The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 December 2023, 04:16 PM   #21
jessiethe3rd
Banned

This is not an easy answer. And that's Journe. Understanding Journe makes you appreciate and respect how they do things.

I am on my second rep. I got passed over once Julian left the Miami boutique. Julian would send me tons of pictures of stock all the time via text. I’d be walking around with Journe Wood all day. All the most insane pieces. He kept me locked in on all the hottest Journe pieces. Some are highly excellent pieces like these;

My transition rep moved to NYC. This is a boutique I have traditionally tried to avoid. I’m telling you, I don’t hate this boutique, but man, NYC can be a bit brutal. I have not been out to reconnect since moving to Seattle, but I’m hoping to hit the new London Boutique Apéritif while I’m in business next month and then hit NYC in early spring. This is kind of the way this works. Political, but be a fantastic person and let them get to know you.

I’m supposed to get an allocation call out soon, but I am not holding my breath. It’s been three years on the CO waitlist. In anticipation of the possibility, I've written an essay. Not because I was asked but because I am serious and invested in Francois-Paul’s vision. I respect what they are trying to accomplish. Full vertical manufacturing integration. Genuine passion for the history of watchmaking. Innovative movement. Exceptionally high-quality finishing. An iconoclastic spirit.

My CB took about two years in 2017. I spent 3-4 boutique visits and spent time with Pierre. I had juice then because I was making plenty of visits. Without cred, you really must hustle.

This isn’t Patek, kids. They want patience. Engagement. Community. Real conversation. It’s old school—a real club of sorts.

That's my story. One in. More to come. The sky is the limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
jessiethe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote