The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 20 August 2019, 06:53 AM   #1
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

ROO Rubber Pushers

So I emailed APSC to begin a service order on my wife's 37mm ROO and wanted to see if anyone else here has been able to get AP to swap out the rubber pushers for ceramic yet? We have had this for quite some time and already been serviced once before. However, the watch is running fine and she WEARS it as you can see. I am only sending it there for what is pictured below and surely a service while its there. But.... I'm not so sure the rubber should wear out like this and if that's normal, have inquired to see if they would swap them out for ceramic and maybe do a diamond bezel while it's there? The rounding of the crown I get but the top pusher rubber is so worn that the metal is showing at the top. Anyone have APSC swap these successfully before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 07:10 AM   #2
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Wow I thought is was just my wife who treats watches this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 07:12 AM   #3
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Wow I thought is was just my wife who treats watches this way.

Not this one! Lugging 3 and 5 year old crazy boys around doesn't help.
Old 20 August 2019, 07:29 AM   #4
sgfortino
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nerd
Can I ask a totally unrelated question? How would that model work for a guy with a smaller wrist? The 15450 fits me perfectly but I have always liked the looks of the offshore. Having never seen this in person I thought I would ask.
sgfortino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 07:36 AM   #5
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgfortino View Post
Can I ask a totally unrelated question? How would that model work for a guy with a smaller wrist? The 15450 fits me perfectly but I have always liked the looks of the offshore. Having never seen this in person I thought I would ask.
It is sold as a unisex model, so I guess its not a big issue to some. I do not find it especially feminine as say her 7118 is, which is more clearly a womens model. I think the white may be a little feminine but there are several options now at the 37mm size in different colors, you would have to go try it on and see how you like it. Its too small for me, I may or may not have tried it on before.
Old 20 August 2019, 07:38 AM   #6
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
Quote:

A quick glance at the AP site seems to suggest the only 37 ROOs offered right now have a heavy dose of jewels on them...

TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 07:40 AM   #7
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
A quick glance at the AP site seems to suggest the only 37 ROOs offered right now have a heavy dose of jewels on them...

Yeah, you are correct, guess they did away with the standard bezels and looks as they are classified as "womens" now. That wasn't the case all that long ago.
Old 20 August 2019, 07:41 AM   #8
sgfortino
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post

That’s what prompted me to ask the question. While the 37mm versions may fit my wrist best I don’t think I can pull off diamonds.
sgfortino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2019, 07:42 AM   #9
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That’s what prompted me to ask the question. While the 37mm versions may fit my wrist best I don’t think I can pull off diamonds.
You could likely find one from a gray in this generation if you decided the size was for you.
Old 20 August 2019, 07:47 AM   #10
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
The new 42mm titanium is sweet

TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 12:15 AM   #11
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
The watch does not look that beat up ... at least not to the level of those pushers ... It would look cool with diamonds and ceramic for sure!
Old 21 August 2019, 12:45 AM   #12
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterserg View Post
The watch does not look that beat up ... at least not to the level of those pushers ... It would look cool with diamonds and ceramic for sure!
Yeah, she has some marks but its really not that bad and runs perfect. Why I am a little disappointed the one pusher has done this. I am really hoping they agree to replace the pushers to ceramic and bling out the bezel, would be a nice surprise for the wife!
Old 21 August 2019, 02:54 AM   #13
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Not this one! Lugging 3 and 5 year old crazy boys around doesn't help.
My wife has worn her lady RO for the last 6 years lugging around my now 5, 4 and 8 month old. I can't believe how hard she is on that watch and how well its held up (never serviced). She even forgot to attach the buckle one time and it fell onto the concrete while she was holding our middle son. She didn't notice and proceed to accidentally kick it. She has other watches but loves that lady RO on rubber. That watch with JLC movement has been bomb proof.

Don't know if AP will swap them out but doesn't hurt to ask. I've tried many times for them to swap out the rubber crowns on the FC diver for ceramic and they declined. The new lady ROO does have SS pushers instead of rubber so maybe they will change them out.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 02:59 AM   #14
andrewjoo7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
My wife has worn her lady RO for the last 6 years lugging around my now 5, 4 and 8 month old. I can't believe how hard she is on that watch and how well its held up (never serviced). She even forgot to attach the buckle one time and it fell onto the concrete while she was holding our middle son. She didn't notice and proceed to accidentally kick it. She has other watches but loves that lady RO on rubber. That watch with JLC movement has been bomb proof.

Don't know if AP will swap them out but doesn't hurt to ask. I've tried many times for them to swap out the rubber crowns on the FC diver for ceramic and they declined. The new lady ROO does have SS pushers instead of rubber so maybe they will change them out.
is the lady ro the 67651 quartz?
andrewjoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 03:59 AM   #15
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Heard back, the pushers from the new 37mm will not fit and they will not change the bezel to diamond as it would be from a different reference number. They would do a black dial from the white but thats it. :(

Oh well, shipping kit should be here tomorrow and will get it off for service and refinish!
Old 21 August 2019, 04:51 AM   #16
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This might help. I get lots of comments, but probably because of the clash of colour with my shirts!

IMG_2856.jpg

In all seriousness, whilst the pic isn't the greatest, I can and do wear a 44mm just fine, so this might give you an idea of the ROO 37mm size.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2019, 07:22 AM   #17
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjoo7 View Post
is the lady ro the 67651 quartz?
Its the old Lady RO with automatic JLC movement. They were never all that popular but I think they are a great size at 33mm and can have leather, rubber or bracelet.

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/wa....ZZ.1230ST.01/
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote