The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 19 December 2021, 06:25 AM   #421
QuantumOceanLawyer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Last one I bought
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Was this on purpose or a typo? Cos it's brilliant.

Hahah. Yes. Thank Siri for that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QuantumOceanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 07:00 AM   #422
BrunoMalik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweinwerfer View Post
Salmon is allegedly sold out due to my contact at Czapek.
I got one for delivery next like.. Aprilish or so.
Glad to hear you like it. I ordered it without having seen it (I only saw the dark blue one)
Greetings

It has not even been announced yet. How can it sell out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BrunoMalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 07:40 AM   #423
paxsinica
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMalik View Post

Probably from people in the know proactively contacting Czapek about reserving one
paxsinica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 01:16 AM   #424
amateurcollector
"TRF" Member

Really nice - thank you!
amateurcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 01:41 AM   #425
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:

I think prior customers get access to presales before the open public.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 02:20 AM   #426
MostlyCloudy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumOceanLawyer View Post
I have handled both. I like the salmon. I think the blue is probably easier to wear more often. The salmon isn’t so much salmon. More… sand. Wasn’t quite enough pink in it. My advice if you want us to get one sooner. They’re a bit behind but making moves to catch up. Better to get in line.

when u say blue, do u mean the dark blue that they have? or the lighter glacier blue coming out in 2022? thanks
MostlyCloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 02:29 AM   #427
MostlyCloudy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szabo_martin View Post
They all look great.. I agree the 12 ruins it a bit for me. Not a show stopper but given the choice prefer the double markers
haha i acty think the "12" makes it iconic
Old 20 December 2021, 02:31 AM   #428
MostlyCloudy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumOceanLawyer View Post
I have handled both. I like the salmon. I think the blue is probably easier to wear more often. The salmon isn’t so much salmon. More… sand. Wasn’t quite enough pink in it. My advice if you want us to get one sooner. They’re a bit behind but making moves to catch up. Better to get in line.

i see. when u say blue, do u mean the dark blue they currently have in their line up, or the lighter glacier blue that they are going to release in 2022?
Old 20 December 2021, 02:33 AM   #429
Patek_collector
"TRF" Member

new Antarctique blue delivery....

has now been pushed to Sept 2022 at the earliest.... interesting what is going on with Czapek and the Antarctique!
Patek_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 02:47 AM   #430
MostlyCloudy
"TRF" Member

any one has pics of the light blue "glacier" dial and the salmon dial that is slated to release in 2022?
Old 20 December 2021, 04:28 AM   #431
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
Seems Czapek now offer the double claw and “12” on their site. Win win plus adds even more variety
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 05:38 AM   #432
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

I get the desire for double claw / balanced visuals, quite a few timepieces are like that from various brands... for decades. Imho the double claw takes away a distinct and unique Czapek '12' charm. The font is great! Though yes, it boils down to preference.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 07:09 AM   #433
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Can’t go wrong either way. The 12 works well on the monochrome since the center of the 12 is white
Old 20 December 2021, 07:48 AM   #434
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Can’t go wrong either way. The 12 works well on the monochrome since the center of the 12 is white

Some closeup pics. The chosen elongated font works well to anchor to top visually imho. Small details, such as lume 'floor' of these top dial elements being equal, are nice design touches.

MONOCHROME-Montre-de-Souscription-2-Czapek-Monochrome-White-Edition-11_edited.jpg

MONOCHROME-Montre-de-Souscription-2-Czapek-Monochrome-Whitetion-11_edited.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 20 December 2021, 08:07 AM   #435
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

For those who are interested in glacier blue or salmon.

This info has been shared by my AD. Glacier blue has been switched from a limited to regular edition. However, to the best of my knowledge, all 2022 allocations have been sold out in the US. The salmon dial will be a limited edition (I have heard 100 pieces from another source). Some US ADs may have spots left for salmon dial as the ADs recently got the go ahead by Czapek to take orders. However, and I find this very interesting, both glacier blue and salmon will not be officially announced by Czapek as they cannot keep up with demand. So both these models are sort of available for people who follow Xavier or Czapek on personal level and are interested in the brand.

So if you are interested in Salmon or Glacier blue (2023), don’t wait for official announcement.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 09:48 AM   #436
JPMickB83
"TRF" Member

After countless hours of research, I’ve decided I like the Arabic 12 on the Monochrome. It gives the watch some additional character. :)

Current dilemma: I’m on the waiting list for a silver dial VC overseas and it might come in relatively soon. If I’m honest, I’m way more excited about the Czapek, but, you know, Holy Trinity. I believe some folks here already own both; which wins? Pros/cons?

I can’t justify two $20k+ watches that are so similar. What would you do?

JPMickB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 10:47 AM   #437
BrunoMalik
Banned

Czapek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMickB83 View Post
After countless hours of research, I’ve decided I like the Arabic 12 on the Monochrome. It gives the watch some additional character. :)

Current dilemma: I’m on the waiting list for a silver dial VC overseas and it might come in relatively soon. If I’m honest, I’m way more excited about the Czapek, but, you know, Holy Trinity. I believe some folks here already own both; which wins? Pros/cons?

I can’t justify two $20k+ watches that are so similar. What would you do?

I dont have an Overseas but i do have an AP RO 15500. The Antactique is superior in every category except the bracelet finishing. I rarely wear the AP anymore as the Czapek has taken up almost all my wrist time.

I never found the Overseas to be attractive to be honest. Just wears too big and its proportions are somewhat off. Im surprised they have a waitlist.

Old 20 December 2021, 11:15 AM   #438
JPMickB83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I dont have an Overseas but i do have an AP RO 15500. The Antactique is superior in every category except the bracelet finishing. I rarely wear the AP anymore as the Czapek has taken up almost all my wrist time.

I never found the Overseas to be attractive to be honest. Just wears too big and its proportions are somewhat off. Im surprised they have a waitlist.

Thanks Bruno. I tried on a 15400 AP a couple years ago and found it wore too large for my wrist, so if you’re saying the Overseas feels bigger than that, then perhaps cancelling my order (aka “place in line”, haha) is a wise idea for the Vacheron.

I do wish the Czapek bracelet/case had a nice polished chamfer along the top edge, but c’est la vie, haha. I also wish it had screws rather than pins, but the pin pusher tool is a nice touch. Did you have any issues sizing your Antarctique?

JPMickB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 11:28 AM   #439
Sjmoore11
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp II - old & new
Quote:
I also wish it had screws rather than pins, but the pin pusher tool is a nice touch. Did you have any issues sizing your Antarctique?
I agree that I’d rather have screws, but the pin pusher worked really well. The “base” of the pusher has ridges that hold the links in place perfectly. It lined them up so well I was even able to push the pins back in. Normally I use a pusher tool to remove and then a mallet to reinstall.
So no issues, the pin pusher is very well designed and a fantastic inclusion to the kit.
Sjmoore11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 12:01 PM   #440
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Interesting you feel its better than the 15500. That’s a watch I’ve always wanted but without an ad in canada seems I kept getting other watches. Not complaining since the others were mostly Patek. I found Czapek 2 years ago when nobody heard of them. Would be interesting if they popped like fp journe… demand seems to be growing rapidly.
Old 20 December 2021, 01:50 PM   #441
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting you feel its better than the 15500. That’s a watch I’ve always wanted but without an ad in canada seems I kept getting other watches. Not complaining since the others were mostly Patek. I found Czapek 2 years ago when nobody heard of them. Would be interesting if they popped like fp journe… demand seems to be growing rapidly.
I would be pretty surprised. FPJ is very very original, same with other brands that have popped.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 05:57 PM   #442
BrunoMalik
Banned

Quote:
Thanks Bruno. I tried on a 15400 AP a couple years ago and found it wore too large for my wrist, so if you’re saying the Overseas feels bigger than that, then perhaps cancelling my order (aka “place in line”, haha) is a wise idea for the Vacheron.

I do wish the Czapek bracelet/case had a nice polished chamfer along the top edge, but c’est la vie, haha. I also wish it had screws rather than pins, but the pin pusher tool is a nice touch. Did you have any issues sizing your Antarctique?

I was able to size the bracelet very easily with the pin pusher tool. It is well designed and “mistake free”. Screws would have been better but higher risk of scratching a link while changing the bracelet.

Regarding the lack of polish on the case, i suppose its a matter of preference. I dont miss it at all. As a matter of fact, i think it suits the character of the watch better. Also, i think it makes it more durable. I have been wearing it for almost a year now and it has held up extremely well with the case still looking pristine. The bracelet on the other hand, is jewelry like and will pick up scratches.

Old 20 December 2021, 06:06 PM   #443
BrunoMalik
Banned

Quote:

I think the Antarctique is a winner. I would rank it 2nd narrowly behind the Nautilus 5711/5712. But i would rank its movement 1st well ahead of anyone else.

The 15500 is cool to show off at a party but wears too big and cumbersome. Its like a mini offshore.
Old 21 December 2021, 01:43 AM   #444
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Yeah the Czapek movement is a tough one to place since all the other players use Geneva striping and traditional bridge plates etc. Czapek with the skeletonized bridges and micro rotor with sandblasted surfaces is a different animal all together. Definitely harks back to the original Czapek pocket watches and allows for a great views of the movement. When viewed through a loupe is the finishing on par with the "big boys"
Old 21 December 2021, 01:58 AM   #445
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Descisions descisions. Chose all-steel hand (no red because this is MONOchrome) and black rubber strap, with a few other straps if Monochrome can procure them (orange, think orange rubber Czapek :) ). Here's some pics for those still trying to decide on which options to choose:

OPTION-HANDS---Full-Red.jpg

OPTION-HANDS---Full-steel.jpg

OPTION-HANDS---Steel-and-Red.jpg

OPTION-STRAP---Black-rubber.jpg

OPTION-STRAP---Grey-rubber.jpg

OPTION-STRAP---White-rubber.jpg

Old 21 December 2021, 02:26 AM   #446
Schweinwerfer
"TRF" Member

It's so stunning.
Czapek really created a new icon for years to come.
Can't wait to finally receive mine!
Schweinwerfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 02:38 AM   #447
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Tough call on the hands... on the monochrome I feel you need full red or full steel....thats just me though. I got "just the tip" on my Fratello but now thinking maybe should've done full orange... ah decisions.. some good reading below if your a nerd like me

https://escapementmagazine.com/artic...part-one.html/
https://escapementmagazine.com/artic...part-two.html/
https://escapementmagazine.com/artic...rt-three.html/
Old 21 December 2021, 02:39 AM   #448
MostlyCloudy
"TRF" Member

any one has the bracelet brushed instead of polished?
Old 21 December 2021, 04:14 AM   #449
thewatchidiot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyCloudy View Post
any one has the bracelet brushed instead of polished?

I did that
thewatchidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2021, 03:04 PM   #450
Patek_collector
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Cant wait to get home and unwrap the Fratello... so I guess that one wouldn't have the new clasp yet

Martin… we wre waiting for your pictures

Patek_collector is offline   Reply With Quote