The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 September 2005, 06:02 AM   #1
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Seen a few good fakes lately?

Hi guys,

Never was one to support fakes and hate the ba$trds who make them, but I very reluctantly had to admit that these were damn good jobs.....here's the link:

http://qyzq039.watch3znow10bymail.com/

What do you think?

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2005, 06:52 AM   #2
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
On the surface the Rolexes look reasonably good from the pictures. I didn't check them all out, but the Breitling Olympus fake is an abomination. It looks no more like the Olympus than an Omega. It's pathetic.

But why even dignify that site's existence by spreading around the link.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2005, 10:26 AM   #3
molex
"TRF" Member

Can anyone explain to me why a website like this isn't shut down, and the people who make these abominations prosecuted? Isn't this kind of trademark violation illegal??
molex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2005, 11:24 AM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex
On the surface the Rolexes look reasonably good from the pictures. I didn't check them all out, but the Breitling Olympus fake is an abomination. It looks no more like the Olympus than an Omega. It's pathetic.

But why even dignify that site's existence by spreading around the link.
Yeah well, Ed, you guys should know how much I detest fakes...but someone e-mailed this to me on my office address and I thought I'd just share it with some of the newcomers just in order to make them fully aware of what's going on out there.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 5 September 2005, 11:26 AM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by molex
Can anyone explain to me why a website like this isn't shut down, and the people who make these abominations prosecuted? Isn't this kind of trademark violation illegal??
Micah,

This is not the only one out there. There are literally hundreds of sites openly advertising fake Rolexes. Rolex can't be bothered and don't have the time either.

As for the fakes....well, those buggers are telling you that these are replicas. It's now entirely upto you as to whether you want to buy them or not.

JJ

Old 5 September 2005, 05:18 PM   #6
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Well myself dont like replicas,but as long as they are sold as replicas.But what get me is when they try to sell as the genuine thing.These scum should
be hung drawn and quartered very slowly.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2005, 07:49 PM   #7
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56
Well myself dont like replicas,but as long as they are sold as replicas.But what get me is when they try to sell as the genuine thing.These scum should
be hung drawn and quartered very slowly.
Agreed, Padi.

Seen a lot of that in India and you'd be surprised how many suckers fall for it.

Fortunately, since the last few years, Bombay has now allowed legal entry of Rolex into the country and has authorised dealers all over.....so that would stem the flow somewhat. However, 12~15 years ago it was a nightmare for fakes and scams!!

Old 5 September 2005, 07:52 PM   #8
mamas
"TRF" Member

A lot os these fake sites use real watches in their pics and send the buyer some crappy hong kong fake.. i suppose if they are knowingly buying such rubbish then it serves them right.. i just feel sorry for those who are scammed
mamas
mamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2005, 07:55 PM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamas
A lot os these fake sites use real watches in their pics and send the buyer some crappy hong kong fake.. i suppose if they are knowingly buying such rubbish then it serves them right.. i just feel sorry for those who are scammed
mamas
I NEVER feel sorry for those who are scammed, especially those who go ahead and pay FULL price for a fake without doing any kind of background check, etc.

Simple rule of thumb: In case of any doubts, just don't do the deal. Rather pay a few extra $$$ and walk in through the portals of an AD.

Old 5 September 2005, 08:01 PM   #10
mamas
"TRF" Member

Well it depends .. i dont feel sorry for those who buy a rolex off ebay from a person in china at full rrp .. but some US and UK powersellers with close to / over 1000 sales have been selling some fake omegas (most recent was a uk powerseller selling a omega SMP GMT black dial)...this makes it much more difficult unless you are really good at spotting fakes... think such people should be prosecuted.
mamas
mamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2005, 02:11 AM   #11
baseballduck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
I don't really support "replicas" myself. Some of the supposed "swiss made replicas" are supposed just like the real thing but cost about $1,000 USD. I seriously doubt they are that good. If you ask me if your going to spend in the thousands for a replica, save up a little more and go for the real thing.

Tyler
Member #84
baseballduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2005, 02:25 AM   #12
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Would 100% agree with you there Tyler,would never pay that sort of money
for any watch replica.There nothing like the feeling of putting your first Rolex
on your wrist,so keep saving it will be well worth it.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 6 September 2005, 04:37 AM   #13
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Tyler,

That's good advice from a veteran. Nothing like walking tall in the knowledge and feeling that you've got the real McCoy strapped around your wrist!!!

Old 6 September 2005, 07:07 AM   #14
baseballduck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
I just came back from the mall. Which is where the local AD is. The price of the SS sub with date is $4,527 USD. My parents said I can't get one unless I save up. Those things are so much better than replicas. Could anybody let me borrow $4,527? One quick question, how do you get the discounts when you buy them? Do you have to trade in or something?

