The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 January 2011, 02:07 PM   #31
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
I'd go GMT2C - great updates..and would suit you well.

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2011, 02:23 PM   #32
Watchdog
"TRF" Member

Watch: I can't tell time
GMT IIC

Definitely.

Perfect.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2011, 03:36 PM   #33
OLJR

Watch: GMT-Master II
I am a regular long distance traveller too and I find the GMTII meets my needs very well indeed.

As well as telling the time in a third time zone I also find that the bezel works well as a countdown tool so I can see how much time is left until landing.

If the expected flight time is, say, six hours I move the bezel three clicks east or west of the hour hand at the time when the aircraft rotates. And then during the flight if I want to know how much flight time is left all I need to do is look at the bezel and the hour hand.
OLJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2011, 02:35 AM   #34
jetdriver21
"TRF" Member

Thank you all for the great information and recommendations. It appears there is quite a following for both watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wokafu View Post
GMTII white is better looking...
I was not aware that GMTII in white was an option. Can someone send me more info on this or point me in the direction where i can find info? This may fit the bill perfectly.

Additionally, several of you mentioned that I could do well by selecting a reputable seller on this forum for this purchase. Could I ask that some of the sellers contact me either via this thread or via PM to discuss? Any recommendations on which seller(s) are widely respected would be helpful from the general membership.
jetdriver21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2011, 09:31 AM   #35
zeuloa
"TRF" Member

Watch: SEA-DWELLER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdriver21 View Post
Thank you all for the great information and recommendations. It appears there is quite a following for both watches.

I was not aware that GMTII in white was an option. Can someone send me more info on this or point me in the direction where i can find info? This may fit the bill perfectly.

Additionally, several of you mentioned that I could do well by selecting a reputable seller on this forum for this purchase. Could I ask that some of the sellers contact me either via this thread or via PM to discuss? Any recommendations on which seller(s) are widely respected would be helpful from the general membership.
The GMTII in white is probably not an option, unless you find one of the early and expensive models that were made for Pan-Am executives. Black is your only option now.

A revised Exp II is expected to come out in March with revised bracelet, clasp, and an orange 4th hand - I would say this is your best bet!
zeuloa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2011, 01:36 PM   #36
slcbbrown
"TRF" Member

Watch: 50's TT t-bird
I'm a fan of the EXP II's and bought a couple for kids in the service. But, if you're only going to have one Rolex, the GMT is the classic and a beauty. You can also get an all black version and add the colored bezels, later.

That said, a polar EXP II would be a great choice to get a different look from the Speedy Pro that you already have.
slcbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2011, 04:17 AM   #37
sportsmaven20
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Here's my non-biased suggestion:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GMT II-C 1_29_2011.jpg (69.4 KB, 27 views)
sportsmaven20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2011, 05:33 AM   #38
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuloa View Post
A revised Exp II is expected to come out in March with revised bracelet, clasp, and an orange 4th hand - I would say this is your best bet!
+1. Wait until the end of March to see what Rolex rolls out this year.
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2011, 07:27 AM   #39
jrssv

A GMC IIc is a very practical travel watch and it isn't bounty. I just got back from a cruise - shorts to a suit - no one noticed. It was easy to set through five time zones and I could tell at a glance what time it was at home.
jrssv is offline   Reply With Quote