The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 25 December 2023, 04:30 AM   #61
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
I appreciate it. I am stunned how beautiful is the watch. BTW, the case design which does not get as much attention is also remarkable. It wears fantastic.

There is a lot of conversation on how to get on the list. There are several great vids on Simon where he talks about what is coming and the different variants. On the topic of allocations: If I had to provide any tips on that, I would spent time with Simon in Geneva and grab a coffee. Check the watch, try it on, and confirm your interest if you still love it. That makes a big BIG difference.

I’ll post more pics later. : ) Merry Christmas.
Are you aware of any other variants besides the red gold? I expressed my interest in that one because the steel and titanitum options were already gone. Just curious if there’s other plans for other materials that haven’t been hinted at publicly.

I wish I could go to Geneva and grab a cup of coffee with him but that’s definitely not a possibility for me :(

Cant wait to see more of your pics. I can’t get enough of them. It’s such a gorgeous watch.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2023, 10:13 AM   #62
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
The sequence of metals for SBCA is zirconium, titanium, rose gold, steel and then platinum.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2023, 07:46 PM   #63
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Hello FrugalGreubal, I know it can be difficult to find time to go to Geneva but visiting the makers is not only a great experience but also adds to the relationship building. It is just a suggestion which I am sure you already know. Plus you get to visit all the others at the same time: Akrivia, DeBethune, Urwerk, and all the others. Perhaps do a FaceTime… anything to get you from being just a number email. I am guessing the requests easily outnumber his watches produced.

Ichiran provided already the materials inbound. I don’t have any insider info except I am sure these will be stunners! Check these vids on Simon. Good content on him:

https://youtu.be/l_whZfqzaW4?si=WCyAtnTZ1CiRmB5I

https://www.youtube.com/live/WTDzR_s...d2PrSw0G-zSiuP

I hope this is helpful to you. I’ll post pics later on .
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2023, 01:59 AM   #64
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
The sequence of metals for SBCA is zirconium, titanium, rose gold, steel and then platinum.
Thanks!
Old 26 December 2023, 02:05 AM   #65
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Hello FrugalGreubal, I know it can be difficult to find time to go to Geneva but visiting the makers is not only a great experience but also adds to the relationship building. It is just a suggestion which I am sure you already know. Plus you get to visit all the others at the same time: Akrivia, DeBethune, Urwerk, and all the others. Perhaps do a FaceTime… anything to get you from being just a number email. I am guessing the requests easily outnumber his watches produced.

Ichiran provided already the materials inbound. I don’t have any insider info except I am sure these will be stunners! Check these vids on Simon. Good content on him:

https://youtu.be/l_whZfqzaW4?si=WCyAtnTZ1CiRmB5I

https://www.youtube.com/live/WTDzR_s...d2PrSw0G-zSiuP

I hope this is helpful to you. I’ll post pics later on .
Sorry didn’t mean to imply your suggestion wasn’t helpful. It was greatly appreciated. It’s just not an option available to me at this time. I do hope that changes down the line because as you said there’s so many other great brands to visit there as well.

Thank you for the links, I’m checking them out right now.

Can’t wait to see those pics. As I said before I just can’t get enough of them.

I’m planning to reach out to the brand again after the new year and maybe be a little more eloquent in expressing my interest. I don’t think that can hurt.

Thanks again. People like you are what makes this forum so great!
Old 29 December 2023, 05:34 PM   #66
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Hey FG, posting a pic of the SB as promised. It is amazing how the watch captures light and reflects it back in so many angles. I see people spending a couple of secs focusing attention on it but moving on. No one has commented a single thing about it yet. I do see the glitter catching their attention.

Yes, to your idea to attempt on making some connection with SB. The guy is terrific and his English is really good.

On the watch: super comfortable to wear and sits really well on the wrist. Great profile as the height his barely 10mm. I loupe this watch all the time with up to 15x and don’t see any flaws. None. So impressive. It keeps amazing time, similar to my Romain Gauthier but I am a not crazy over those matters. But do notice. My fav aspect of this watch is the front. It is simply beautiful with no deep analyzes but if you start to dive into it, it turns into something else. The dial hand engraved by the best in the biz, the titanium bridges with up to 17 inward angles, 23 concaved screws to perfection, that amazing stop sec mechanism and the list continues.

This is a special watch to me. Let me know if you have any other particular questions that I can answer. Glad to take special angle pics of the watch that might be important to you.

Good luck on the journey and keep us posted.

Old 30 December 2023, 12:30 AM   #67
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I loupe this watch all the time with up to 15x and don’t see any flaws. None. So impressive.
And that is how it SHOULD be at these levels. Many 'independent' brands have been falling far behind (greatly eliminating) true handcraftsmanship. S Brette chose to truly deliver the very, very best possible. Other brands are surely taking notice here! Simon rocks! :)

Side Note: This is also why i ROF LOL at those who still think the 1960s 'Holy Trinity' marketing scheme has any relevance whatsoever nearly six(!) decades later.

Let us all CELEBRATE true independent brands that greatly exceed out-of-date marketing schemes from the 1960s.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2023, 04:29 AM   #68
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Hey FG, posting a pic of the SB as promised. It is amazing how the watch captures light and reflects it back in so many angles. I see people spending a couple of secs focusing attention on it but moving on. No one has commented a single thing about it yet. I do see the glitter catching their attention.

Yes, to your idea to attempt on making some connection with SB. The guy is terrific and his English is really good.

On the watch: super comfortable to wear and sits really well on the wrist. Great profile as the height his barely 10mm. I loupe this watch all the time with up to 15x and don’t see any flaws. None. So impressive. It keeps amazing time, similar to my Romain Gauthier but I am a not crazy over those matters. But do notice. My fav aspect of this watch is the front. It is simply beautiful with no deep analyzes but if you start to dive into it, it turns into something else. The dial hand engraved by the best in the biz, the titanium bridges with up to 17 inward angles, 23 concaved screws to perfection, that amazing stop sec mechanism and the list continues.

This is a special watch to me. Let me know if you have any other particular questions that I can answer. Glad to take special angle pics of the watch that might be important to you.

Good luck on the journey and keep us posted.

Thanks for the new photo. Just goddamn… I am lusting after this watch so hard. It’s just stunning. Looks amazing on your wrist btw.

I wanna thank you again for your encouragement and insight. I am definitely planning on reaching out to the brand early in the new year. I was originally going to play wait-and-see but after what you said I plan to be more pro-active.

I can never get enough pictures of it. Every photo seems to reveal a new wonderful detail.

I will most likely reach out to you again soon with another question or two in the near future.

Thank you again for all your help and advice. It’s been greatly appreciated.

Congrats again on the watch. It’s perfect!
Old 30 December 2023, 07:05 AM   #69
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

The incredible Simon Brette

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
And that is how it SHOULD be at these levels. Many 'independent' brands have been falling far behind (greatly eliminating) true handcraftsmanship. S Brette chose to truly deliver the very, very best possible. Other brands are surely taking notice here! Simon rocks! :)

Side Note: This is also why i ROF LOL at those who still think the 1960s 'Holy Trinity' marketing scheme has any relevance whatsoever nearly six(!) decades later.

Let us all CELEBRATE true independent brands that greatly exceed out-of-date marketing schemes from the 1960s.

Agree 100% on this. I praise the indie scene for this. I reserve no judgement on the « trilogy » but you are right on target. I mean, one of my fav brands is AP but we are talking of different brand qualities and vision.

SB is next level and in line with Gauthier, Greubel Forsey, Ferdinand Berthoud and others. It caught up quick. Other brands are noticing! Crazy to see what 2026 is going to be with his complicated model. Like you say, awesome to be in the indie space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 December 2023, 07:07 AM   #70
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post
Thanks for the new photo. Just goddamn… I am lusting after this watch so hard. It’s just stunning. Looks amazing on your wrist btw.

I wanna thank you again for your encouragement and insight. I am definitely planning on reaching out to the brand early in the new year. I was originally going to play wait-and-see but after what you said I plan to be more pro-active.

I can never get enough pictures of it. Every photo seems to reveal a new wonderful detail.

I will most likely reach out to you again soon with another question or two in the near future.

Thank you again for all your help and advice. It’s been greatly appreciated.

Congrats again on the watch. It’s perfect!

Of course… anytime. Here is one more pic for the end of 2023. Happy New Year!

Old 30 December 2023, 07:38 AM   #71
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Major congrats on this beauty.

I would do very bad things for one of these.
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 09:38 AM   #72
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Any got in for the 2023/2024 allocations?
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 01:40 PM   #73
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Any got in for the 2023/2024 allocations?
Nothing new on my end. I actually emailed them a couple of days ago hoping for an update on my initial inquiry from back in April. If I hear anything I’ll let you know.
Old 2 February 2024, 01:58 PM   #74
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nothing new on my end. I actually emailed them a couple of days ago hoping for an update on my initial inquiry from back in April. If I hear anything I’ll let you know.

Good luck!
Old 2 February 2024, 02:35 PM   #75
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Good luck!
Thanks! Good luck to you as well!
Old 2 February 2024, 03:10 PM   #76
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks! Good luck to you as well!

