The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 31 August 2019, 11:21 PM   #31
PJ S
Banned

^
You’re correct, Vacheron doesn’t have it’s own sub-forum, but then neither did Seiko until fairly recently – so it may happen at some point, but it’s not a priority for the owner/moderating team right now.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2019, 01:26 AM   #32
BobDyl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
It will come soon, the new ladies Nautilus pieces have great micro adjustment.

I did not know that. Good news. Maybe it'll coincide with availability! (Doubtful)
BobDyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2019, 01:27 AM   #33
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMike View Post
It is discontinued. The price was high, but it is for a full WG watch. How muh does the 5711r retail for? $53,300. So pretty much the same. As for Joma, they do not have it in stock:
https://www.jomashop.com/vacheron-co...120g-b122.html
My price was in Pounds and when released it was around £10K more than the 5711R I recall, and even the salesman said these would indeed be a very hard sell. Looks very cynical by VC to disco this instead of pricing it more fairly, looks like sacrificing this to get some hype going on it and for the others.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2019, 02:47 AM   #34
somebodyy
Banned

They discontinued it over a year ago already. Also I don't see any hype and unlike other brands they didn't even comunicate it's end openly – weird flex of you...

And in that price range 20k more or less wouldn't make much of a difference. It makes me chuckle if people believe "fairer" pricing would sell them better. There are many more factors than those numbers.
somebodyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2019, 04:09 AM   #35
AK797
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyy View Post
They discontinued it over a year ago already. Also I don't see any hype and unlike other brands they didn't even comunicate it's end openly – weird flex of you...

And in that price range 20k more or less wouldn't make much of a difference. It makes me chuckle if people believe "fairer" pricing would sell them better. There are many more factors than those numbers.
You seriously believe overpricing something doesn't make a difference? If so I'd like to introduce you to the last two years where price has meant everything and the watches themselves have become a distant second consideration. Everyone is now out for a bargain, if not blatant profits, and VC made a huge mistake in overpricing these just before the hype hit, and now it has that overpricing is a double sin and has probably made them kill the watch altogether instead of even trying to give it a fair shot.
Old 1 September 2019, 04:25 AM   #36
somebodyy
Banned

There are things like marketing, brand recognition, social recognition etc pp. All these things weight heavier than the actual price. Besides that only very few ppl are actually aware of this watch. So yes, a cheaper price wouldn't matter as much as you think. You can afford a watch for 40k you high likely can afford one for 60k as well. But that is like the least problem! This is luxury – wrong place for rational thinking.

I don't get why you insult Vacheron for their pricing. It's not like they're the only ones that do that and Patek is not excluded.
Old 1 September 2019, 04:38 AM   #37
AK797
Banned

Quote:
There are things like marketing, brand recognition, social recognition etc pp. All these things weight heavier than the actual price. Besides that only very few ppl are actually aware of this watch. So yes, a cheaper price wouldn't matter as much as you think. You can afford a watch for 40k you high likely can afford one for 60k as well. But that is like the least problem! This is luxury – wrong place for rational thinking.

I don't get why you insult Vacheron for their pricing. It's not like they're the only ones that do that and Patek is not excluded.
I disagree with your premise that because people have money and can afford these watches they don't care about price, they certainly do and what they care about far more in this social media age is looking like mugs and nothing says mug more than overpaying for something, that's why you have so many millionaires chasing after lowly 5711s that they should have gotten over years ago, but even they want the in watch and the profits, that's why that market has gotten so crazy and for so long.

As for VC overpricing this model, which was obvious from day one as I despaired of in the AD, and then discoing it so soon has rankled me I will admit. I felt the same with the 4500v which should have been £2-3K under the Nautilus but was priced around the same, and the AP Code release, and when a new Lange sports watch is released next year I hope Lange lose this hubris and price it smartly and in SS to compete in today's market.
Old 1 September 2019, 05:02 AM   #38
somebodyy
Banned

I don’t know how to explain...
I do believe a price change of 20k wouldn’t give that particular model much more success as we reached a price point where it doesn’t matter as much as in the lower end.

Nevertheless if I had the money, I’d buy it because the price is just a number for me that tells me if it matches my pocket. And I only spend money I don’t need.

Also this model was boutique only, so I doubt you’ve encountered it at an AD.
Old 1 September 2019, 05:10 AM   #39
AK797
Banned

Quote:
I don’t know how to explain...
I do believe a price change of 20k wouldn’t give that particular model much more success as we reached a price point where it doesn’t matter as much as in the lower end.

Nevertheless if I had the money, I’d buy it because the price is just a number for me that tells me if I can afford it not.

Also this model was boutique only, so I doubt you’ve encountered it at an AD.
It probably wouldn't have made a huge difference as this model in WG was a bust anyway but still I wish there was more business savvy with these watch makers and less dreaming, and I have been very critical of Stern and Rolex for their incompetences and market amateurness believe me, no Holy Cows with me, but at the end of the day these are all just watchmakers so par for the course I try to remember.

It was probably called a boutique but its pretty small and never a soul inside so makes no difference what they call it.