The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 May 2024, 03:51 AM   #1
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
New Sub 126040 - 3230 losing time

New Sub started loosing 2.5-3s a day after only 3 months. Similar experience anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 03:52 AM   #2
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
Yes. The 3235 movement has had some “issues”. There’s a massive thread about it.

Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 03:53 AM   #3
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

New Sub 126040 - 3230 loosing time

Edit: beg your pardon all the 32 series.

Is it out of cosc or out of superlative. Because if it’s only -2.5 then it definitely is not worth considering taking in at this point.

Old 11 May 2024, 04:01 AM   #4
belutak
"TRF" Member

New Sub 126040 - 3230 loosing time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddypeepa View Post
Edit: beg your pardon all the 32 series.

Is it out of cosc or out of superlative. Because if it’s only -2.5 then it definitely is not worth considering taking in at this point.

It was 0-0 for 3 months than a few days ago started loosing 2-3s a day and today more like -3.5 s

Old 11 May 2024, 04:03 AM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by belutak View Post
New Sub started loosing 2.5-3s a day after only 3 months. Similar experience anyone?

Wow how can you live with a watch loosing 2.5 to 3 seconds a day out of 86400 seconds in a day.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 05:27 AM   #6
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Wow how can you live with a watch loosing 2.5 to 3 seconds a day out of 86400 seconds in a day.
Dude will you please chill on this? Like we all know your stance on the 86400 seconds and people getting upset that they paid 10k or more for a time piece that doesn’t do what it’s stated to do. At this point I think the number of times you’ve commented this rivals the number of members that posted on the 32xx issue thread
JMGoodnight369 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 12:10 PM   #7
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Peter

I accept that this frustrates you. That ultimate performance is not important to you. I understand why and that your priorities lie elsewhere (as they should)

But the sarcasm on this and every other related post is not needed.

We all have differing priorities for whatever reason. We all have different thresholds for what is acceptable to us. No one's priorities or thresholds are ultimately right or wrong. They are just different.

You have, what, about 20 years more time on this planet than I do, but if I can give you any advice it would be this.

Don't waste time with negative emotions over trivial matters. Don't waste it on anything at all of you can do that too. As you know, time is far too precious for that.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 12:48 PM   #8
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Peter

I accept that this frustrates you. That ultimate performance is not important to you. I understand why and that your priorities lie elsewhere (as they should)

We all have differing priorities for whatever reason. We all have different thresholds for what is acceptable to us. No one's priorities or thresholds are ultimately right or wrong. They are just different.

You have, what, about 20 years more time on this planet than I do, but if I can give you any advice it would be this.

Don't waste time with negative emotions over trivial matters. Don't waste it on anything at all of you can do that too. As you know, time is far too precious for that.

11/10 Scott.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 02:53 PM   #9
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Peter

Probability of a change is < 0,00115741 % (1:86400)
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 04:48 PM   #10
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Probability of a change is < 0,00115741 % (1:86400)
Good one.
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 05:02 PM   #11
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

You still have 4 years and 9 months remaining on your warranty. My advice is not to rush into sending it to RSC yet but rather to see how the watch settles over the next 6 months before revisiting the issue.
omar-rye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2024, 12:50 AM   #12
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

Quote:
In all seriousness, I wouldn’t want that. I’m ok with gaining a few second as. That’s an easy fix where you just stop the watch for a moment once a week and move on. Fiddling around with a watch that runs slow sucks.

Which brings me to: am I making a mistake buying a new datejust? Maybe I should look at neo vintage there as well. Seems like everything made these days is somehow a bit worse than it used to be.
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2024, 12:58 AM   #13
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7enderbender View Post
I’ll m all seriousness, I wouldn’t want that. I’m ok with gaining a few second as. That’s an easy fix where you just stop the watch for a moment once a week and move on. Fiddling around with a watch that runs slow sucks.
^^Siure, it’s less than ideal as most want their watches to be slightly fast. It’s the luck of the calibration when you buy a new watch how it will play out. If you absolutely need your watch to be slightly fast, then the only solution is to send it in for a calibration. It’s no different than most of our $ix figure new cars needing fixed for a stupid manufacturing quality control mistakes. You usually find them in the first month of ownership and then things get much better. Of course we shouldn’t have to do it, but the reality is, rarely nothing is perfect and the higher end you go the more your expectations are and the more you may get discouraged.
How would you feel if your $90k Nautilus was -4 seconds a day slow because that isn’t any more unusual.
Old 12 May 2024, 02:16 AM   #14
East of Eden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7enderbender View Post
In all seriousness, I wouldn’t want that. I’m ok with gaining a few second as. That’s an easy fix where you just stop the watch for a moment once a week and move on. Fiddling around with a watch that runs slow sucks.

Which brings me to: am I making a mistake buying a new datejust? Maybe I should look at neo vintage there as well. Seems like everything made these days is somehow a bit worse than it used to be.
Personally, I wouldn’t buy any 32xx watch. As I’ve said here before, life has enoughunpleasant surprises without stepping into a known issue. Would you buy a car with a really bad reliability rating?
Old 12 May 2024, 02:22 AM   #15
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by East of Eden View Post
Personally, I wouldn’t buy any 32xx watch. As I’ve said here before, life has enoughunpleasant surprises without stepping into a known issue. Would you buy a car with a really bad reliability rating?
Well that's your perocative but there must be millions of others that will, and they still sell every one they make with the 32 series movement.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2024, 02:29 AM   #16
East of Eden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well that's your perocative but there must be millions of others that will, and they still sell every one they make with the 32 series movement.
And all of those buying them are fully aware of the issue? Heck, even many on TRF aren’t.
Old 12 May 2024, 02:48 AM   #17
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by East of Eden View Post
Are you pretty much done with Rolex then?? I guess the 4130 cal is probably the only movement I could recommend as every other workhorse caliber has had some flaw or minor issue over the years. Then there is the calibers that didn’t get any intense scrutiny pre-Internet days so who knows how many Rolex movements would live up to today’s expectations?? There will never be a satisfying ending or solution that the public will get if there is/was a problem with any Rolex movement. This is how Rolex works and really has a “we don’t care if you buy our watches” mentality. Rolex as a brand expects their customers to be o.k with a tyrannical relationship.
Old 12 May 2024, 03:18 AM   #18
East of Eden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Are you pretty much done with Rolex then??
Why would I be? The conversation is about one specific movement. No issues with my four non-32xx movements.
Old 11 May 2024, 04:04 AM   #19
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Position, remaining power reserve, temperature all affect time keeping.

Also, as the movement “settles” time keeping can change a bit like a car engine being run in.

86400 seconds in a day.

https://calibercorner.com/positions/#google_vignette

Old 11 May 2024, 04:07 AM   #20
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Bottom line, some care about the +2/-2 Rolex advertised spec and others don’t.

Since yours is outside the advertised spec and if it bothers you, send it in.

Personally, I wouldn’t notice that in practical use and it wouldn’t bother me.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 04:11 AM   #21
belutak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Bottom line, some care about the +2/-2 Rolex advertised spec and others don’t.

Since yours is outside the advertised spec and if it bothers you, send it in.

Personally, I wouldn’t notice that in practical use and it wouldn’t bother me.

It bothers me because it is brand new and it went out of COSC spec literally within a few days. The sudden change worries me.

Old 11 May 2024, 04:13 AM   #22
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
It bothers me because it is brand new and it went out of COSC spec literally within a few days. The sudden change worries me.

As I said, send it in then

brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 06:40 AM   #23
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:

COSC spec is -4 to + 6 seconds per day, so not out of COSC spec, but out of Rolex stated spec of -2 to + 2. As Brian said, send it in, if it bothers you. Personally, I wouldn’t unless it actually does go out of COSC spec.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 05:15 AM   #24
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Wait, don't take it in just yet. Keep wearing it and try self regulation with the rest position. Horizontal up seems to yield positive variance with the 32xx, enough to offset most of the loss from wearing it. It's mechanical, don't sweat it. Honestly, - 3s/d is nothing. I'd personally take it in at - 10, if it bothers you.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 05:21 AM   #25
belutak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
Wait, don't take it in just yet. Keep wearing it and try self regulation with the rest position. Horizontal up seems to yield positive variance with the 32xx, enough to offset most of the loss from wearing it. It's mechanical, don't sweat it. Honestly, - 3s/d is nothing. I'd personally take it in at - 10, if it bothers you.

What bothers me is the sudden change for the brand new watch. It also appears worse if rested face up over night.

Old 11 May 2024, 05:48 AM   #26
rohada
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It also appears worse if rested face up over night.
For my 11 and 12 series, face up always speeds up my watches when resting overnight. I slow them down by resting them crown up. That's been my experience with the Rolex watches I currently own.

As mentioned above, sometimes overnight positioning for regulating purposes can have the desired effect. I'd try that first over several nights, because you have plenty of warranty time to get it addressed, if need be. I wish you well.
Old 11 May 2024, 05:34 AM   #27
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

I have heard of the sea dwellers mainly and other 3235 movements having the issue, but not the 124060 with the 3230.
Are there issues with the 124060 as well?
* I will say I’ve had issues with the 3235 and it certainly was not only -3 seconds per day. More like 30 to 45 and more.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 06:03 AM   #28
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman1 View Post
I have heard of the sea dwellers mainly and other 3235 movements having the issue, but not the 124060 with the 3230.
* I will say I’ve had issues with the 3235 and it certainly was not only -3 seconds per day. More like 30 to 45 and more.
I chime in on this one. Yes I had purchased a 124060 from the AD in January of 2022. It ran at -5/6 that day. I had hope that it would settle in and maybe start running a little faster but it actually got worse. I took it on a trip to NYC in October of that year and they said amplitude was well below where it should be. So they serviced it and it took almost 3 months to get it back. Since then it’s been running better. It’s slow on the wrist but pretty fast dial up resting. Maybe that’s how it has to be regulated. I had another 3235 do the same thing after about 5 months. Went from running +1.5 to -5/7. Really hoping my BLRO doesn’t have this prob
JMGoodnight369 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 11:13 PM   #29
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: GP Laureato
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGoodnight369 View Post
I chime in on this one. Yes I had purchased a 124060 from the AD in January of 2022. It ran at -5/6 that day. I had hope that it would settle in and maybe start running a little faster but it actually got worse. I took it on a trip to NYC in October of that year and they said amplitude was well below where it should be. So they serviced it and it took almost 3 months to get it back. Since then it’s been running better. It’s slow on the wrist but pretty fast dial up resting. Maybe that’s how it has to be regulated. I had another 3235 do the same thing after about 5 months. Went from running +1.5 to -5/7. Really hoping my BLRO doesn’t have this prob
It's a 3230 in your Submariner, 3235 is the date variant
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2024, 08:18 AM   #30
swexlin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman1 View Post
my 2021 DSSD ran about -2spd from new out of the box. Was like that for 15 months. Until, literally overnight, it went o 8, then 10, the 12 or more over the course of a couple days. No change in wearing or winding habits.

Sent it in to RSC, came back 2 months, running about +2spd, and that's been over a year now. Knock wood, LOL!
swexlin is online now   Reply With Quote