The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 July 2021, 04:41 PM   #1
PJ03029174
"TRF" Member

Heathrow Terminal 5 / Chile Santiago ADs

Hi

I’m on the ‘Interest List’ for a Sub No Date at my local Goldsmiths AD in the UK and have an upcoming work trip to Chile in a few weeks time. I was just wondering if anyone knew how the Airport Terminal ADs allocate stock? Do they typically have less stock?. Do they have their own interest lists for frequent travellers? Was just curious.

I’m not expecting anything, I’ve just missed my 40th Birthday which was the original plan but have a 10yr Wedding Anniversary coming up in 3 years so if I haven’t had a call in 2years, then il start panicking.
PJ03029174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2021, 09:32 PM   #2
Becca1
"TRF" Member

I always found it walk in and try your luck.No lists.
I flew through t5 in august 2016,they had amongst others on display a green sub,black Daytona and a white gold gmt which I tried on.
I’d already bought a ND sub in Cardiff two weeks earlier so I passed.
The Daytona was just short of £7k tax free,the gmt was £19.5 ish.
The last few times I’ve been through they’ve had nothing sporty,all depends on your luck I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Becca1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2021, 10:01 PM   #3
PJ03029174
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the input Becca1, as I said I’m not expecting anything but maybe luck might balance the odds of having a multi watch purchase history as I have to save hard to get 6.5k for a special watch. I can’t afford another 4 I don’t want.
Old 28 July 2021, 11:05 PM   #4
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ03029174 View Post
Hi

I’m on the ‘Interest List’ for a Sub No Date at my local Goldsmiths AD in the UK and have an upcoming work trip to Chile in a few weeks time. I was just wondering if anyone knew how the Airport Terminal ADs allocate stock? Do they typically have less stock?. Do they have their own interest lists for frequent travellers? Was just curious.

I’m not expecting anything, I’ve just missed my 40th Birthday which was the original plan but have a 10yr Wedding Anniversary coming up in 3 years so if I haven’t had a call in 2years, then il start panicking.
To about 2018 it was all walk in (no purchase history, first come first serve). Bought my blnr as a walk in 2018, no purchase history was brought up

By Mid 2019 that was 100% all over. I was offered a TT CNHR GMT as I asked to see one if they had one. purchase history was required to even discuss it and they looked me up on their system before they let me know that they did have one in for me to look at.

I had bought 2 watches from them historically and was wearing the BLNR from the year before. Turned down the TT gmt however

They said during our conversation that they were moving away from this model and all Heathrow boutiques will be on an advance allocation basis, for frequent customers/ flyers and should I want anything to please call them in advance as they will have my history on file and see what they can do. I used to fly through about twice a month before covid

As a non-existing customer I think you have zero chance, as the ‘hot models’ will be put aside for existing customers who order one before flying through. No harm in asking, and certainly you can build a relationship with the airport AD as they are the same (WOS) across each terminal, in Heathrow. Best of luck
VacherObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2021, 11:15 PM   #5
PJ03029174
"TRF" Member

Thanks VacherObsessive, pretty much exactly how I thought it would be but it’s good to hear your experience, thanks