Will keep everyone posted if I get the good news.
Old 2 February 2024, 05:43 PM   #77
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

I can’t believe I missed these. Insanely “cheap” for what they are in terms of quality. Deal of the century.
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2024, 05:53 PM   #78
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

I am getting the titanium one (exactly same watch as my friend rockdrock's above) tentatively in August 2027. It's more than 3 years away but happy to wait. This is the masterpiece.
Old 3 February 2024, 12:23 AM   #79
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I am getting the titanium one (exactly same watch as my friend rockdrock's above) tentatively in August 2027. It's more than 3 years away but happy to wait. This is the masterpiece.
Wow, congrats! It’s definitely gonna be worth the wait. I’m very jealous.
Old 3 February 2024, 12:25 AM   #80
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Wow, congrats! It’s definitely gonna be worth the wait. I’m very jealous.
Thanks buddy
This is one of those watches that is enough for serious collectors to call it a day (my view of course). Proper end-game crown jewel
Old 3 February 2024, 06:18 AM   #81
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That’s very good news. I think he mentioned that there may be a total of 99 pieces but probably a lot less. And only 12 pieces per year?
Old 3 February 2024, 09:41 AM   #82
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That’s very good news. I think he mentioned that there may be a total of 99 pieces but probably a lot less. And only 12 pieces per year?
Please see below post.

Quote:
Only 12 titanium pieces are released each year until the total number reaches 99 (could stop before 99). In 2024 or 2025, a rose gold series will be launched and that will also be sold concurrently with the titanium. The rose gold will be 12 annually too (hence 12 RG + 12 Ti annually).

The titanium are all sold out.
Old 3 February 2024, 01:48 PM   #83
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please see below post.

You are one patient man!
Old 4 February 2024, 02:16 AM   #84
JMac6
"TRF" Member

I am hoping I am allocated the RG. I got an email in May of 2023 that I was on the “list” for the RG but who knows. The RG would be the perfect addition for me. 99 watches in titanium, RG, etc., is not a lot, but I always wonder what the market is. In terms of timing, I emailed a week or two before the announcement.
JMac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2024, 02:32 AM   #85
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac6 View Post
I am hoping I am allocated the RG. I got an email in May of 2023 that I was on the “list” for the RG but who knows. The RG would be the perfect addition for me. 99 watches in titanium, RG, etc., is not a lot, but I always wonder what the market is. In terms of timing, I emailed a week or two before the announcement.
The only response I ever got after my initial inquiry in April was an email asking if I was interested in the Red Gold version. I replied that I was but I haven't received a response since. I sent them an email a few days ago with a much longer explanation of why I’d love to own one of their watches to hopefully see if I get some kind of update.

I really don’t think I have a good chance. I only initially reached out later in the day after the first reveal/announcement. I just wasn’t quick enough.

I also wish they’d reconsider and just keep this series going. I know that’s not the plan but it would be nice just so I can get one lol.

Hope you get some good news.
Old 4 February 2024, 03:27 AM   #86
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac6 View Post
The rose gold edition is gorgeous with its black dial. Hope we will get the good news soon.
Old 4 February 2024, 04:27 AM   #87
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The only response I ever got after my initial inquiry in April was an email asking if I was interested in the Red Gold version. I replied that I was but I haven't received a response since. I sent them an email a few days ago with a much longer explanation of why I’d love to own one of their watches to hopefully see if I get some kind of update.

I really don’t think I have a good chance. I only initially reached out later in the day after the first reveal/announcement. I just wasn’t quick enough.

I also wish they’d reconsider and just keep this series going. I know that’s not the plan but it would be nice just so I can get one lol.

Hope you get some good news.

Is there really even a hope at being allocated anything at close to the original price these were listed at? If so I might email too lol.

Objectively, they seem better made than anything in that price range and even watches that are 2x the price. I wouldn't be surprised if they go to $120k - $200k as a starting point?
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2024, 04:29 AM   #88
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Is there really even a hope at being allocated anything at close to the original price these were listed at? If so I might email too lol.

Objectively, they seem better made than anything in that price range and even watches that are 2x the price. I wouldn't be surprised if they go to $120k - $200k as a starting point?

The RG edition is 85000CHF. I think it is very reasonable for what it is.
Old 4 February 2024, 04:33 AM   #89
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The rose gold edition is gorgeous with its black dial. Hope we will get the good news soon.
Wow I haven’t even heard what it might look like. I doubt you can but any chance you have any photos you can share of it?
Old 4 February 2024, 04:53 AM   #90
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post

I haven’t see one in person but from all the photos and videos that have been shared I agree about the value proposition of these watches. It’s getting close to my limit for what I can spend but even if it went a little higher I’d still immediately jump at the chance to get one.

I absolutely think you should reach out. It doesn’t hurt to try.