The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 19 April 2024, 12:34 PM   #1
TheVision
"TRF" Member

Pam 946 ?

I'm getting my first dip in the world of Panerai....my sub is getting too much abuse..lol. And I miss those days of wearing bigger 44mm Breitling back in the day on rubber straps. I was looking at the rolex gmt master but it's too much like my sub and I'd rather have another brand instead to mix things up.

I'm looking at this 3 day gmt radiomir (45mm) from a AD (box+2018 papers and service performed at the AD itself with one year warranty).

This will be in rotation with my trusty sub but I'll replace it with a black gator strap mainly for office (I work from home primarily).

Not sure how robust Panerai movements are but I sure do like this and blue dials have always had a soft spot in my heart! Have negotiated $7500 shipped since this is a out of state AD. I checked chrono24 and the cheapest is like $7k from a highly suspicous private seller. Reputable sellers are charging around $8k+.

I noticed the radiomirs only come with 100m but my AD contact said its got screw down crown and swimming/pools are totally ok for this model (I've never dived below 6 feet if water in my life..lol).

Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2024-04-18 192401.png (262.7 KB, 109 views)
TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 04:05 PM   #2
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Nice blue dial.

The 1940 Radiomir is a good option if you want the solid (not wire) lugs of the Luminor without the signature crown guard.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 10:47 PM   #3
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
A good looking watch. I like Panerai and currently own three. Down from seven just a few months ago. I always have to consider getting out of a watch when I get into one. Panerai is one of the more difficult value propositions out there. With so many models and variations out there it is typically only the most popular that retain any decent value. I would contact a few of our Trusted Sellers and see what they would give you on a sale or a trade on the watch you are considering. I would believe that they would not buy this model outright without offering a ridiculously low offer. The trade would also be difficult. If I was going Panerai, I would stick to a model that retains some value and has a historical link to the brand. The 000, 005, etc. Look at DavidSW's site and see some great Panerai's that have value and significant historical links to the brand. Also, you will benefit from his customer service and you will have the watch the next day by lunch after you pay. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 04:41 AM   #4
funkright
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs. All of them!
Icon10 Love my 627

Bought it because I like it, also managed to snag at a great price. Definitely wouldn't have bought it from an AD, but aftermarket worked for me. Buying a watch based on future resale value is a fool's errand, from my POV, though YMMV
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28FE3C0C-1805-4E62-9627-D529537A2B2E.jpg (283.6 KB, 54 views)
funkright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 09:56 PM   #5
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote