The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Reference Library

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 August 2023, 10:03 AM   #38
scooter9
"TRF" Member

Dial markings on early reference 114200

Hi, everyone, I am trying to document the dials of the reference model 114200 and 114210 AK. Specifically, while the online blogs and resources I have seen describe the 1142X0 AK as transitioning to the chronometer certified 3130 and thus displaying the markings "superlative chronometer officially certified" on the dial (replacing the 14000M's "Precision" marking), I am wondering exactly when this transition occurred and whether or not there were some early 2007 runs of the 1142X0 AK that in fact have the "Precision" dial versus the "superlative..." markings that generally distinguish the reference model.

Bonus points for pointers to literature, official or otherwise, on this topic.

To give you an example, BQ Watches of London has a salmon replacement dial listed on their website, identified as a 114200 dial, but with the "Precision" marking. And I would post a link but I haven't hit the 10 posts requirement yet to have links in text. Of course it could be misdescribed as a 114200 vs. 14000M or post-tritium 14000, but it's not the only example I have come across.

Thx for any thoughts and article references on this. I'm a big fan of the AK series and I currently own a blue explorer-style dial 14000M, wearing it on a Nato strap because it wears great with a thin Nato (and the oyster bracelet is safely tucked away for now).
- scooter
scooter9 is offline   Reply With Quote