The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 5 April 2024, 08:28 AM   #31
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Ah, I see. I'm sorry you had to go through with this. I can only imagine how frustrated you are. It's ok. It's money, only money & you're getting your watch back.

Wishlist: 128236; 5396G; 15550ST; 384.029
piratfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 09:46 AM   #32
Zoomerang
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600
At least dispute the FedEx charge if you can, assuming you paid with a credit card.
Zoomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 03:11 PM   #33
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quick update

FeD Ex Returned the watch to me from Germany. Once that driver said pkg was refused (which it wasn't according to SINN), there is no way delivery could be attempted again...

Whether they charged me for the return shipping, I don't know yet..

So, I was advised on another forum to contact SINN directly and ask them to provide me a shipping label. I would pay for label and return label as part of my service invoice.

They sent a UPS label. I shipped on Tuesday. Watch was delivered in Germany on Friday.

Verdit: Don't use FED EX to ship to SINN.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 09:50 PM   #34
2000-NJDEVILS
"TRF" Member

To the OP -

3 things post problem to do:
1-Hoping that you paid FedEx with an American Express Card - if so, tell them the timeline of events and they will credit your money back and then they will investigate and hopefully subrogate with FedEx (You did pay for a failed service) for the money you spent on a failed delivery.
2-Go to your Congressional office and file a detailed report with the staffers there - you would be surprised at how the “Political People” are able to get decision makers to the phone and get you a favorable outcome.
3-Talk to an assistant prosecutor with your state attorney generals office. Since the withholding (loss) of your watch is over $1000 this is considered a theft or larceny - the fact that you are required to pay for their FRAUDULENT SALES PRACTICE (key word there) makes this a crime (unless of course your receipt says specifically that they use 3rd party companies to fulfill orders AND that they CANNOT GUARANTEE the delivery).
Since it did cross state lines it could also be a federal offense but I don’t know if this is something that your local US Attorney would have any interest in pursuing……

Let us know if helps you out of a very stressful and difficult situation!
2000-NJDEVILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 07:58 AM   #35
stockae92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratfisk View Post
OMG, this is an awful outcome.

Out of curiosity & please tell me to shut up if this comes off as poking the bear, but I'm curious why you'd send a watch back to Germany for routine maintenance? The Sinn website says the UX is powered by:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't any local watchmaker replace/repair an ETA quartz movement?
UX is oil filled, apparently Germany HQ is the only place Sinn can service it. Battery change is easy, oil filling apparently is more difficult than we imagine.
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 08:15 AM   #36
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post
UX is oil filled, apparently Germany HQ is the only place Sinn can service it. Battery change is easy, oil filling apparently is more difficult than we imagine.
Neat! I can see why no one local would be specialized enough to deal with it. Too bad we'll never know how quickly Sinn could've repaired it...

Wishlist: 128236; 5396G; 15550ST; 384.029
piratfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 09:34 AM   #37
chro.nic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratfisk View Post
Neat! I can see why no one local would be specialized enough to deal with it. Too bad we'll never know how quickly Sinn could've repaired it...
Well, Sinn have the watch now.
Hopefully the OP can update when it's ready!!

.nic
chro.nic is offline   Reply With Quote