The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 September 2023, 01:04 AM   #1
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post
Sorry to hear this as getting items stolen is a terrible experience and feeling. Similar thing happened years ago on this forum and some how the watch made its way in the main part of the bag and the guy found it later on when cleaning out his bag… I know it’s a one in a couple million shot, but worth a look/check.
I was thinking the same thing. Worth a look.

Also, sorry to hear about all this. 5 days? That's tough. At least you weren't hurt.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 03:37 AM   #2
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Man. Still in the honeymoon phase, that’s the pits. I get wanting to remove your watch before athletic activity. I’m the same way.

I hope you find a way to get your stolen Rolex Serial # 928066D9 back.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 03:50 AM   #3
502 to Right
"TRF" Member

Given that you are in the San Francisco area, I would not expect much (if any) help from the police. It would appear theft has been legalized in the area.

Have you talked to the golf club about any surveillance cameras they use? I assume you know where your bag was when the theft occurred? It's important to preserve any video they have of the time frame and keep it (they commonly record over old footage after a certain amount of time).

You likely will need to do your own leg work to have any chance of recovering the watch. I know if it were me I'd be like a dog on bone to get the watch back.
502 to Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 07:18 AM   #4
2000-NJDEVILS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502 to Right View Post
Given that you are in the San Francisco area, I would not expect much (if any) help from the police. It would appear theft has been legalized in the area.

Have you talked to the golf club about any surveillance cameras they use? I assume you know where your bag was when the theft occurred? It's important to preserve any video they have of the time frame and keep it (they commonly record over old footage after a certain amount of time).

You likely will need to do your own leg work to have any chance of recovering the watch. I know if it were me I'd be like a dog on bone to get the watch back.
Great minds think alike - that’s exactly what I was going to say!
2000-NJDEVILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 04:19 AM   #5
BLNR Nairobi
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them.
Sorry OP.
BLNR Nairobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 04:41 AM   #6
logo
"TRF" Member

There’s a 4 hour interval where you didn’t see the watch - you were away from the bag for 10 minutes at the beginning. While theft is possible, is it not also possible the bag was not zipped up fully and the watch just fell out on the course while bouncing around in the golf cart? I know some golf bag pockets are basically vertical and shallow and don’t hold contents at all unless zipped fully.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2023, 10:02 AM   #7
S52
"TRF" Member

Watch: me fly-by
Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
There’s a 4 hour interval where you didn’t see the watch - you were away from the bag for 10 minutes at the beginning. While theft is possible, is it not also possible the bag was not zipped up fully and the watch just fell out on the course while bouncing around in the golf cart? I know some golf bag pockets are basically vertical and shallow and don’t hold contents at all unless zipped fully.
My first thought as well. Let the pro shop know perhaps a good samaritan will come across the watch on the cart path or something and turn it in to the lost&found.

Serial # 928066D9

Good luck!
Old 4 September 2023, 05:02 AM   #8
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Stolen Rolex 14060M. What do I do?

Damn that sucks. I’m sorry!

Another reminder for us, when not at home, your wrist is the safest place for your watch.

No gym lockers, jacket pockets, golf bags etc. keep it on the wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 05:03 AM   #9
ColoradoTime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss
This sucks. I’m so sorry. What a crappy feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ColoradoTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 05:11 AM   #10
PatekSF
"TRF" Member

Watch: what I like to do
Horrible, especially since the Presidio Golf Course is located in a very prestigious and affluent area of San Francisco, adjacent to Presidio Heights and Presidio Terrace. Hopefully the Federal Park Police will assist with your loss, given the rarity of this type of occurrence in their jurisdiction.
Old 4 September 2023, 05:12 AM   #11
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Hope you get it back.
Old 5 September 2023, 11:52 AM   #12
KathleenL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 279171-0001
Screenshot taken from the Rolex FAQs:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Playing Sports.jpg (103.2 KB, 524 views)
KathleenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2023, 10:25 AM   #13
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Sorry to hear that. Already many good suggestions here. If stolen, somebody must've been watching you really close. A person doesn't like to think it, but how well did you know the people in your foursome as they could get close to your clubs easily, whereas a complete stranger would be noticed. Check for any golf course security video. It's amazing how opportunist some thieves are. Hopefully it just fell out of the bag and shows up in lost & found. Good luck in the search.
TickTockChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 07:11 AM   #14
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTockChuck View Post
Sorry to hear that. Already many good suggestions here. If stolen, somebody must've been watching you really close. A person doesn't like to think it, but how well did you know the people in your foursome as they could get close to your clubs easily, whereas a complete stranger would be noticed. Check for any golf course security video. It's amazing how opportunist some thieves are. Hopefully it just fell out of the bag and shows up in lost & found. Good luck in the search.
If security footage is not available. Put another watch in your golf bag and walk away, monitor it from far and see if the SAME theft take the bait.
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2023, 11:08 AM   #15
twinfo
Banned

Watch: DateJust 1126300
Sorry to hear about that.
twinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2023, 11:11 AM   #16
youneswatches
Banned

Watch: 124060
Sorry to hear about this OP I hope you get it back.
youneswatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 06:50 AM   #17
Easy Rhino
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M Sub 2005
Sorry about your 14060M, OP. I would be ill. For years I've been flying very frequently and would never, ever put my 14060M in the TSA X-ray bowls at the conveyer, but removed the watch before reaching security and placing it in a zipped pocket in my leather carry on bag. Now I'm re-thinking that and will in the future remove it before I arrive at the airport.
Easy Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 07:19 AM   #18
East of Eden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rhino View Post
Sorry about your 14060M, OP. I would be ill. For years I've been flying very frequently and would never, ever put my 14060M in the TSA X-ray bowls at the conveyer, but removed the watch before reaching security and placing it in a zipped pocket in my leather carry on bag. Now I'm re-thinking that and will in the future remove it before I arrive at the airport.
I've never taken my watch off when going through TSA security.
Old 7 September 2023, 11:25 AM   #19
Easy Rhino
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M Sub 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by East of Eden View Post
Interesting. I'm unsure about whether it would trip the magnetometers. On our trip to Cali last week my wife's sandals tripped it. I just don't want to be in a position to have to take it off and let it sit unwatched.
Easy Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 10:09 PM   #20
georgew
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: mostly Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by East of Eden View Post
I've never had my rolex (either SS or TT models) trip the airport TSA scanner. Belt buckle has, as has a few pieces of wife's jewelry (but not her watch either).
georgew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 07:54 AM   #21
Pop Art Suzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgew View Post
I've never had my rolex (either SS or TT models) trip the airport TSA scanner. Belt buckle has, as has a few pieces of wife's jewelry (but not her watch either).
I have two Cartier Love bracelets that always trip the security at airports. Doesn't matter where I'm flying to/from. I just get used to going through the body scanner. This way I don't have to take anything off and have anything go out of my sight.

I used to take my watch off (not a Rolex) while playing tennis and put it in my tennis bag. Thankfully I was on the court with trusted people.

Sorry to hear this OP. I can't imagine.
Old 7 September 2023, 10:40 PM   #22
Nik00
Banned

Sorry to hear about your stolen watch, hope you get it back.
Nik00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2023, 01:06 AM   #23
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I hope you recover your watch OP.

Welcome to the forum
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 04:55 AM   #24
mohner01
"TRF" Member

Thank you all for the kind words and suggestions. Yes, my first post on forums. Have reported to RUSA and watch register. Will continue to enjoy my 16234 and 16750 (Polar). Went to AD in SF and gave the sob story now on wish list for 124060. Another collector was in the store looking for a new piece who had recently been robbed at gunpoint in downtown SF.

Feels like a part of me is missing. Lesson learned. I'm pretty sure I was marked and watched by the perp and piece was taken when i was away from bag for only 3-4 minutes. Who knows, maybe it will find its way back to me some day in the future.
mohner01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 05:32 AM   #25
mohner01
"TRF" Member

Was also quoted $180 per watch for an appraisal to share with Insurance. This seems insane to me? Is that market rate?
Old 13 September 2023, 06:05 AM   #26
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohner01 View Post
Was also quoted $180 per watch for an appraisal to share with Insurance. This seems insane to me? Is that market rate?
I'd spend $180 yesterday for piece of mind tomorrow. Isn't that what insurance is for? May be "too little too late" at this point, but I actually regret waiting this long to get appraisals for insurance. It's halfway through Sept. & I got my watch end of April.

Wishlist: 128236; 5396G; 15550ST; 384.029
piratfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2023, 03:25 AM   #27
georgew
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: mostly Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohner01 View Post
$180 per watch seems quite high. Through my AD, i'm currently getting all my rolex watches re-appraised (last was 2012) - for $45 each. Then I will update my policy's itemized jewelry list specifying insured value for each. Yeah, insurance will go up as the value of a few have doubled+. But I'll sleep better and feel confident wearing them (in all but the worst situations)
georgew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 05:42 AM   #28
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Omg, this hurts my heart to read. I have an appointment tomorrow actually to get my collection appraised & documented for insurance. I hope to never need to use that information.

Wishlist: 128236; 5396G; 15550ST; 384.029
piratfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2023, 05:48 AM   #29
mohner01
"TRF" Member

Also - thank you to all who shared thoughts and advice on my original post. Maybe it finds its way back to me someday.
Old 13 September 2023, 06:11 AM   #30
mohner01
"TRF" Member

Agreed - Regret not having it in the first place. A tough lesson learned. Was just taken aback by the cost per watch for the appraisals only (16234 and Exp 2 Polar, $360)...let alone the annual premium for someone who lives in SF. My agent told me that carriers are pulling out of CA and no longer offering new renter's policies by the day...