Tyler
Member #84
baseballduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2005, 07:10 AM   #15
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballduck
I just came back from the mall. Which is where the local AD is. The price of the SS sub with date is $4,527 USD. My parents said I can't get one unless I save up. Those things are so much better than replicas. Could anybody let me borrow $4,527? One quick question, how do you get the discounts when you buy them? Do you have to trade in or something?

Tyler
You don't necessarily have to trade in anything.

If it's a straight cash deal, you could ask for 15% discount and you might be lucky to get that!

Good luck - JJ

Old 6 September 2005, 08:43 AM   #16
Rockrolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballduck

Tyler
With US ADs, Tyler, you usually have to have been a steady customer to get any kind of a discount on a Rolex. ADs here are very protective of their situation and are afraid of losing their franchise if Rolex finds out they are discounting the watches. There are some models ADs are willing to discount by up to 10 - 15%, but you're not going to get that on the more popular models.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 6 September 2005, 09:08 AM   #17
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
With US ADs, Tyler, you usually have to have been a steady customer to get any kind of a discount on a Rolex. ADs here are very protective of their situation and are afraid of losing their franchise if Rolex finds out they are discounting the watches. There are some models ADs are willing to discount by up to 10 - 15%, but you're not going to get that on the more popular models.
...unless, of course, you come and meet up with JJ in NZ who, in turn, will take you to Mansor's to feast your eyes on all that bling-bling and cleavage and then leave the country with the deal of a lifetime!!!!

Old 6 September 2005, 12:36 PM   #18
Rockrolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
...unless, of course, you come and meet up with JJ in NZ who, in turn, will take you to Mansor's to feast your eyes on all that bling-bling and cleavage and then leave the country with the deal of a lifetime!!!!
Now let's see. I spend $2,000 on airfare, plus, say $500 on hotel and meals (and that's very optimistic) to spend $5,000 on a watch and save $750. Yep, that's certainly the deal of a lifetime. I'll be there tomorrow.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 6 September 2005, 12:44 PM   #19
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

I most certainly will look forward to that!! Tell me....what time should I pick you up at the airport??

Old 6 September 2005, 12:54 PM   #20
Rockrolex

Quote:
I most certainly will look forward to that!! Tell me....what time should I pick you up at the airport??
I'll call you when I arrive.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 6 September 2005, 01:39 PM   #21
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
I'll call you when I arrive.
LOL! What a pair of tossers we are, uh Ed?

Old 6 September 2005, 07:56 PM   #22
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Well I can think of one, and his name is certainly not Ed.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 7 September 2005, 08:02 AM   #23
mbogo

Those photos are computer-generated, so they should be perfect. I doubt the POS you get in the mail looks anywhere near as good as a genuine Rolex Oyster.

George
mbogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2005, 12:15 PM   #24
Rockrolex

Quote:
What do mean, "we," paleface?

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 7 September 2005, 04:08 PM   #25
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
What do mean, "we," paleface?
"Paleface"???

That's a new one on me....I've been called a lot of names in the past, but you, of course, would have to come up with something unique for me, uh?

Old 7 September 2005, 11:21 PM   #26
Rockrolex

Obviously, JJ, you are not familiar with Lone Ranger jokes.

The Lone Ranger and his trusty sidekick, Tonto (the (American) Indian scout), are surrounded by Indians. The Lone Ranger turns to Tonto, and says, "We are in a difficult position, here, Tonto." And Tonto replies, "What do you mean "We", paleface."

It kind of loses its humor a bit when you have to explain it, but that's the source of my comment.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 7 September 2005, 11:24 PM   #27
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
LMAO!! I thought it was a great comeback Ed, but you are right, when you have to write a thesis to explain it, the edge sort of comes off.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2005, 11:27 PM   #28
Rockrolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman
LMAO!! I thought it was a great comeback Ed, but you are right, when you have to write a thesis to explain it, the edge sort of comes off.
That's the problem with Kiwis, Daren. You just have to spell everything out for them in words of one syllable or less. But you have to make allowances because they are so cute and lovable.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Old 8 September 2005, 01:57 AM   #29
----

Quote:
That's the problem with Kiwis, Daren. You just have to spell everything out for them in words of one syllable or less. But you have to make allowances because they are so cute and lovable.
Cute and lovable? Are we talking about the flightless bird, or JJ (or both)?

Old 8 September 2005, 02:02 AM   #30
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Cute and lovable? Are we talking about the flightless bird, or JJ (or both)?

No doubt the bird is cute. I WILL NOT say that about JJ...

But hey, we all love him, right!