer to retail value since I bought it a year ago. I have read that you need more posts? or a sales history?
64Constellation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 03:06 AM   #41
OrangeSport
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
No
Old 15 December 2021, 04:29 AM   #42
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMickey View Post
Is the bracelet any different or better than similar years Sports models. Just wondering if they had improved or "rolled out" any improvements on the Daytona by chance.
The bracelet is similar to the bracelet on a 2 tone sub of the same time…..if kept in good shape they are great bracelets……the watch head on a zenith is lighter so there is no need for a heavier/bulkier bracelet….
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 07:19 AM   #43
russellg
"TRF" Member

Daytona for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
russellg is offline   Reply With Quote