The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 January 2020, 02:50 AM   #31
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
It is the Superlative Chronometer certification tag. It means something. I've never been given a Rolex without one. Some ADs may retain it by default or maybe just don't treat it as a big deal. You don't really need it but if you want it, they should give it to you.
Stay out of my head, Harry!

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 04:33 AM   #32
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
The Green Seal is the chronometer certification and should be included with your purchase. It is not a "tag" or sticker to be removed at sale.

Green Seal by LarryDPhotography, on Flickr
Old 5 January 2020, 04:57 AM   #33
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Glad that you go the watch at least But yes should be included, and great to hear that they are shipping it
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2020, 06:10 AM   #34
RBradleigh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 Polar
Not sure why some on here say its important when the watch itself says “Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified”

I’d be much more concerned if either the watch didn’t include the Rolex Warranty Card or the Card didn’t match the serial number on the watch.
Old 6 January 2020, 12:19 PM   #35
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Yes you should get the hang tags - glad they are sending it to you. I didn’t get the original question thought you meant the green sticker that used to come on the case backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 January 2020, 10:33 PM   #36
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
The Green Seal is the chronometer certification and should be included with your purchase. It is not a "tag" or sticker to be removed at sale.
It is 100% correct that the green seal should be provided with the watch.

However it is not the ‘chronometer certification’ of the watch.

“The green seal accompanying your Rolex watch is a symbol of its status
as a Superlative Chronometer” .... quote from the most up to date instruction manual text.

A chronometer certificate contains identifying information pertaining to the movement. The seals are generic and are nothing more than a symbol. Like the anchor that used to come with subs and sea dwellers.
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2020, 10:42 PM   #37
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
It is 100% correct that the green seal should be provided with the watch.

However it is not the ‘chronometer certification’ of the watch.

“The green seal accompanying your Rolex watch is a symbol of its status
as a Superlative Chronometer” .... quote from the most up to date instruction manual text.

A chronometer certificate contains identifying information pertaining to the movement. The seals are generic and are nothing more than a symbol. Like the anchor that used to come with subs and sea dwellers.
Exactly this. My AD puts the seal under the cushion with any extra links removed after sizing. Silly question, but did you look there?

EDIT: intended for OP obviously
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2020, 11:19 PM   #38
MariettaMike
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II BLRO
As previous mentioned, call your AD and request the green tag as this is the current tag Rolex provides with its newly purchased watches. Previously, Rolex provided red tags with its watches. When Rolex increased its warranty from three to five years, it changed the tag color to green. Request the green tag.

All Rolex watches are shipped from Rolex in sealed plastic cases known as coffins. When you purchased the Rolex your AD put the watch into a 'package' of white outer box, white inner box, green watch box, thin film plastic resting on top of green watch box (protecting green watch box from white inner box), instruction manual, white tag with serial number, warranty card and plastic green tag. Usually you do not get the coffin in your 'package' but can ask for it. The warranty card comes in a protective sleeve that has a window displaying the model number of the watch.

If you did not get everything in your 'package', I'd give your AD a call and request they send you your missing items. As mentioned in previous posts, other than the warranty card, which is an important item to keep with your watch, it's nice having a complete 'package.'

MariettaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 05:43 AM   #39
GT3
"TRF" Member

I know this is an older thread, but for clarification hasn't there essentially always been two tags? One that looks like a wax seal that's either burgundy or green if it's before or after 2015. The other has always been a small rectangular green tag which has a sticker on it containing the model & serial number. This green tag may have recently changed to white.
GT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 09:35 AM   #40
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Yes, you should get the green hangtag AND a far more important white hangtag.

Your AD can easily replace the green one, but the white one, if lost, can never be recreated, so always insist on getting that one. Why? Because the white one lists the original configuration at the end of the reference number and it is on the same tag as your serial number. For example, with a white dial SS Daytona, you would get a tag with M116500LN-0001. Alternatively, if it said M116500LN-0002, it would have been born with a black dial.

If you didn’t have that tag, you might have trouble proving it was born with a white dial. Of course, your receipt should say white dial, but people don’t normally share sales receipts with a sale, so your “full set” status starts to crumble.

The only things you cannot buy on EBay or elsewhere are the original warranty card and the white hangtag.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 09:47 AM   #41
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Here’s a better example of the tags you should have with your warranty card.

I blackened the serial number on the white tag and warranty card, but those must match.

Showing you M126344-0022

The only place the dial is specified is that “0022”, which is a Wimbledon dial.

Also, for just one more tidbit, the white card tells you the box size that should come with your watch, in this case M for Medium.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 10:49 AM   #42
ChuMpion3
"TRF" Member

Ad and grey, always included.
ChuMpion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 05:19 PM   #43
madsitalia
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 226570
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post
Why not call the AD and ask them why it didn’t come with the hang tag? Maybe it’s lying around somewhere.
Yes I would do this
madsitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 08:42 PM   #44
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD

JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 09:15 PM   #45
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

$20. from fleabay.
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 10:49 PM   #46
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
I know this is an older thread, but for clarification hasn't there essentially always been two tags? One that looks like a wax seal that's either burgundy or green if it's before or after 2015. The other has always been a small rectangular green tag which has a sticker on it containing the model & serial number. This green tag may have recently changed to white.
The green seal, formerly the red seal should be supplied with the watch at the point of original purchase. The white rectangular hang tag is not supposed to be handed over with the watch (ditto the bezel protector) but many ADs just throw it in. Neither of them can authenticate a used watch watch because they can be bought online and the white one may not have been supplied with the watch originally. Other paperwork and a seller you have 101% researched will be more telling. Having satisfied yourself on those scores, having the tags is nice, assuming they are original.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 03:27 AM   #47
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
You should get it, but some ADs withhold it on purpose. I remember Wempe Madrid used to do that, when they were carrying Rolex.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote